• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

The Light

If y'all have ps+ I think downloading the single player will stop the ads. I'm not entirely sure tho since it has been awhile since i did it. (Have bought level unlock since then)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
OK anyone using the F2P version notice that the XMB music for it changed to the XMB music that The Last of Us uses? Is it just my version or did ND seriously put it there?

iLLmAtlc

also sorry about the double post but are you supposed to level up the boosters again because they switched from slot 1 to 2? I noticed yesterday that I didn't have my gold health regen anymore.

The Light

I noticed the music changed too. As for leveling the boosters I'm not sure since I haven't leveled them before the patch.

Also it seems the rest of the add-ons are back in the upgrade section.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm not sure about boosters either. The only one that affected me was bargain gold being downgraded to silver, but that's for everyone. Not sure what to tell you there.

Also, I hope you're right about the upgrades appearing again. I want co-op!

Monochrome_F3ar

Neo Member
Love this patch. The best part by far is THE SPIDERS! HOly shit man before I was a demigod with them but now, im like Zeus when I use them with KBE. Being a MM in TO just got way more fun. I dont know what all the fuss is about for ESE being moved to slot 2. I can just have it reserved in one of the loadouts and use it when i really need it, but yeah Spiders getting a medal reduction and buff was an Excellent idea. Bravo to whoever cam up with it.

Melchiah

I just recently played through UC3, as it came available on PS+, and enjoyed the sense of adventure, the atmosphere and the story. Then I bought UC2, and expected it to be better, as it was often said to be around here. Turns out, my personal opinion differs hugely from that viewpoint, coming from playing the 3rd one first. Eventhough UC2 had many of the same ingredients as its sequel, I hated the fights against the Yeti, eventhough I prefer these kind of games to have more than human enemies, like the old Tomb Raiders had. I also found the checkpoint system absolutely infuriating. Why can't it just continue from where I died, instead of needing to go through again all those enemies I already killed? The last straw was the last boss fight. I even changed the difficulty from normal to very easy, but it seemed like there's no difference. My idea of fun isn't to start the boss fight from the very beginning after I screw up. In that sense, it was even worse than KZ2's fight with Radec, as frustartingly hard as it was, it at least had checkpoints within, unlike UC2's fight with Lazarevic.

Both of the games have one thing in common, there's far too much gunfights in comparison to inspecting the old ruins and solving puzzles. I would prefer if the emphasis was on adventure instead of action, and I'm not sure if I want to buy the next Uncharted on PS4 if it follows the same formula.

I hate to say it, but spectator mode most likely isn't coming to the PS4/UC4 either.

Lazy dogs will just use the usual "technical difficulties" excuse, along with the PS4's inherent streaming capabilities.

JustSquid

I hate to say it, but spectator mode most likely isn't coming to the PS4/UC4 either.

Lazy dogs will just use the usual "technical difficulties" excuse, along with the PS4's inherent streaming capabilities.

You're probably correct but it never stopped me when they told me "Technical Difficulties" for UC3 lol.

We'll just have to see I suppose.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Has anyone noticed that alt abuse is too damn high in UC3 TO lately? Are they trying to boost headshots or something?
I notice them more in TDM, but they tend to quit there a lot more. The alts in TO just stay. Fuck alts, period. They ruin everything. I hope (but sincerely doubt) that it's not so easy to make alternate accounts on PS4 so we can see an end to this in online games. Play on your real accounts.

Fuck alts, period. They ruin everything. I hope (but sincerely doubt) that it's not so easy to make alternate accounts on PS4 so we can see an end to this in online games. Play on your real accounts.
Yeah, I wish that was the case with PS+, but unfortunately you'll be able to have up to 16 accounts on the same PS4 console. :\

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't understand taking out bargain level 3, level 2 is useless in the first place.

Gold aura now, whoopdeedo???
It's because of booster stacking. Since the latest patch removed bargain from slot 2 and put into slot 1, the people that had bargain in slot 2 kept theirs in slot 2 in addition to receiving it in slot 1. It was double gold bargain which was broken as fuck since people were getting a total of 4 medals reduced from their kickback. This is ND's solution to that problem by making bargain silver for everyone. sucks for us who didnt cheat the system but it's ND's fault for letting this huge oversight pass through them. They've said that they can't reset everyone's loadouts due to technical issues, so we're stuck with silver bargain forever.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wow the change was optional? Kinda wish I kept my team safe now lol
Only if you kept the affected booster that was changed in that slot. It'll work. It sucks I didn't have a Team Safe in slot 2 since I was playing TDM most of the time prior to the patch. I fucking HATE having it slot 1.

Only if you kept the affected booster that was changed in that slot. It'll work. It sucks I didn't have a Team Safe in slot 2 since I was playing TDM most of the time prior to the patch. I fucking HATE having it slot 1.

I still have it on Slot 2. I'll protect you when I have the loadout equipped. <3

Worst decision they made to this patch, seriously.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I still have it on Slot 2. I'll protect you when I have the loadout equipped. <3

Worst decision they made to this patch, seriously.
<3

We need to play Old Quarter co-op Arena back to back style. It is honestly the toughest co-op map to do and it's fucking amazing because it's so intense. Enemies spawn right away and you're always constantly shot from every direction. So good.

smik

After not really touching U3 multiplayer since launch its easily clear Uncharted 2 MP is vastly superior, maps are more grounded with only 2-3 storied levels, U3 has 4-5 layers and some really silly new mechanics to go along with it that just dont fit well.

even after downloading all the free DLC it just becomes even more apparent, something just feels off

also the character customization really brakes the immersion as its just all silly clothed skeletons that puts me off, i loved U2 skins systems with hero and villains from SP not as many pink colored skeletons running around

also the character customization really brakes the immersion as its just all silly clothed skeletons that puts me off, i loved U2 skins systems with hero and villains from SP not as many pink colored skeletons running around
Agreed. ND is catering to little kids. :|

PmG3gKo.png

^ Why can't we have public player pool stats on PS3 exclusive games?

I don't like Microsoft and their products, but I have to give them props for being so confident and transparent when it comes to online gaming.

JustSquid

PmG3gKo.png

^ Why can't we have public player pool stats on PS3 exclusive games?

I don't like Microsoft and their products, but I have to give them props for being so confident and transparent when it comes to online gaming.

That is one thing they do right....one thing.

Regardless, I'd like it for Sony exclusives.

Monochrome_F3ar

Neo Member
Bet you it was either like 5 mins of coding work to fix or the answer was really simple and too complex for these geniuses. That being said, I'm sorry for your loss GS2. Now you get to be miserable with all of us

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yay they reset everyone's boosters. Thank god. Now it's fair for everyone.

I'll have to test Mega Bomb's new blast radius to see what I think of the adjustment.

Thankfully they didn't take too long resetting people's boosters.

DAT COMEBACK.

TWICE.

While the frustration did kick in due to shitty randoms, I had fun playing tonight! I hate that they took away my TS/AA off of my loadouts. Guess TS/BitS will do. :/

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yeah we did have some frustrating matches against that party of 3 because of our shitty randoms but man we fucking beat them twice! Dat comeback indeed. The funny part is that they sent me hate mail afterwards challenging us to a FN match because they wanted "revenge" and were saying I was scared. Found it funny since we beat them with shitty randoms on our team twice while they got the alts and good randoms on their team.

Xdye7

The worst kind of players are always from FN. Fuck them. If you play pubs, take your beating like a man and shut it.

customs3spooky5me

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Omg SjShane fucking :bow

You truly are the Cloaked troll king in this game. Omfg I was laughing so hard on the mic from your crazy antics in objective today. You are the fucking best :lol :lol

Good games guys!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Gotta love how this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/user/AmmarWoOoW/videos

has a shitload of videos of him hacking and everything, and Sony won't do anything against him.

I ran into him in Team Objective. Had infinite grenades and Cluster Bombs. Needless to say, it was pretty hilarious seeing a shitload of Cluster Bombs go off for like three minutes, but it's still stupid.

Top Bottom