• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Can anyone who has played the previous games give some impressions on the difficulty level? I've traditionally played the previous games on Normal first, and then Hard, but this time I'm considering Hard from the beginning.

Tucah

you speak so well
I'm now on chapter 9, and the game's been fantastic so far. I've been on a blackout so I have no idea if any of this stuff was shown off beforehand but I loved
playing as young Drake, I wasn't expecting a playable flashback
. The section I'm on now is probably my least favorite so far, but it seems like it's starting to end.
Drake and Sully working their way through the burning house
was pretty rad as well.

Story-wise the game is fine - started off pretty great but slowed down a lot since then, but that's to be expected. I don't really care for
Charlie
, and I'd like
to see Elena sometime soon, but I do love the amount of Chloe so far, she's always been my Uncharted lady of choice.

And this is probably the best looking console game I've seen, looks even better than U2 (and I haven't really missed the motion blur).

Back to playing.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Gvaz said:
The reason I asked if UC3 had more exploration and less shooting is because for UC1 I went "drake is indiana jones? Yay! Wait why is there a shootout for 15 minutes every 5 minutes of exploration, ugughhgsdfklsdjfadf"

No offense, but you seriously need to go back and the watch Indiana Jones movies.

In other news, Wired saw the Eurogamer review and felt like it would go the same route but worse.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
So should i be selecting 7.1 LPCM, DTS or DD for audio? Also whats everyone selecting as their center channel option?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
fuzzyreactor said:
just rented this and put in the online pass but i keep getting a error about levels syncing when try to play online
Try selecting Co-Op and then online, that usually worked for me when I got that error.

ZeroRay

So yeah ND needs to patch the aiming issue in single player.

MP doesn't have this but once you get a gun in SP and start aiming, you'll know something isn't right. Huge oversight.

gibration

BruceLeeRoy said:
If your playing on HARD turn the aiming sensitivity up to maxed or almost maxed. It will help out a lot.
Thanks for reminding me. I've always played Uncharted with the sensitivity up but I forgot to change it last night.

ZeroRay said:
So yeah ND needs to patch the aiming issue in single player.

MP doesn't have this but once you get a gun in SP and start aiming, you'll know something isn't right. Huge oversight.

Yeah I swear its better for some reason later on in the game but that could just be because you get used to it by then. I went back and played some UC2 just to see if I was being crazy and its definitely a big difference. The only problem I have with the game is the Melee being so heavy handed. It doesn't really work all that smooth in the shooting sections either as it splits the ai mentality into some weird rush to force you into melee but also seek cover which leads to some janky encounters. Again though it definitely seems much more alleviated in the later chapters.

Its kind of a odd problem to have in UC3 being that I thought they nailed the aiming and combat for UC2. Introducing the melee system must have really tweaked things.

meppi

BruiserBear said:
Can anyone who has played the previous games give some impressions on the difficulty level? I've traditionally played the previous games on Normal first, and then Hard, but this time I'm considering Hard from the beginning.
I would say that the difficulty setting in U3 on normal is just about the same as in U2, so playing on hard from the start might be a good idea.

Just finished the game myself actually.
Did it in just 2 sittings. :)
Yesterday I got up to chapter 16, and today I did the remaining ones.
Love the game to pieces, even though the aiming could certainly use some attention next time around.
When all is said and done it's one of the standout games of the generation without a doubt.
The only thing it's missing is the level of impact U2 had on me, but then again it's only normal since it's so close to the prequel, although somehow even more polished.
Didn't play U1 until after U2, so U2 certainly had a huge wow factor.

Thanks to U3's masterful set-pieces, it certainly doesn't disappoint though.
Some of those are just insane.
Really hoping that for U4 Naughty Dog decides to go with a Far East setting. :)
Would love to see China or Japan as a focal point next time.

And like others have said, due to the game being this detailed and breathtaking, people are starting to glamor on minuscule things that certainly don't detract from the overall experience, unless you let you cynical side take over and ruin the game for you.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
The
chase scene
in chapter 2 took me literally about 40 tries, my gaming skills are getting sloppy. But it was excellent.

Gvaz

Banned
Liquidsnake said:
Am I crazy? When I force the game to upscale to 1080p, it looks a lot better than the native 720p.

I swear I have gone back and forth, and its not even close. Anyone else? If I am wrong let me know that my eyes are deceiving me.
1080p always looks better than 720p imo. It depends on your monitor.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Yeah I swear its better for some reason later on in the game but that could just be because you get used to it by then. I went back and played some UC2 just to see if I was being crazy and its definitely a big difference. The only problem I have with the game is the Melee being so heavy handed. It doesn't really work all that smooth in the shooting sections either as it splits the ai mentality into some weird rush to force you into melee but also seek cover which leads to some janky encounters. Again though it definitely seems much more alleviated in the later chapters.

Its kind of a odd problem to have in UC3 being that I thought they nailed the aiming and combat for UC2. Introducing the melee system must have really tweaked things.

FUCK

I hope they get on this aiming thing quick, because now it's being mentioned far too much to just be the thoughts of a single person.

Also, how did reviews not notice this at all? Unless this is a retail only bug?

Anyone work for Naughty Dog here? I found a bug and fell through a wall to my death.

Here it is:

In Syria when you fight with Charlie, he pushed me back against the wall closest to where you first come into the room. Instead of landing against the wall the camera ended up behind the level and eventually Drake fell through the wall and fell to his death.

Please fix.

Also, aiming is janked in this game.

Finally......it is MINE!!! R3 steelbook edition...

DSC01478.jpg

Well it seems amazon has sent me a pre order code for the Carpet Bomb Kickback, Clip Size Mod for Para 9, and Clip Size Mod for G-MAL.

I can't use it as I don't have UC3 canceled my pre-order so first to pm me gets the code.

edit:gone

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
iamvin22 said:
So should i be selecting 7.1 LPCM, DTS or DD for audio? Also whats everyone selecting as their center channel option?
PCM is better than everything. If you have set it to automatic (PS3 audio setting), then your receiver should show PCM.

BradleyUK said:
I loved playing young nathan, it was very fun indeed.

One of the best surprises. Prior to my playthrough last night, I decided to replay that chapter - mostly to get all the treasures and a specific trophy. But it was a nice touch.
I love how when climbing things with him, he slips and stumbles. It's a great detail in showing that obviously it took Nate years to get good at climbing.

FHIZ

stupid question, is there any reason to enter the starhawk beta code now? I should just hold on to it, right?

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Meisadragon said:
PCM is better than everything. If you have set it to automatic (PS3 audio setting), then your receiver should show PCM.

I have my PS3 set to bitstream but i will change that to PCM once i get home. Thanks

iNvid02

just picked up a gun in SP (at about chapter 5) and yup, what the fuck happened.
bumped sensitivity to max and nothing, feels completely different to mp aiming

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
What is the Best Buy pre-order code for?

Just got an email giving my code, but it doesn't tell me what it is, and my PS3 is in storage so I can't check.

iNvidious01 said:
just picked up a gun in SP (at about chapter 5) and yup, what the fuck happened.
bumped sensitivity to max and nothing, feels completely different to mp aiming
Oh God. This sucks. I want to experience the game as it was intended, and a patch for something like this is almost like the game being delayed a week.

:lol @ pic

Uggghhhh...I need get out of this thread. Making my wait to play so much longer...

Brandon F said:

Just got an email giving my code, but it doesn't tell me what it is, and my PS3 is in storage so I can't check.

Early access Regeneration Booster.

grendelrt

iamvin22 said:
I have my PS3 set to bitstream but i will change that to PCM once i get home. Thanks

Your amp is using HDMI for audio right? If you are using Optical leave it bitstream. LPCM, DD HD, and DTS Master are only HDMI audio only. Optical can support PCM but its only 2 channels, so bitsteam is your only 5.1 solution if you are using optical to the amp for sound.

iNvid02

Brandon F said:

probably for mp stuff, like a mod for ak47 and a few kickbacks

RDreamer

I'm pretty relieved other people are saying things about the aiming too. I thought I might be crazy or something. As I said before, I preferred the aiming and everything in 1, for the most part, but if they had stuck with 2's feel then I'd be completely and utterly fine with that. This is just kind of janky somehow, though.

RDreamer said:
I'm pretty relieved other people are saying things about the aiming too. I thought I might be crazy or something. As I said before, I preferred the aiming and everything in 1, for the most part, but if they had stuck with 2's feel then I'd be completely and utterly fine with that. This is just kind of janky somehow, though.

Just turn up sensitivity a bit. Felt exactly the same as U2 when I did that.

Top Bottom