• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: the single-player aiming problems thread [Details in Op, Please Read]

Status
Not open for further replies.

linzin

Neo Member
JumpingTheGun said:
...or maybe you all could just get better at the game and quit bitching. jesus christ.

Yeah, when loads of people notice that the controls feel bad, it's clearly just because all those pansy asses suck at the game.

ever think that it might not be the game, it might just be you? Does that occur to anyone here? Maybe yourskills are rusty. Maybe your] coordination is off today. I finished the game already and I had zero issues with aiming and I had the sensitivity turned way further down then what all of you are doing.

Grow some fucking balls and just adapt to controls.

Satchel

Banned
Mama Robotnik said:
(1) You are saying that about two-thirds of the contributors of this thread are collectively hallucinating a consistently-described problem.

(2) You are saying this having not actually played the game.
Like I said, the aiming was never great in the first two games, so I wonder whether it's ACTUALLY broken, or just not what people were expecting.

Didn't Arne say they booted up UC2 code and it was basically the same?

Ra1den

JumpingTheGun said:
...or maybe you all could just get better at the game and quit bitching. jesus christ.

It has nothing to do with being good or not. The controls in single player are fucking ass compared to those in multiplayer, why should this not be fixed? I'm getting sick of these dumbass comments.

linzin

Neo Member
Mama Robotnik said:
(1) You are saying that about two-thirds of the contributors of this thread are collectively hallucinating a consistently-described problem.

(2) You are saying this having not actually played the game.

(1) Must be the water.

Ra1den said:
It has nothing to do with being good or not. The controls in single player are fucking ass compared to those in multiplayer, why should this not be fixed? I'm getting sick of these dumbass comments.

i see no difference. youre bitching just to bitch.

Aeonin

jett said:
Whatever aiming quirks there are in single-player they're done on purpose.

I kind of thought that as well. Like they wanted the midlong-range shooting to be non-existent so that enemies can brush off your bullets and run in for some fist fighting action.

Anteater

JumpingTheGun said:
ever think that it might not be the game, it might just be you[/B? Does that occur to anyone here? Maybe yourskills are rusty. Maybe your] coordination is off today. I finished the game already and I had zero issues with aiming and I had the sensitivity turned way further down then what all of you are doing.

If you don't notice a single problem with the input, why does this thread matter to you? If they improve the aiming and fix whatever quirks there is that people are experiencing, everybody wins, and everyone will be able to enjoy the game, and you won't notice a difference, nothing wrong with that.

also I think the point is to have ND investigate the issue.

Aeonin said:
I kind of thought that as well. Like they wanted the midlong-range shooting to be non-existent so that enemies can brush off your bullets and run in for some fist fighting action.

you think way too much.

Anteater said:
If you don't notice a single problem with the input, why does this thread matter to you? If they improve the aiming and fix whatever quirks there is that people are experiencing, everybody wins, and everyone will be able to enjoy the game, and you won't notice a difference, nothing wrong with that.

also I think the point is to have ND investigate the issue.

because i enjoy seeing what others are crying about, especially when it isnt the games problem

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
jett said:
Uncharted 3 has always had triple buffering. There are no aiming problems in multiplayer. Whatever aiming quirks there are in single-player they're done on purpose.

And are you fucking crazy? FUCK screen tearing.

If there are no aiming problems in MP then there must some graphical effect or buffering effecting it in some way in SP, this doesn't make sense, have ND confirmed that the controls are tweaked differently for MP?

jett

D-Member
Aeonin said:
Although the AI is pretty stupid, I've had no problems aiming at long distance. I guess I just have magic fingers.

When people are rationally, calmly discussing a consistent problem with the aiming in an orderly manner, construction is already underway for the Hall of Fame, mk2:

tigerin said:
A thread for this?! Seriously?!
JumpingTheGun said:
youre bitching just to bitch.
Americanmushroom said:
lol just adjust sensitivty
Satchel said:
You sure some of you aren't just imagining things?

I haven't bought the 3rd yet
JumpingTheGun said:
Live Free or Die said:
Maybe try sucking less?
JumpingTheGun said:

The concluding argument is apparently that every person enduring a problem with aiming has a thread-spawning attention deficit, has the game settings incorrectly configured, is sharing some consistent group hallucination, or simply "sucks". Problem solved, well done gentlemen.

Bollocks

TheExodu5 said:
Wow...just played the game for a few hours. The aiming really is quite awful. There's no way Uncharted 2 squared off the aiming this much. There's like 45 degrees in the cardinal direction where diagonals are completely ignored. Awful. I really hope there isn't much shooting in the game, because this is unbearable.
You better prepare yourself for some rage later on in the game, shit's going down everywhere and you can't hit shit. It gets worse as the game progresses to the point where I didn't even enjoy it anymore because of the aiming. I mean it looks great and all but the fun wasn't really there compared to U2.

I just beat the game, note to the dev's if there is a grenade incoming and I'm behind a wooden panel and I want to roll to safety I don't want to take cover at the pillar right next to it (even more so if I already press the analog stick in the opposite direction) ._.
Also it would be nice to hear enemy footsteps, I died too many times because someone sneaked up to me and shotgunned me from 1ft away :/

Himself

JumpingTheGun said:
ever think that it might not be the game, it might just be you? Does that occur to anyone here? Maybe yourskills are rusty. Maybe your] coordination is off today. I finished the game already and I had zero issues with aiming and I had the sensitivity turned way further down then what all of you are doing.

I think you're jumping the gun here. In a genre as saturated as the third-person shooter, it's easy enough to compare it to any of the others you've played. So if I can kill it in Vanquish, but struggle with Uncharted because I think the shooting/controls/gunplay/whatever stinks, I think that's a valid conclusion.

Mama Robotnik said:
When people are rationally, calmly discussing a consistent problem with the controls in an orderly manner, construction is already underway for the Hall of Fame, mk2:

The concluding argument is apparently that every person enduring a problem with aiming has the game settings incorect, is sharing some consistent group hallucination, or simply "sucks". Problem solved, well done gentlemen.

get a life dude.

Ra1den

JumpingTheGun said:
i see no difference. youre bitching just to bitch.

Your not paying close enough attention then. I noticed the problem the FIRST time I aimed my weapon. Many others in here have said the EXACT same thing. But this is all just because it's so fun to invent imaginary problems in games we've been hyped to hell for. Right.

I was defending ND's game design philosophies with the whole linearity debacle like my life depended on it( because I honestly believe it)...I am NOT trying to imagine faults with this series. But I cannot ignore such a horrendous downgrade in the controls from the near perfection that was Uncharted 2.

JaxJag

Banned
Always-honest said:

The controls make the combat flatout unenjoyable.

JumpingTheGun said:
coming from someone with a Homefront avatar.

i dont think NDs stock will drop after this one.

I just like the box art, wasn't a fan of Homefront's campaign.

With that being said, at least it controlled well. Something you absolutely can not say about Uncharted 3.

Is there way to get some kind of moderation to keep the aggressive "you suck, just get better" comments out of this thread? It ruins the discourse and DOES make this start looking like one of the review threads. It's not meant to be that. It's supposed to be calm and rational and mostly is.

"I don't get the problem" is fine of course. "Haha, you suck" and "crybaby" is not.

Himself said:
I think you're jumping the gun here. In a genre as saturated as the third-person shooter, it's easy enough to compare it to any of the others you've played. So if I can kill it in Vanquish, but struggle with Uncharted because I think the shooting/controls/gunplay/whatever stinks, I think that's a valid conclusion.

Vanquish is in a completely different class and level of its own in terms of a third person shooter. comparing Vanquish to Uncharted is unfair as fuck.

However I WILL say Vanquish and UC3 are the best TPS this gen in my opinion

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sigh...

At least the point has been made. ND are no doubt aware of the issue, so let's hope a patch rolls out soon.

Hazanko

Banned
RedRedSuit said:
Is there way to get some kind of moderation to keep the aggressive "you suck, just get better" comments out of this thread? It ruins the discourse and DOES make this start looking like one of the review threads. It's not meant to be that. It's supposed to be calm and rational and mostly is.

"I don't get the problem" is fine of course. "Haha, you suck" and "crybaby" is not.

Yeah that jumpingthegun guy is annoying me lol.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I thought maybe it was just me. Good to know it's a genuine issue. As veteran of the series, I was surprised at how "off" it felt. Loving the game so far, but i'll play around with the sensitivity when I get home.

Snuggler said:
Sigh...

At least the point has been made. ND are no doubt aware of the issue, so let's hope a patch rolls out soon.

If there is an issue, i'm sure they will.
Kinda glad i still got Batman to finish first :p

watershed

Banned
I played a couple hours of 2 player split screen yesterday and definitely noticed something off with the aiming as well. I would describe it as similar to what the OP says. It seemed like there was a noticable dead zone or some kind of lag like it wasn't registering my aiming as accurately as UC2. I just ended up meleeing a lot until those mini-boss guys showed up. I haven't played single player yet but it looks like the issue is there as well. Hope it gets fixed.

Ra1den

upJTboogie said:
JumpingTheGuns posts are killing me.

Yeah really. Because he cannot notice the problem, obviously every person complaining about it must be imagining it/complaining for the "fun" of it.

Huggy

I'm currently playing on Hard, and the assisting is still there. I might put it away until it's patched. I loved the Crushing runs in previous titles, but this will annoy the living daylights out of me.

I love it when an enemy is running off screen, you follow him with your crosshair only to have it slow down when you come close, lose your aim, get bumrushed by the same guy forcing me to have a fucking brawl while twenty goons are shooting at me.

Saints Row 2 had the same shit, can't believe developers take camera control away from you for some "precision" aiming. The best aiming assist as of today is found in Just Cause 2, a travelling auto aiming cursor for body shots only.
Anyway, none of that stuff in my Uncharted please.

Aeonin

jett said:
Although the AI is pretty stupid, I've had no problems aiming at long distance. I guess I just have magic fingers.

Strange question, but did you see or use the AK in SP at all? It was completely missing from my game.

yeah something sure is different with the aiming.

Not saying its bad or anything but something has been changed between 2 to 3.

Maybe I will adapt to it with time.

Ra1den said:
Yeah really. Because he cannot notice the problem, obviously every person complaining about it must be imagining it/complaining for the "fun" of it.

I really didnt notice a problem. I have the sensitivity about 6 or 7 notches above zero and everythings been solid at distance shots.. Close ups I always use melee, unless I have a shotty or Mag 5.

highrider

Banned
JumpingTheGun said:

what are you, the billy badass of aiming controls? i haven't had an issue with the aiming but clearly a lot of people are. your posts are pointless and contribute nothing. unless you are just trying to boost up your own self esteem, in which case, have at it i guess.

JumpingTheGun said:
because i enjoy seeing what others are crying about, especially when it isnt the games problem

Did you ever stop to think that, perhaps, this is a bug that doesn't affect all players? You may not be experiencing the same thing we are. To write off everyone else's complaints simply because you did not experience the broken aiming yourself is foolish.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
TheExodu5 said:
Input lag really isn't the issue here. The square off aiming and, to a lesser extent, the auto-aiming are the issues at hand.
I guess I jumped the gun too fast on blaming input lag more time playing the game, but yeah the aiming is still off. I assumed since the game uses triple buffering that, that would be a cause for the weird acceleration when aiming.

Hazanko

Banned
Aeonin said:
Strange question, but did you see or use the AK in SP at all? It was completely missing from my game.

I know you were asking Jett but I've seen the AK lots of times in SP.

Kjellson

Holy shit. I was playing Uncharted 3 today (great game btw) and I was thinking "I really suck at this game". I was also replaying the first one a couple of days ago and I didn't have any problems then. I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble with the aiming.

TheExodu5

Banned
Just tried multiplayer. The aiming is not nearly as squared off there. It is still squared off somewhat, but the diagonal deadzone is more around +- 10 degrees instead of 25.

JaxJag

Banned
Schwowsers said:
Did you ever stop to think that, perhaps, this is a bug that doesn't affect all players? You may not be experiencing the same thing we are. To write off everyone else's complaints simply because you did not experience the broken aiming yourself is foolish.

Sometimes when someone is a fan of something, their love of the product just blinds them to anything negative towards said product.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
TheExodu5 said:
Just tried multiplayer. The aiming is not nearly as squared off there.

I want to know is if that is intentional or not, if not then something in SP is effecting the controls.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
jett said:
Uncharted 3 has always had triple buffering. There are no aiming problems in multiplayer. Whatever aiming quirks there are in single-player they're done on purpose.

And are you fucking crazy? FUCK screen tearing.
Ey I hate screen tearing too, but kind off topic screen tearing > input lag IMO if I had to pick.

Toski

I went between this and Gears 3 to make sure it wasn't me and its nice to know I'm not the only one. I wonder why they squared off aiming like this in the SP (if they in fact did), and why it doesn't show up in MP.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Just a +1 for "WHY WON'T YOU LET ME AIM DIAGONALLY FUUUUCK"

Ra1den

Regarding the various Vanquish comments, I think those are inappropriate here. Why? Because ND already got the aiming down fine in U2, and all that is needed is for them to get rid of this new stuff they introduced into U3. That's the most annoying thing about this whole affair. It's not like we are just randomly saying "We want aiming as good as Vanquish" or something like that.

We just want you to UNDO (or allow us the option to toggle off) whatever you did to the aiming in single player U3.

TheExodu5

Banned
JumpingTheGun said:
Its moments like this that really make me fucking love NeoGAF. Thanks for the support guys. Merry Fucking Christmas.
I'm not sure what kind of reaction you expected with your childish posts.

Four Wude

Unconfirmed Member
Yes ND, please fix this. The current aiming system is okay for general shooting, but precision shots might as well be thrown out of the window. Go back to the UC2 aiming system. Noticed this the minute I started the game.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom