• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, can you only unlock more characters with real money?

But we love carrots though.

You're right. Most of us really do. It's the same "fix" that that sugar/nicotine/any-other-dopamine-producing-thing gives us and our brains crave it.

Therefore, i encourage all of you that are addicted to gaming-carrots to seek rehabilitation immediately.

;P totally kidding

EDIT: Beaten above. Do the thing get the reward. Do the thing again over and over and....

Revven

There's an invisible glitch out there, watch out folks

It's the dead body glitch which was present in UC2 multiplayer. It happens when someone dies to someone who is likely extremely laggy/has a bad connection with. They die on the laggy guy's screen and the game sort of "loses" track of that player -- their body never disappears because they didn't actually die and thus they are playing the game like normal. That is, until they realize the dead body glitch happened to them annnnd then they take advantage of it.

It can't be controlled or done on purpose. It just happens. So you can't "watch out" for it, other than being aware it can happen and so when you die to someone who is invisible they are likely under the dead body glitch.

One way to fix it is to try and find the dead body and shoot it until it "dies". This only worked some of the time in Uncharted 2 Multiplayer and I'm in fact unsure if it will actually work in this game's MP. But if it's anything similar to how the glitch occurred in UC2 MP then chances are this can work. Basically, if you can find the dead body and shoot it then it will actually "kill" the invisible player and he will actually respawn anew again and no longer be invisible to other players.

At least, again, that's how it sometimes worked in UC2 MP. I say sometimes because you simply might not be able to find the dead body or even if you try to shoot it it won't kill the player. At that point, it's too late and you have to just deal with the dead bodied player.

I don't remember if they ever actually fixed it in Uncharted 2 MP. I think it was said to be fixed but in reality it was just fixed so it happened less. Not that they actually had a % chance for it to happen, just that they didn't fix all the cases it could happen in and as a result it could still happen, just not as much as before.

Let's hope they become aware of it much sooner and fix it completely asap.

It's the dead body glitch which was present in UC2 multiplayer. It happens when someone dies to someone who is likely extremely laggy/has a bad connection with. They die on the laggy guy's screen and the game sort of "loses" track of that player -- their body never disappears because they didn't actually die and thus they are playing the game like normal. That is, until they realize the dead body glitch happened to them annnnd then they take advantage of it.

It can't be controlled or done on purpose. It just happens. So you can't "watch out" for it, other than being aware it can happen and so when you die to someone who is invisible they are likely under the dead body glitch.

One way to fix it is to try and find the dead body and shoot it until it "dies". This only worked some of the time in Uncharted 2 Multiplayer and I'm in fact unsure if it will actually work in this game's MP. But if it's anything similar to how the glitch occurred in UC2 MP then chances are this can work. Basically, if you can find the dead body and shoot it then it will actually "kill" the invisible player and he will actually respawn anew again and no longer be invisible to other players.

At least, again, that's how it sometimes worked in UC2 MP. I say sometimes because you simply might not be able to find the dead body or even if you try to shoot it it won't kill the player. At that point, it's too late and you have to just deal with the dead bodied player.

I don't remember if they ever actually fixed it in Uncharted 2 MP. I think it was said to be fixed but in reality it was just fixed so it happened less. Not that they actually had a % chance for it to happen, just that they didn't fix all the cases it could happen in and as a result it could still happen, just not as much as before.

Let's hope they become aware of it much sooner and fix it completely asap.

hmm interesting. In this mp whenever you get shot it zooms in on the player who shot you so i always zoomed in on his dead body. I'll give it a go next time i see it.

Thank god you cant do it on purpose.

Also i gave the mettler another chance and my god was i wrong, if you can land all your shots you can outgun almost anything, even up close.

Revven

hmm interesting. In this mp whenever you get shot it zooms in on the player who shot you so i always zoomed in on his dead body. I'll give it a go next time i see it.

Yeah that's how it was in UC2. It would show you where the player was and you could tell (usually) if they were in the dead body glitch as it'd show where their name tag was and if it was completely still then you knew they were dead bodied. So, then, all you do is locate the body, shoot it up, and hope the player "dies". You'll know they've died if you get a kill or if the dead body disappears. Or, well, if your bullets are even "hitting" the body. If they do hit like he's alive then you might be able to kill him and make him actually respawn properly.

Sometimes you could even melee the dead body in UC2, if I remember correctly. God, there's so many things I remember about that glitch and it's hilarious that it's seeped its way into UC4 despite the fact it never occurred in the beta (or if it did, it was really rare). Obviously not a good thing but I just find it funny it still managed to creep its way back, despite not being a thing in TLOU or really UC3.

SDR-UK

Yeah that's how it was in UC2. It would show you where the player was and you could tell (usually) if they were in the dead body glitch as it'd show where their name tag was and if it was completely still then you knew they were dead bodied. So, then, all you do is locate the body, shoot it up, and hope the player "dies". You'll know they've died if you get a kill or if the dead body disappears. Or, well, if your bullets are even "hitting" the body. If they do hit like he's alive then you might be able to kill him and make him actually respawn properly.

Sometimes you could even melee the dead body in UC2, if I remember correctly. God, there's so many things I remember about that glitch and it's hilarious that it's seeped its way into UC4 despite the fact it never occurred in the beta (or if it did, it was really rare). Obviously not a good thing but I just find it funny it still managed to creep its way back, despite not being a thing in TLOU or really UC3.

DBG was totally a thing in Uncharted 3 and TLOU. You had to go and grenade the actual dead body on the map where they supposedly died.

It's a feature at this point.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That feel when you're top of your team and lose because you have a guy playing with his feet on your team :(

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
this game can be tense, last night played a game of command and my team was sucking it up, half way through we pull our shit together I was still sure we would lose though. They only needed 5 more points however we managed to capture and hold all objectives for 1:30 and come back to win. Gat Dayum

Anyone kind of disappointed they got rid of the rank system completely?

Yeah absolutely. I really dislike this new way of unlocking shit. Before you could be doing other things, like captures or helping team mates and building up your ranks to unlock better weapons. Now it's purely based on how many kills you get. So dumb. It's been my only real disappointment with the multiplayer so far.

I think this set up is pretty much the best way to implement MTs if you're gonna do it. I already got Chloe in one of my chests so I already feel like a winner.

aravuus

Hmm, rolling feels a bit inconsistent at times. Sometimes you take cover, sometimes you roll, rolling from cover is wonky.

I'm still loving it, but there have been some frustrating deaths due to this.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So how does ranked work? Is a loss a loss or is your performance factored in? So if you're ahead but miles but your team are awful will you lose less rank? And if the game favours your team do you lose more for losing?

Revven

DBG was totally a thing in Uncharted 3 and TLOU. You had to go and grenade the actual dead body on the map where they supposedly died.

It's a feature at this point.

Huh, never ran into it in TLOU. I can't remember many instances of it in UC3 but it might have happened within the first few weeks of launch but I don't remember it after that point.

So how does ranked work? Is a loss a loss or is your performance factored in? So if you're ahead but miles but your team are awful will you lose less rank? And if the game favours your team do you lose more for losing?
If you lose the round, you get negative points, more depending on your performance.
If you win the round, the points you get are based on your performance. I was MVP and got like +40 points. In another round win I was 4th or 3rd and got +20 points.
For qualifications, you don't accomplish it you go back to your previous rank. On your new Rank if you keep loosing and get pass 0 you get a chance to avoid losing the rank. But ifyou keep loosing you go back.
More info: http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/all_about_ranked_tdm_in_uncharted_4_multiplayer/

hRbZNtX.jpg

AKyemeni

Hello Community,

1.02.012 is now LIVE! Below are the patch notes for what we updated

• Fixes rank point bug where players were incorrectly getting penalized for both win/loss
  • Fix to challenge reward popup repeating after each game
  • Reduced number of warm-up matches required to 1
  • Fix for several Hero Weapons costing 1 loadout point to many
  • Rank widget now appears when Rank Team Deathmatch is selected in Find Match
  • Changes the max placeable rank from Gold I -> Gold III
  • Added Leaderboards menu item to matchmaking page so players can check out their leaderboard stats while in matchmaking

Please continue to report any issue you have so we can address them in a timely manner. http://feedback.naughtydog.com/

Enjoy your games!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-4-A-Thief-s-End/1-02-012-is-now-LIVE/m-p/45762458#U45762458

aravuus

Thank god I can now check out my leaderboards any time.

Oh yeah, except that the leaderboard claims I've been playing the game for almost 20 hours already, so according to it my SPM is something like... 10. Doubt any of the other information is very legit either.

Why the fuck is there no statistics screen. Dang it ND, you've got detailed stats with SP, why not MP?!

After playing this and Overwatch I have discovered I don't get frustrated with multiplayer games that don't focus on leveling up and k/d. Heck after a match it defaults to points not k/d. Thought getting in game currency would end up being a grind but it's really not bad at all.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
After playing this and Overwatch I have discovered I don't get frustrated with multiplayer games that don't focus on leveling up and k/d. Heck after a match it defaults to points not k/d. Thought getting in game currency would end up being a grind but it's really not bad at all.

Absolutely agree. Hope more games follow suit.

24hr

Why do people insist on playing objective game modes yet don't play for the objective?! It's 2016 and we still have this problem ffs

Only get one new challenge to complete a day honestly feels like a mistake. Three should be standard.

The vanity chests aren't too expensive, but if I only get one 250 relic challenge a day + 10 more per win, that seems too slow. Because there is SO much to unlock. I also am not sure why they took out finding relics on the map during gameplay.

There is a fine line between annoying grind and longevity. With so much to unlock this just seems a little bit on the wrong side of that line.

Only get one new challenge to complete a day honestly feels like a mistake. Three should be standard.

The vanity chests aren't too expensive, but if I only get one 250 relic challenge a day + 10 more per win, that seems too slow. Because there is SO much to unlock. I also am not sure why they took out finding relics on the map during gameplay.

There is a fine line between annoying grind and longevity. With so much to unlock this just seems a little bit on the wrong side of that line.
I think as the goes on there will be more ways to earn relics. It's not so bad but I could see it getting bad later down the line if they don't add more ways to get it when even more content and update stuff drops.

Huh, I assumed all challenges reset. That's frustrating.

If you're not playing the app for relics, it's going to take an eternity to unlock most of this stuff. One challenge a day and only 10 points per match aren't enough. The game has a ton of content.

If you're not playing the app for relics, it's going to take an eternity to unlock most of this stuff. One challenge a day and only 10 points per match aren't enough. The game has a ton of content.

App doesn't work for me, keeps crashing. But even then it's bogus to even think we should have to rely on playing it just to get decent relics.

One challenge is definitely not enough per day, and if you're on the losing team you get nothing. They shouldn't allow parties, or have no party lobbies.

But most of it is cosmetic. What's the big deal?

It's also clear that they want you to straight up buy it if you're unwilling to wait

The rate seems fine to me

You get one challenge in a game like Hearthstone too, worth from 40-60 gold. A new pack of cards is 100 gold

250 lets you get one vanity chest and leaves you with enough to get another one from a few games

But most of it is cosmetic. What's the big deal?

It's also clear that they want you to straight up buy it if you're unwilling to wait

The rate seems fine to me

You get one challenge in a game like Hearthstone too, worth from 40-60 gold. A new pack of cards is 100 gold

250 lets you get one vanity chest and leaves you with enough to get another one from a few games

It's not a big deal. I LOVE the multiplayer.

But with no rank system the progression in the game is basically all connected to these cosmetic items. So that's my goal. And they make it a little too grindy imo. That's all.

Also, I love being able to customize my characters.

Ardenyal

Thank god I can now check out my leaderboards any time.

Oh yeah, except that the leaderboard claims I've been playing the game for almost 20 hours already, so according to it my SPM is something like... 10. Doubt any of the other information is very legit either.

Why the fuck is there no statistics screen. Dang it ND, you've got detailed stats with SP, why not MP?!

Mine went from three hours played to 20+ in a single match. Also I've only played one ranked match and it claims 1.1 hours played for that playlist. That's one long match.

So the dead body glitch has been around for multiple games? I ran into it yesterday not knowing what it is :/

Here's how it looks for those wondering:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kqsXzTxlkk

It's not a big deal. I LOVE the multiplayer.

But with no rank system the progression in the game is basically all connected to these cosmetic items. So that's my goal. And they make it a little too grindy imo. That's all.

Also, I love being able to customize my characters.

You have to grind unlocks like mods

I think it's fine so long as they make money and can bring us free stuff like more cosmetics and maps.

People are actually spending a lot of money for it lol

Oh my god plunder

Game was tied 1-1 for the longest time, then enemy scored
With less than 1 min, I had the idol going IN the chest but was downed. Insant revived, and tried again, only to die to a combo of el dorado and bullets

So fun

Just got the app. Are these coins directly related to uncharted points? Or is it all about opening chests?
Getting the keys is the most important part so you can open chests so you can get relic points. Relic points are what you use in Uncharted 4 to get characters, skins and other stuff.
Not all chests have relic points though. Some will have gold for the app game or boosters for Uncharted 4.

Just got the app. Are these coins directly related to uncharted points? Or is it all about opening chests?

The most efficient way to get coins in that game is to save up for the pirate outfit (15,000 gold), dont use your orbs for puzzles, just cash in 10 for 7500.

The only stuff that transfers to the game are relic points and boosters from the Loot chests in that game you open with keys. The coins in the app are for costumes and speeding up the chest if you dont want to wait.

I personally followed a walkthrough on YouTube to get everything after finishing the 2nd treasure

Thanks guys.

So just to be clear. The coins are only good for opening chests or buying skins for this app? The only way you get anything to use in UC4 is opening chests, and the only way to open a chest is by getting a key by actually playing the game?

Is getting more coins per level really worth spending a lump sum of 15000 coins?

Edit: yea these questions were definitely answered. I just really don't want to play this app any more than I have too. For some reason I thought it'd be easier to unlock stuff. Haha

Top Bottom