• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

As someone who stuck with the AK with all of UC2 and UC3 MP i love hearing these salty posts about how great it is now. People it was awesome in the beta too but people where to busy using the mettler to care. Its always been a great all purpose gun IMO.

As someone who stuck with the AK with all of UC2 and UC3 MP i love hearing these salty posts about how great it is now. People it was awesome in the beta too but people where to busy using the mettler to care. Its always been a great all purpose gun IMO.

People aren't salty they're just saying there is little to no reason to ever switch from the AK and that leads to a boring weapon set. The weapons just need some further balance work.

SDR-UK

The real question that needs to be asked is why is Spotify disabled during matches in multiplayer? This was never an issue in the beta nor the stress test.

Puzzling decision.

I mean I like the score of Uncharted 4 but I also like Spotify and you can balance it enough that you can hear the dialogue as well as the effects, so it's just weird that it's not an option here.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Ak plus hip fire accuracy=
giphy.gif

Ducktail

Ive noticed a few tweaks compared to the beta.

Mettler is nerfed big time.

I noticed that too. I was actually pretty decent with it during the beta, but now it's harder to down enemies.

I'm enjoying the game so far, though there have been plenty of times the game just lag freezes and then resumes later. And i'm playing wired. That didn't happen ONCE during the beta.

Chinner

Banned
Feels like they've nerfed the mettler - it's much harder to use now. I've gone to using the FAL as its more manageable.

Got my blindfire class set up finally. Fuck you Naughty Dog, you can't stop the run and gun forever.

Edit: Awesome little detail. If you're wearing the female ballistic mask when your character speaks it actually sounds like they are wearing a mask.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Gotta say, it is really cool to see the old characters rendered in these amazing graphics.

Can I modify those personalized guns with different modifiers?

No, you're stuck with the two modifiers they give you. The upside is that you get two modifiers. If you want two specific modifiers, you have to get a certain Hero gun (assuming a hero gun has those two mods)

Uncharted Forums are getting kinda salty about not having a level up system, personally I think it's fine with out it, probably a step in the right direction.

xRaizen

Uncharted Forums are getting kinda salty about not having a level up system, personally I think it's fine with out it, probably a step in the right direction.
There is no reason not to have a level up system. It gives a lot of players goals to go for.

I don't see any negatives to a leveling system. They can keep the loadout progression as it is and not tie it to a level system very easily. They could have also made it so you get 50 relics for every level up as a bonus.

There is no reason not to have a level up system. It gives a lot of players goals to go for.

I don't see any negatives to a leveling system. They can keep the loadout progression as it is and not tie it to a level system very easily. They could have also made it so you get 50 relics for every level up as a bonus.
I don't know why they took it out, but I think there was a huge problem in U3 and TLOU where low level players would just drop out of a match when they had to play against high level players. I think not having a level up system makes it more equal. Probably bad matchmaking on NDs part but I think now in U4 it is something that will happen less often.

aravuus

Yeah, a level up system with relics or maybe random vanity items as level up rewards would have been great.

I mean, call me whatever you want for thinking this, but it's nice to get level ups even if they were relatively minor. I like watching bars fill, goddamn it!

Plumpman

Lack of diversity in characters and unlocks is already doing me in,
Game really needs more special stuff to spice it up,

Uncharted 2 at least added the PlayStation characters, and had stuff like the skeletons.
Uncharted 3 had custom characters and the doughnut skins.

The sidekicks look cooler than half the villains.

I want my man Karl Schäfer to be added in the future. How can he be missing!

xRaizen

I don't know why they took it out, but I think there was a huge problem in U3 and TLOU where low level players would just drop out of a match when they had to play against high level players. I think not having a level up system makes it more equal. Probably bad matchmaking on NDs part but I think now in U4 it is something that will happen less often.
TLOU had a pretty fucked up leveling system though.

U3's was your standard CoD style system complete with presti- I mean legacy mode. People in CoD don't drop out when they go against high prestige players, so it won't be a problem here.

People sometimes quit early (if there is no penalty to de-rank) if they're losing... they will sometimes play differently and completely ignore objectives to keep their kills and rank up (gaining much more XP for kills then caps etc.)... people will also leave lobbies when they see people that are, in their opinion, too high compared to them (some quit until they're the highest in the lobby etc.)...

I just dont see a need for visible ranks at all. Play the game, play the objective and keep playing it because you enjoy doing so not because you need that carrot to keep going. (not directed to you just people in general).

ronco2000

People sometimes quit early (if there is no penalty to de-rank) if they're losing... they will sometimes play differently and completely ignore objectives to keep their kills and rank up (gaining much more XP for kills then caps etc.)... people will also leave lobbies when they see people that are, in their opinion, too high compared to them (some quit until they're the highest in the lobby etc.)...

I just dont see a need for visible ranks at all. Play the game, play the objective and keep playing it because you enjoy doing so not because you need that carrot to keep going. (not directed to you just people in general).

But we love carrots though.

Top Bottom