• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Surprised by how much I enjoy the MP. Loved TLOU MP but hated all forms of U4's MP Betas. I played a few rounds last night since I was limited on time and didn't want to get hooked into SP for the night(wouldn't be able to stop playing).

Can't wait to get home from work, play a little SP, and then get in some MP.

Added my name to the list.

Seik

Banned
Tried the game for the first time yesterday, went all the way to chapter 8.

I can't believe how good this game looks, in-game cutscenes look like CG and the game runs incredibly well. Story is top notch as well, this game is worth every penny.

Almost all gameplay unlocks work in a similar fashoin.

You use the weapon type, Main weapon or sidearm, mysticals in general, sidekicks in general and gear in general.

The more you use it, the more new stuff it unlocks.

The more you use a specific type of weapon or gear or mystical, the more modifications you unlock for that particular weapon/gear/mystical.

Basically, the more you use it, the more unlocks you get.

Is there a way I can skip this process by buying the one I want? Since I will have free in game currency.

Maybe it's just me, but the leaderboards are pretty awful.
They do not track time played properly (claiming I have played for 20 hours) and therefore, the score per minute factor is broken, as it distributes your score over a playtime that isn't consistent with your actual game time.

Beyond that, the score per minute isn't a relevant metric in determining the quality of a player across all modes. You can have a high score per minute, but have that mean absolutely nothing in Team Deathmatch. So what's the point in measuring players by an irrelevant statistic?

KO Down Death Ratio doesn't mean anything if your KDDR is inflated by downs that aren't claimed either. It just doesn't make sense. I'm not sure if this system has been developed to make everyone feel good by rewarding everyone for a bit of everything, but ultimately even if that is the agenda it just doesn't work, it flat out doesn't make sense.

Also, why did they remove the ranking system? It was nice to have. I like that you can't see other peoples ranks but to not have any rank at all seems odd.

RS4-

Maybe it's just me, but the leaderboards are pretty awful.
They do not track time played properly (claiming I have played for 20 hours) and therefore, the score per minute factor is broken, as it distributes your score over a playtime that isn't consistent with your actual game time.

I'm not sure if they're including the beta time. I have to check mine again but I don't think I had 8-11 hours played on it

Oh yeah the times in the leaderboards are definitely fucked. It said I had 1 day played in TDM already when the MP was only up for like 10 hours at that time.
And I doubt it's tracking beta time since I only played about an hour of the beta, but there's an additional 15+ hours of playtime that was attributed to me for whatever reason.

I'm not sure if they're including the beta time. I have to check mine again but I don't think I had 8-11 hours played on it

I think it's counting time spent in the menu or some nonsense.

It could be beta time, but that would be odd, and then it's missing all of the other stats from the beta kill KOs etc.

Why are we using a google docs list? That doesn't make sense. There is a community for UC4 MP on PS4, and it's far more accessible to join that community then simply add people from the PS4 itself, than it is to type out names from a google document.

It makes more sense to focus on just one platform of collating player ids, and it makes sense for that method to be the most accessible and easiest to use.

SDR-UK

Why are we using a google docs list? That doesn't make sense. There is a community for UC4 MP on PS4, and it's far more accessible to join that community then simply add people from the PS4 itself, than it is to type out names from a google document.

It makes more sense to focus on just one platform of collating player ids, and it makes sense for that method to be the most accessible and easiest to use.

This. A 1000x this.

realwords

How do I add mods to my mysticals? I've opened like 4+ boxes but I can't select mods on my Custom Loadout selection for them.

I've only got 19 loadout points? I thought it was more.. Do you unlock more like in TLoU? It says 26 on the thing.. Currently rocking nothing but purchasables and gear.

And I've been MVP of all games in the warmup thing and not lost a single one.. I imagine it is people not having played much - i played quite a bit of the beta.

And luckily, I was able to unlock Chloe with the points they gave you and the preorder ones.. Good times.

How do I add mods to my mysticals? I've opened like 4+ boxes but I can't select mods on my Custom Loadout selection for them.

Press Triangle on the Mystical you're using and it'll show you the mods. Keep in mind they require more LP so they'll be greyed out until you clear up enough LP to use them.

I've only got 19 loadout points? I thought it was more.. Do you unlock more like in TLoU? It says 26 on the thing.. Currently rocking nothing but purchasables and gear.

Yeah there are more loadout points. Maximum is 25/26 I think? You unlock them just by playing and using everything in your arsenal, really. When you go to your loadout screen and select mysticals/weapons/etc, you can scroll down to +1LP to see what the requirements are.

RS4-

Ugh, the mobile app. 70 puzzles just to get Pink Drake. Well maybe not 70, but 40 at a minimum because you have to do all of the second set.

And adjusting the clock to do the chests didn't work for me.j

edit - nm I think I had to change the clock, then go back to the real time.

Was hoping that there would be a Classic Team Deathmatch mode. Maybe they will add it in the future. No boosters, no buddies, just rifles and pistols.

anybody else find all the weapon mods useless?

And I've been MVP of all games in the warmup thing and not lost a single one.. I imagine it is people not having played much - i played quite a bit of the beta.

And luckily, I was able to unlock Chloe with the points they gave you and the preorder ones.. Good times.
Yes, you unlock more LP.

Mikey Jr.

Ugh, the mobile app. 70 puzzles just to get Pink Drake. Well maybe not 70, but 40 at a minimum because you have to do all of the second set.

And adjusting the clock to do the chests didn't work for me.j

edit - nm I think I had to change the clock, then go back to the real time.

Clock trick? How do you do it?

Maaan, too bad I'm stuck finishing the uncharted collection or else would of been all up in here. Hopefully next month.

Glad to see folks having fun.

Foxxsoxx

I think they straight up said no to a classic mode, but anything is possible I guess..

They said that for a while in Uncharted 3 but I started a thread on the ND forums that blew up and we got it in there. I do doubt it'll happen this time through though seeing as the gameplay and maps are much different than U2U3.

B00TE

Didn't see this yesterday, hope to dig more into the multiplayer this weekend. From what I played yesterday and doing trials, it's pretty fucking awesome. I'm just hoping that it ends up being relatively balanced.

YoshiMax

Is this not running on dedicated servers? It's a bit laggy which is taking the shine off what is otherwise a great TPS.

Damn it, it seems my daily challenges are bugged. Two of them have been remained in the completed state for three resets now (Monday, Tuesday, and today). Only one of them is cycling. Doesn't seem like ND has a support Twitter either so I'm not sure where to contact them about this. Blah.

realwords

The Art Auction map is so amazing. My whole team died in one area while I was swinging from above the middle ramp of the map, threw one Revive Pack and had them all up within seconds. Wiped the other team and turned the tide of the match at the last second to win.

Ugh, I'm going to be hooked.

Press Triangle on the Mystical you're using and it'll show you the mods. Keep in mind they require more LP so they'll be greyed out until you clear up enough LP to use them.

Yeah there are more loadout points. Maximum is 25/26 I think? You unlock them just by playing and using everything in your arsenal, really. When you go to your loadout screen and select mysticals/weapons/etc, you can scroll down to +1LP to see what the requirements are.

anybody else find all the weapon mods useless?

Yes, you unlock more LP.
Thanks guys, I don't understand why they do this to be honest but at least I know now :)

I love the daily challenges! map with water is amazing! Gunplay feels great! I do wish for a classic mode with no boosters, mystics, or sidekicks. Just pure gun play and ropes! Come on ND it's not that hard!

Raxus

I have unlocked every character but Flynn.

It seems more generous about money then it ever was in the beta.

I dunno why they bothered with one time boosters.

The Art Auction map is so amazing. My whole team died in one area while I was swinging from above the middle ramp of the map, threw one Revive Pack and had them all up within seconds. Wiped the other team and turned the tide of the match at the last second to win.

Ugh, I'm going to be hooked.
That's hype.

Top Bottom