• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Game Informer preview details [Up: Will have multiplayer]

The demo seemed to offer a greater sense of responsiveness. I think it'll be fine.

I agree, but I'm sure those aren't the only types of enemies in the game, and the "special" types are often the ones I have issues with. In every shooter, not just UC.

Grinchy

Banned
I think if they have successful sales then we'll be seeing a 5.

Just like Old Snake, I want the series to end with Old Drake. Grey hair, grey mustache, and a suicide at the grave of the person from whom he was cloned (Indiana Jones).

But right when we think Old Drake shot himself, a 127 year old Sully will appear and spout complete jibberish for 30 minutes.

LastNac

I agree, but I'm sure those aren't the only types of enemies in the game, and those are often the ones I have issues with. In every shooter, not just UC.

I'm expecting some kind of supernatural enemy that reacts differently.

Truthfully though, hit reaction is something I think they will succeed at. Although I would like to see enemies "muscle through" the pain. Something that can resist a lot of bullets but show that it is slowing.

Made a fake Box Art just for the heck of it, it looks like it might be a nice candidate for the real thing. Sorry for crappy Photoshop skills.
16030782630_38bdc81692_b.jpg

Salz01

I hope they have unlockables like reverse levels and be able to use different characters to play through in story mode. Something they had in 2, but took out of in three. And they couldn't do it because of the dynamic water fluid or whatever it was.

Elios83

Great news, particularly those about different settings and not just the tropical island, more exploration with different paths, new tools and puzzles.
I don't understand if the side stories they're talking about are just dialogues and scenes that you can run into during the game or if they're talking about proper side quests beyond usual artifacts collecting.
The story sounds full of cliches honestly (just like in previous games) but if there is still humor in the game like they're promising then there's no problem at all.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I hope they have unlockables like reverse levels and be able to use different characters to play through in story mode. Something they had in 2, but took out of in three. And they couldn't do it because of the dynamic water fluid or whatever it was.
I think they said they just ran out of time. Those sorts of things are last minute additions for the team and they were crunching like mad on Uncharted 3.

In your case it's revoked.

Never again....
Fine. You'll just be alone under the red rock forever.

Next gen Doughnut Drake pls

read some bullet points and i'm out. i don't want to spoil anything. i know i'm gonna get it anyway.

hopefully nd doesn't spoil the game come e3 like what they did with uc3 where they showed a lot of set pieces before launch.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
read some bullet points and i'm out. i don't want to spoil anything. i know i'm gonna get it anyway.

hopefully nd doesn't spoil the game come e3 like what they did with uc3 where they showed a lot of set pieces before launch.
I think they learned from that. TLoU hid so much of the game until launch and had strict embargoes on what could even be mentioned in reviews. Uncharted 3 gameplay was also revealed with a set piece, this wasn't, so there will at least be less of those shown before release.

It's the visceral satisfaction of firing a weapon and seeing it do damage. Gore is only one part of that, environmental reactions should be up there as well. That's why the particle system in FEAR is still heads and shoulders above most shooters. That's how I see it anyway, Raptor is just bloodthirsty.

Uncharted will never have gore though, and that's fine. Enemies have to react to being hit though. Every bullet. That's crucial, and more than just feedback for the player, it adds some strategy by being able to reliably stagger enemies, especially while hanging.

I agree. Uncharted 3 had downgraded hit reactions and that made the combat less enjoyable. Hit reactions sucked in UC3.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
bye gaf, see you Q4 2015

go-god-go-part-2-20061102015236763.jpg

More UC2 MP and less UC3 MP, please.

uc2 mp became like uc3's mp after some patch.

seriously, that patch didn't do it for me. i forgot what number it was but a lot of people didn't like it.

uc3 mp had some good stuff but there were some exploits as well.

i get that the mp is nd's chance at being more wild with the things they can put in, but some of the powers are freaking annoying like the detective mode.

I hope there is a uncharted collection to play those games again in 60fps. If it isn't announced by the end of summer I guess I'll just replay my PS3 version.

As long as I can go into every fight guns blazing, I'm in. The stealth needs to be 100% optional, because that's not rally the reason I play Uncharted.

jmaine_ph

I hope there is a uncharted collection to play those games again in 60fps. If it isn't announced by the end of summer I guess I'll just replay my PS3 version.

I think summer would be the perfect time to release such a thing if they are making it. I think wih the whole PS Now service kicking off they might add them to that.

kyser73

As long as I can go into every fight guns blazing, I'm in. The stealth needs to be 100% optional, because that's not rally the reason I play Uncharted.

I'm with you on this one.

I'd love to see some environmental booby traps like twigs or pots to knock over if you're not being super-careful when being stealthy, leading to 'Oh shit' moments.

More UC2 MP and less UC3 MP, please.

Who's responsible for multiplayer this time around?? Can this person take suggestions from the majority of Gaf? Can a poll be created?? Can someone do it?? I honestly would hate for UC4 to be another tread through COD like nonsense with the way UC3 was.

Top Bottom