• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo [Up: Sony - Was running at 30 fps]

TheTinkino

Neo Member
_528aac58b76609be549979abadaff929.gif

The level design does look better than what I'm used to seeing on Uncharted, and the enemy AI seems to be pretty good. That matters more to me than the graphics, which still look awesome.

They failed to show off the most fun thing of all in Uncharted games, impotently hopping up and down at a variety of different walls that look climbable but really aren't the way to go. Then jumping off a ledge towards what you think is the right direction and plummeting to your death as you realize the gravity of your mistake.

Asbear

Banned
Why do we immediately give screens of the cutscenes to represent the graphics in the game.. Aren't we confident enough in the gameplay footage to give screens??

Yeah. TLoU Remastered just gave us the next-gen priviledges of having cut-scene LoD models in-game. Don't take it away again please. I hope this game doesn't use prerendered but it probably will as always... because, ND and I guess loading screens are kinda annoying.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Why do we immediately give screens of the cutscenes to represent the graphics in the game.. Aren't we confident enough in the gameplay footage to give screens??
Because people want to compare against the E3 trailer? Besides, the gameplay looks the same... Image quality looks literally no different during gameplay, and they are not prerendering this. I'l post some screens from gameplay after the lunch.

cgcg

How is it not a representative if it's real-time? If it's real-time then it's real and no BS going on. Cutscenes will always allow devs to showcase their engines better. Or are some of you really still pretending to not realize cutscenes will always be higher fidelity?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
That was the best combat scenario in Uncharted history. Very strong encounter design right there.

Because people are comparing gameplay to the first cutscenes we had and talking about downgrade .
VFX even you know that dev don't use the same model for cutscenes and gameplay .
The cutscenes will be real time but they still should look better than gameplay .

Nabbis

How is it not a representative if it's real-time? If it's real-time then it's real and no BS going on. Cutscenes will always allow devs to showcase their engines better. Or are some of you really still pretending to not realize cutscenes will always be higher fidelity?

Judging graphics based on cutscenes is mostly about pushing agendas. If you want to compare them to something then the correct comparison would be to CGI films, not gameplay moments or a games graphical fidelity as a whole.
But then they would look awful in comparison and you would not be able to hype your games.

Jonm1010

Banned
UC4 (PS4)(Compressed, blurry take it with a grain of salt)
1417890023-x1.jpg

UC1 (PS3)
839772-932984_20071119_001.jpg

Unfair comparison, yeah. BUT. This is the PS3-PS4 next gen difference in a nutshell.

A few bulletpoints to be taken from this is:

- Next-gen so far = much grander vistas and backdrops
- bigger areas but not significantly better fidelity in the details.
This is the height of unfair comparison. Download the uncompressed gamersyde file and re-do that comparison.

I mean the game in-game is not to the level of the cinematic cut scene in the reveal but this is just ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Your opinion is seriously not worth much since the time you , yourself admitted that you are biased...

Doesn't matter if he's biased, his point stands. That was a completely nonsensical bullshit statement. Of course, they person who posted may really have not seen anything better on PC with their own eyes. Hell, they may not even own a PC, so who knows.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
UC4 (PS4)(Compressed, blurry take it with a grain of salt)
1417890023-x1.jpg

UC1 (PS3)
839772-932984_20071119_001.jpg

Unfair comparison, yeah. BUT. This is the PS3-PS4 next gen difference in a nutshell.

Are you serious with this? LOL

Looks great though boring, hope its not another lets-make-everything-extremely-everything-ultra-generic with kinda boring gameplay like all their other games, yea lets hope for the best.

-PXG-

I like the more open environments. I know it's still a year away but it's up to snuff graphically. It looks good, but not mind blowingly amazing.

Asbear

Banned
Are you serious with this? LOL

Of course I am. There is a leap... it's just not very big at all, when it comes to pure graphical fidelity. I think the gameplay looks more organic than ever so there is that. I'm just not gonna pretend this is impressive to look at.

That is a definite downgrade. Sigh.

That is the equivalent of the T-Rex breakout in the rain vs the T-Rex attacking the Gallimimus in daylight in Jurassic Park.

The Rex is the same in both scenes but looks significantly better at night in the rain; same with Drake. Aside from his hair, I don't see much of a difference at all.

Though we need direct feed images/video to be sure.

It looks really good.

What we need is for David Jaffe to say that it looks like a painting come to life, and then when they do the re-reveal closer to release, the vindication will become real like God of War 3.

Forsete

Gold Member
Oh man, just got to see that 1.6GB video.

IQ looks flawless to me. Dat lightning, dat detail in the enviroment (foilage, textures).

Best looking game so far this gen. Just too bad the footage is a bit washed out.

Watching the Gamersyde version there's a LOT of foliage pop/fade in happening. Though that will hopefully be changed at launch

You're forgetting about one of the biggest differences which is resolution . Your screens do not show that

Of course I am. There is a leap... it's just not very big at all, when it comes to pure graphical fidelity. I think the gameplay looks more organic than ever so there is that. I'm just not gonna pretend this is impressive to look at.

Go get the Gamersyde uncompressed footage and do it again, because you aren't being serious if you are seriously comparing that blurry ass screenshot lmao.

honestly, uncharted 3 looks more graphically impressive than this...

People are trolling now, right?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
This is the height of unfair comparison. Download the uncompressed gamersyde file and re-do that comparison.

I mean the game in-game is not to the level of the cinematic cut scene in the reveal but this is just ridiculous.

1.6GB for 15 minutes is still a lot of compression.
I see people call compressed-but-not-terrible video "uncompressed" all the time, though.

Do you know what pre-alpha mean? I am currently participating in the Unreal Tournament 4 pre-alpha and the game has now NO TEXTURES and it is using UT3 weapons' models, the final game will have epic UE4 weapons and maps (I posted that in the UE4 thread). I have no doubt Uncharted 4 will get better in graphics when leaving the pre-alpha stage, but what worries me the most is that it didn't have any groudnbreaking innovations in gameplay and still maintains the previous games' structure which is a let down and that will make the game probably have some mixed reviews. I hope to see new gameplay elements in the upcoming months.

Aurongel

So many people mindlessly comparing shots with different levels of image compression and lighting :/. The lighting in the gameplay video today isn't as dramatic because it's a cloudy scene with diffuse lighting. A proper comparison would be between that UC2 shot and the jungle at the end of the demo. The levels of foliage and the open arenas are where the demo differentiates itself most from the prior generation.

Gbraga

This is my opinion of the uncharted series and TLOU, not bad games by any means, just feels bland and uninspired imo. But yea lets hope for the best.

Fair enough, but this is Uncharted 4, not a new IP. If you didn't like any of their games this past generation, I don't think this one is for you.

R_Deckard

Not sure on the point you are trying to raise, give me a 3rd person game on any other platform rendering this much detail in game @ 60fps (target)?

Top Bottom