• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo [Up: Sony - Was running at 30 fps]

Skux

Because the change in hair quality shows they're not the same assets in both scenes. Meaning (probably) the left is cutscene the right is in game

What change in hair quality? You can barely make out the details in the left pic because it's darker.

strafer

will you shut up about the graphics already....

the more important news is that Nate has a brother...

And is he voiced by Troy Baker?

HowZatOZ

Banned
I have a feeling the generation jump will not be in graphic fidelity, but in what is shown on-screen. AI, lush environments and better mechanics will be the generational jump for next-gen gaming, not graphics. Graphics are fine, just look at Nintendo's games. Its mechanics and gameplay people want now.

Sande

Regarding some of the "lol copying TR"

It would have been silly not to acknowledge things TR did better and learn from them. The pick climbing was one of the things in TR I thought "Uncharted should have this" and from the looks of it they made it way better. Same thing with the rope.

Game looks already amazing and it's still a year to release.

cgcg

Vkjb.png

VS

5252359344_954a5e2f4d_o.jpg

It's not like I can't see the difference... but a generational leap in graphical fidelity? Are you guys for real?

Pssst here's a clue. One is real time the other one is not. Even discounting that yes looks generational difference.

Y'all are crazy. The foliage and character models look amazing. The youtube video looks hella compressed though.

Man, I should start up Uncharted 3.

UnrealEck

Honestly looks like I expected (which is to say, it looks good!) . People seem to expect hardware to do wonders when it's encased under a console chasis.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
lol, yeah sure buddy

It reminds me of Tomb Raider 2013, too, especially when they have a rock face that looks just like the pickaxe-climbable parts in Tomb Raider.

Orayn

This is really disappointing. Totaly a downgrade, if there was any developer I would never expect this from it was Naughty Dog.

What the fuck happened?

They took a screenshot without the added water/injuries, from a different angle, and under different lighting conditions?

Granted a few things are probably pared back since the left side was a short non-interactive teaser in a very small area, but it's still not a good apples to apples comparison.

Why even show the game off if this is all it comes too? Apparently all people are gonna do when they show something is pick it apart visually and bitch about it. It also a long way away from release... I think people need to step away from the keyboard for a bit after shows like this.

It looks incredible.

That was the best combat scenario in Uncharted history. Very strong encounter design right there.

Yeah I watched it with my brother and we were really excited with the gameplay. The grapple hook will make things very interesting.

I thought the reveal looked fantastic. Game is still coming out next year so they can fixed the framerates. But I really love the use of vegetation stealth.

Graphics are not out of this world good but it still ranks in the top 3 I would say. But honestly who gives a fuck look how much fun that looks to play!

Seriously I'm dying to play the game, seems like they really improved the mechanics.

valkyre

people calling this an Uncharted 3.5 really need to see the 1080p video and take a look at old gen uncharted games...

Seriously the twitch stream loses a ton of detail... look at the water look at the foliage at the shit ton of ambient stuff going on.

You can say it is not the most impressive game ever, but seriously if you are calling this a 3.5 version of Uncharted then you are trolling.

Sojgat

This game was the only thing that lived up to the hype.

Said at the start of the show that I didn't know how they could top it, and they obviously couldn't.

Everything about Uncharted 4 screams quality. I was very, very impressed, and I'm not even a big Naughty Dog fan.

IcyEyes

I don't even know where to start to describe how awesome is the graphics of this game, I will just share my opinion : this game will be (again) one of the best looking game in the market.

What change in hair quality? You can barely make out the details in the left pic because it's darker.

Even so you can notice a drop in the hair quality. The left looks like CG hair that blends together very nicely while the right is more videogamey and cruder looking. It still looks way beyond what some other devs do hair wise but they're not the same assets being used.

This didn't look quite as 'up there' as that E3 teaser but I can live with that.

"It looks like Uncharted".

Yes it does.

As for 'evolution'. I don't think the first glimpse of gameplay needs to reveal all of a game's evolution over its past iteration. Game reveals tend to leave stuff out for a good reason.

That said, the more agile NPCs and the rope-swing seemed new to me. As did the tool Drake used to climb parts of the cliff-face.

And, whilst the falling-the-floor stuff is unfortunate, it'll put to rest any questions about whether it was running in real-time.

Seemed pretty much what I would expect of a next-gen Uncharted game so far.

For those demanding evolution - how would you evolve Uncharted??

I will never take anyone seriously who says this was "boring" "generic" or "bad." Absolutely phenomenally awesome in every single goddamn aspect. Blown away through the whole demo.

ND is targeting 1080p 60fps. This looks top notch graphically with those requirements

What do people expect?

Of course its not going to look as good as if they were targeting 900p 30 fps

i'm not ready to give up on those graphics and that hair,. UC5 30fps, pls. And ffs everyone making photo-realistic trees just fucking copy whatever Cryengine 3 and Drive Club does for light fake scattering to the leaves already.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Looks pretty impressive to me. The stream is crap but all the little things seem to be there. Dust from bullets hitting the rocks, dude hit a tree and it moved as he was falling through it.

... also the environment is a LOT more densely populated and detailed than any other Uncharted games. I think this will be a great jump from Uncharted 3 all things considered.

Do you not know how lighting works on wet surfaces and how night and day time work?

They took a screenshot without the added water/injuries, from a different angle, and under different lighting conditions?

Granted a few things are probably pared back since the left side was a short non-interactive teaser in a very small area, but it's still not a good apples to apples comparison.

You can easily look at his hair to see it is downgraded. The game as it was shown today looks great, but nothing like we saw at E3.

Remf

Man, I can't wait to see what it looks like when they apply the final polish when the game comes out next fall.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Well its at least a more fair shake then the bullshit people are using in this thread to judge the game currently.

Well, yeah... but screengrabs from Gamersyde's footage are still several times more compressed than Share button screenshots. And that's assuming that you don't get more compression still from your image host.

Frillen

Game looked stunning, no doubt about that.

Too much climbing though. Seriously, I thought it was Rock Climbing Simulator 2015 for a moment there.

KOHIPEET

Well, it looks nowehre near as good as the reveal trailer, but the gameplay is fucking solid. It's an instant buy for me. No question.

Top Bottom