• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo [Up: Sony - Was running at 30 fps]

Yeah, doesn't look like a generational leap at all. Lol

yap, and that's my main problem here.

2566743-1.gif

utterly disappointed.

Ivan

I'm very, very disappointed. After last trailer, I expected so much more both gameplay and graphics wise.

This looks like a 1080p ps3 game.

Wow - a lot of people on GAF are real downers huh?

This is why developers don't show gameplay pre-release. Or they show 'gameplay' with visuals so unreasonable jacked up that the final release is a buggy mess that barely hits 20 fps at 900p.

If Naughty Dog is targeting 1080p and 60 fps, they are probably looking at this thread thinking fuck us we should have just shown bullshit gameplay visuals.

Fair enough, but this is Uncharted 4, not a new IP. If you didn't like any of their games this past generation, I don't think this one is for you.

And still, for me to like them not that much would have to change so I'm still gonna keep my hopes up for this one :p
The foundation is there, just get rid of the generic crap and make gameplay more interesting.

Jonm1010

Banned
1.6GB for 15 minutes is still a lot of compression.
I see people call compressed-but-not-terrible video "uncompressed" all the time, though.

Well its at least a more fair shake then the bullshit people are using in this thread to judge the game currently.

martino

Go get the Gamersyde uncompressed footage and do it again, because you aren't being serious if you are seriously comparing that blurry ass screenshot lmao.

People are trolling now, right?

Omg ...uncompressed video make more than a big difference.
Didn't except that much difference.
It is really good.period.

After all the hype and hyperbole after E3, this kind of looks disappointing. Didn't watch more than a few minutes but it really just looks like a very impressive PS3 game. Ryse at 900p looked more impressive to me TBH. And I don't doubt that the PS4 would be able to run at 1080p60 if it had the same mature dev tools and development time that U4 will have had when it comes out next year.

That is the equivalent of the T-Rex breakout in the rain vs the T-Rex attacking the Gallimimus in daylight in Jurassic Park.

The Rex is the same in both scenes but looks significantly better at night in the rain; same with Drake. Aside from his hair, I don't see much of a difference at all.

Though we need direct feed images/video to be sure.

This is what I'm thinking too.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'll be jumping in and giving the series a go for the first time. I'd love to try the older titles but sadly don't have past consoles anymore.

Of course I am. There is a leap... it's just not very big at all, when it comes to pure graphical fidelity. I think the gameplay looks more organic than ever so there is that. I'm just not gonna pretend this is impressive to look at.

You do realise you are comparing a youtube scene to a bullshot? Not a valid comparison in the slightest.

Seems a lot of people pile onto ND games specifically because of their high reputation...

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
This is why developers don't show gameplay pre-release. Or they show 'gameplay' with visuals so unreasonable jacked up that the final release is a buggy mess that barely hits 20 fps at 900p.

If Naughty Dog is targeting 1080p and 60 fps, they are probably looking at this thread thinking fuck us we should have just shown bullshit gameplay visuals.

we're probably over emphasizing the importance of gaf a smidgen.

Asbear

Banned
Vkjb.png

VS

5252359344_954a5e2f4d_o.jpg

It's not like I can't see the difference... but a generational leap in graphical fidelity? Are you guys for real?

I'm still surprised that so far Naughty Dog hasn't explained why they decided to go with 30 fps instead of 60 fps. Otherwise, it would mean that they admitted downgrading the game.

kevm3

Naughty Dog shouldn't have released that CG trailer. I looked at the 15 minute trailer. Really not impressive.

belmonkey

Doesn't matter if he's biased, his point stands. That was a completely nonsensical bullshit statement. Of course, they person who posted may really have not seen anything better on PC with their own eyes. Hell, they may not even own a PC, so who knows.

Well technically I haven't actually seen anything better with my own eyes because I don't have a gaming PC yet (next month though). Even then I do not think I will see anything that looks better for a while, unless some multi-plat game manages to look better on PC before SC comes out.

Jonm1010

Banned
Of course I am. There is a leap... it's just not very big at all, when it comes to pure graphical fidelity. I think the gameplay looks more organic than ever so there is that. I'm just not gonna pretend this is impressive to look at.

bullshot vs compressed to all hell youtube capture. GTFO.

Derpyduck

Banned
All the frame hitching from the Twitch stream when the camera was being spun around is gone in the youtube video. Love it. Kinda wish they released a 60 FPS version though (I'm assuming this game is 60 fps).

I honestly was expecting more, like a new art style that makes things pop more than the previous uncharteds, new gameplay and less of that humor. But it's more of the same which is not that bad but judging by how naughty dog games are hyped, this is nothing to go wow about, imo. It even has a tomb raider vibe to it.

It's still early in development so there's that.

Loxley

You know that psychological phenomenon of seeing human faces in things? Pareidolia? Well, there should be a word for the psychological phenomenon of seeing downgrades in gameplay reveals even if there isn't actually a downgrade.

Salz01

Can't stand the obvious trolling. This game looks awesome, and looks fun to play. Reason I got a ps4 in the first place.

KZObsessed

My favorite ND games are Uncharted Drakes Fortune and The Last of Us. This looks like a combination of the two. Looked incredible.

Top Bottom