• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Story Trailer

great googly moogly. The week this drops I'm taking the entire weekend off. Still have the Uncharted collection in its package. I have 2 months to finish all 3 games, better get started!

It's so FLUFFY!

xT0BKgqO6qWdSAa760.gif
This game straight up looks like CG at times, it's crazy.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I imagine the bet was about NPD, no? I think it's a certainty that it will sell more WW.

A Metacritic bet would be fun.

I'm guessing it'll level out at 95 when all is said and done at the end of the year (even with a few sites that will inevitably give it an 8/10). Bookmark me.

RibMan

Finally watched this in HD. Unbelievable. They surpassed The Order and introduced a whole lot of color in the process. The shot with the overgrown city just looks so good that I question if that's actual gameplay.

-griffy-

Banned
Am I crazy or is there a little CA going on? Pls no.

I don't know where people are seeing CA. The only shot with obvious CA is the underwater shot, which makes sense considering the water itself is causing the light to breakup. I'm not seeing obvious CA in any other shot. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but I'm studying the shots in the OP and not seeing it.

I imagine the bet was about NPD, no? I think it's a certainty that it will sell more WW.

I'd say it'll be the second game from Sony to do a million in a month in the US, but the small window before the end of the month may prevent that. But launch day should be massive so it may not matter.

Good god, watched it again. Still as blown away as the first time. Didn't expect so much new footage.

This is the best looking console game I've seen. And probably my favorite game in the visuals department over all.

The Chef

Hey Dictator, don't know if you already wrote something, but i always like to read your opinion on the games.

It's nice to get a more technical (even if superficial) analysis.

Here Ill save you some time:

Looks nice but ROTR and Crysis are already doing everything this game is doing plus more. Also doesn't touch Starship Citizen.

Bam

Elitist1945

I don't know where people are seeing CA. The only shot with obvious CA is the underwater shot, which makes sense considering the water itself is causing the light to breakup. I'm not seeing obvious CA in any other shot. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but I'm studying the shots in the OP and not seeing it.

Perhaps there isn't any and my eyes are deceiving me. I hope thats the case, at least lol.

Another comparison if anyone cares (Those two shots are from the downloaded footage from gamersyde. For comparison I didn't take the high quality screenshot of the first pic.)

E3 2015 extended demo

Story trailer February 2016

I can't tell if it looks ever so slightly worse or if they just changed the lighting conditions of the scene.

Good god, watched it again. Still as blown away as the first time. Didn't expect so much new footage.

This is the best looking console game I've seen. And probably my favorite game in the visuals department over all.
yeah, looks quite amazing...I don't go gaga over visuals anymore, but today I was pretty much standing there with my mouth open watching the trailer.

The bar has been raised.

Another comparison if anyone cares (Those two shots are from the downloaded footage from gamersyde. For comparison I didn't take the high quality screenshot of the first pic.)

E3 2015 extended demo

The dirt is gone but the chest's hair stayed!

shandy706

E3 2015 extended demo

Only major change seems to be the lighting/shadow casting. (which could just be the capture/output being different)

The dirt is gone but the chest's hair stayed!

The dirt is still there...the lighting and some compression are messing with it though.

Awesome stuff

Looks like some concept artist tried to half ass some work, probably never thought it would actually be used in game. Considering the amount of art that probably just sits internally forever

The Chef

Don't be like that. And the Star Citizen part is true, as much as I prefer the visuals of UC4.

I'm just teasing though I do think he has a slight bending toward PC. I think this looks better overall than SC though I think SC surpasses every game in certain areas.

Philippo

Is it me or does the last bit of dialogue sounds like thety're saying there is going to be one single end to the game?
Like, no dialogue-based changes and all.

brau

Is it me or does the last bit of dialogue sounds like thety're saying there is going to be one single end to the game?

I don't think there will be branching outcomes as far as the story ending goes. I am ok with this too. A good solid story.

I'm just teasing though I do think he has a slight bending toward PC. I think this looks better overall than SC though I think SC surpasses every game in certain areas.

I think that's a case of art style versus tech. I agree with you in your preference for UC4 but the tech in SC is undeniable. And it's an amazing looking game.

Memento

I am pretty sure the game wont have multiple endings. The dialogue choices wont have that kind of impact in the narrative.

I'm one of those crazy people who doesn't want to see the trailer.

Just want to know how good it looks. Is it worthy of being the last trailer for the Nathan Drake saga?

Top Bottom