• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Among Thieves release date, box-art and pre-order incentives announced

deepbrown

504x_uncharted_2_release_date.jpg

Hang on, Nathan Drake! Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is almost here, with Sony confirming to us today that the Naughty Dog developed PlayStation 3 game will arrive in the U.S. on October 13th. Start planning your sick days/pre-orders accordingly.

Sony also released Uncharted 2's final box art, reminding us of Mr. Drake's expert ability to hang from ledges and platforms with just one hand. Combine that with his expertise at maintaining a shirt that's half-tucked, half-not and you'll see why the stubbly treasure hunter's adventures warranted a sequel.

Oh, and speaking of pre-orders, Sony laid out its retailer plans for a quartet of downloadable exclusives with Amazon.com, GameStop, Game Crazy and BestBuy. Golden guns, right after this.

504x_gold_guns.jpg

504x_gold_ak.jpg

Yes, those are the golden Barettas that Drake can wield in multiplayer, adding a bit of flash to your online death match and "Plunder" competition. They're exclusive to BestBuy, meaning that if you're into sporting golden AK-47s, that should be your pre-order retailer of choice.

Here's how it works out elsewhere.

Amazon.com - Exclusive UNCHARTED 2 Treasure Map
The exclusive UNCHARTED 2 Treasure Map allows players to discover hidden treasures throughout the game.

Game Crazy - Exclusive Currency Multiplier for multiplayer online use
The UNCHARTED 2 Currency Multiplier allows gamers to gain in-game currency and unlock bonuses faster than their opponents for a limited period.

GameStop - Exclusive first access to the Multiplayer Demo and the downloadable Revenge Attribute
The Revenge Attribute is one of the last boosters that you can unlock in the multiplayer campaign. This bonus allows you to unlock the "Revenge" booster right from the start of your multiplayer campaign.

More here: http://kotaku.com/5319113/uncharted-2-release-date-box-art-pre+order-goodies-revealed

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Most of these preorder bonuses seem kind of crappy. I don't really like getting stuff that makes me better than other people just because I preordered and I want to find the treasures myself. Oh well, this is my most anticipated game of the year and I know it'll be good. October better hurry up.

jett

D-Member
That's one shit ass boxart. Seriously, WTF? It cannot be final. Plz.

The pre-orders I don't give a fuck about.

JMC

Banned
How long before the crowd from the Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time pre-order bonus thread bounce all over this one? :lol

kassatsu

Banned
GameStop - Exclusive first access to the Multiplayer Demo and the downloadable Revenge Attribute
The Revenge Attribute is one of the last boosters that you can unlock in the multiplayer campaign. This bonus allows you to unlock the "Revenge" booster right from the start of your multiplayer campaign.

Fuck this.

iceatcs

Thanks god, I thought it was some plastic fake gold paint toy gun. So it is in-game weapons.

I prefer Amazon.com offer. Hope someone UK will pick it up.

BTW. Gamestop already has the multiplayer demo vouchers. A friend of mine went to see if he could get a Beta voucher back when Infamous came out and they gave him the voucher for the demo which isn't valid until the end of August.

Reallink

Finally I can preorder my way to the top of online leaderboards. Seriously though, I knew this was coming after R&C. Another guaranteed purchase guaranteed canceled. Sony has officially preordered-bonused themselves out of every penny of my business this year.

JMC

Banned
jett said:
That's one shit ass boxart. Seriously, WTF? It cannot be final. Plz.

The pre-orders I don't give a fuck about.

I wonder if PAL land will get a better cover?

FFObsessed said:
No Special Edition? :(

It would seem so. I mean, it would be silly to announce all this stuff and then later announce the SE.

Edit: October 13th, eh? EB and I'd say other retailers here in Australia have the game pencilled in for the 15th. If that date holds true, I won't be importing the game. I can wait 2 days.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Reallink said:
Finally I can preorder my way to the top of online leaderboards. Seriously though, I knew this was coming after R&C. Another guaranteed purchase guaranteed canceled. Sony has officially preordered-bonused themselves out of every penny of my business this year.
Really? Come on, the game will be great. Just don't preorder or buy from a different retailer.

You know, when I saw the pictures of the guns, I honestly thought for a minute that they were including a golden, berretta replica as a preorder bonus for this game, and was about to rush out and get one.

Then logic hit me and I realized that these must be just crappy skins.

Akia

Maybe they looked at Uncharted 1's awesome boxart and said:

"That didn't work so why don't we try a shitty one instead?"

Loudninja

Reallink said:
:lol

Haunted

Can't wait!

I hope those preorder gimmicks are all unlockable in the game and they're not withholding content to promote using a specific retailer.

edit: oh wait, they're all for multiplayer anyway, whatever then.

Cool so online multiplayer is broken and unbalanced right from the start. Great concept! I got a Golden Gun code from the Free Stuff thread and Master Ninja, but if it is US region locked I'll be putting that up for grabs XD

mollipen

chubigans said:
Treasure map for me!

Also, box art does indeed look awful. Time to post better box art done by fans!

Oh, cool!

...so, when are you going to post that better box art done by fans?

iceatcs said:
Thanks god, I thought it was some plastic fake gold paint toy gun. So it is in-game weapons.

I prefer Amazon.com offer. Hope someone UK will pick it up.

It's worth noting that the Amazon "Treasure Map" is actually just a video showing you where all the treasures are according to the page for Uncharted 2. Personally the golden guns sound like the only good bonus.

At least since the incentives are shit you won't feel like you're missing out. The multiplayer cheat is just terrible.

Hope the European boxart is better.

noah111

Still Alive
Great release date, box art is meh compared to the Drake's Fortune boxart, but oh well... and no special/limited/collectors edition whatsoever? :mad:

Wax Free Vanilla said:
Hideous boxart.

European release is October 23rd.

Thank you, must put this in the calendar gaming money plan.
The only thing I really like about the box art, is that at least the gun isn't in his hand.
*runs away*

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
fistfulofmetal said:
joke post? that shit looks horrible too. worst the the official one.
I like it because it looks like something a company would actually put out. Plus it shows off what the game is about a bit more.

Reallink

RoboPlato said:
Really? Come on, the game will be great. Just don't preorder or buy from a different retailer.

Principle of the matter really, I can not in good conscience support this kind of thing. It has already gone to far, who knows how far it will go in the future. I'm not dumb enough to think "my stand" matters, so of course I'm not going to deprive myself, I'll just borrow the games from friends/relatives without paying Sony a dime.

Top Bottom