• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Among Thieves release date, box-art and pre-order incentives announced

Robot 492

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Sony is denying that it's real. But you know how its been with them and their denials lately.
Well, I'm sure they're not happy about another thing being leaked...

I expect that bundle and a few more to be revealed at TGS.

StuBurns

Banned
nskinnear said:
Well, I'm sure they're not happy about another thing being leaked...

I expect that bundle and a few more to be revealed at TGS.

Meh, It could be fake, the side of it looks nothing like how bundles have been in the past, so unless they're changing now..

Robot 492

Banned
red shoe paul said:
Meh, It could be fake, the side of it looks nothing like how bundles have been in the past, so unless they're changing now..
That picture might be fake, but I still think an Uncharted 2 bundle is coming.

cakefoo

red shoe paul said:
They changed it with the Slim:
PS3UnchartedBundle.jpg
33f9d81.jpg

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
stuburns said:
The AI looks brain dead in some of that U2 footage. It could be on easy and maybe the normal modes are better in that respect. But the bombs fall at their feet and they just stand there and wait to blow up.
I'm not watching the video, but if that's the only criteria you use, the same thing sometimes happened in first game with easier enemies, even on normal or hard difficulty. Or they would roll away but a bit too late. I don't know why it would bother you when it happens tbh, with grenades being so scarce, you'd at least get some enjoyment out of using them, and the game overall had very impressive AI.

Cerberus

Only SCEA has denied the existence of that U2 bundle so Europe hasn't been ruled out yet. SCEE seems to love bundling games published by Sony. Within the past year, Europe has gotten a LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2, and inFamous PS3 bundle. The only thing SCEA has done within the past year is one bundle with an old (but still awesome) game. I wouldn't be surprised to see an Uncharted 2 or Gran Turismo 5 bundle in Europe by the end of this year.

I just don't know why someone would take the time to make a fake videogame console bundle picture. Makes absolutely no sense to me at all. I'm not sure what kind of gain they could get from it other than their own amusement, which more than anything suggests that they are, indeed, mentally insane.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
SolidSnakex said:
- You can buy behind the scenes features as well as new character skins in the Uncharted store.
- If you have an Uncharted save you'll get 20k in Uncharted cash and if you've completed the game you'll get 80k.
Damn I completed it but deleted the save to get some trophies. I never re-finished it. :(

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Has the PAL box been released yet? Is it the same as US?

We should totally get that Indiana Jones art as our cover.

NameGenerated said:
Damn I completed it but deleted the save to get some trophies. I never re-finished it. :(
Yeah, after I beat it 80 times I deleted the save whilst cleaning up. Crud.

Edit: no wait! they are on my usb stick still...along with some Genji: days of the blades saves O-o

bumpkin

SolidSnakex said:
- If you have an Uncharted save you'll get 20k in Uncharted cash and if you've completed the game you'll get 80k.
WOOHOO! :D

Day one for this game. Day fucking one. I cannot wait! It's my most anticipated game of the year by a long shot.

Dizzy-4U

SolidSnakex said:
I think this should be tied to your trophies and not to your save file giving you money depending how many trophies you've got. And if you have the platinum give you a special weapon skin or something like that.

But it's cool either way. Can't wait :3

SolidSnakex said:
- You can buy behind the scenes features as well as new character skins in the Uncharted store.

I deserve I think about 800k then, I think I have finished it at least 10 times. :lol

The AI looks brain dead in some of that U2 footage. It could be on easy and maybe the normal modes are better in that respect. But the bombs fall at their feet and they just stand there and wait to blow up.
:lol :lol
People said the same thing about KZ2 prior to its release. "The AI this, the AI that, dumb as bricks!" Then we all played the game.

kaskade

I don't know why but all this time I was assuming the game was coming out sometime in November. Now I just found out it's coming basically a month earlier than I thought it was. I am very happy right now. When the demo comes out that should hold me over.

thechemist

Hey i saw a Uncharted 2 ad just now on Bravo whilist watching TNA (uk), it was only a small ad but great they are advertising this already, spoiler in ad?
train gets blown off tracks awesome!
, it gave a web address to watch the trailer for the game on. I really glad adverts are appearing this early! Cannot wait for this game.

momolicious said:
what is this uncharted bucks and store? At the uncharted store you have to pay realy monies to get behind the scenes??

No, you earn money in the game. In MP you earn money for every kill and every medal you get, and in single player I think there are medals that aren't tied to the trophies.

thechemist said:
, it was only a small ad but great they are advertising this already, spoiler in ad? train gets blown off tracks awesome!, it gave a web address to watch the trailer for the game on.
The train car gets blown up and bounces on the train tracks in the official E3 trailer.

Anyway, I didn't realize just how badly YouTube HD, GameTrailers direct-download, and practically EVERY website compresses video as detailed as Uncharted 2's footage.

Looking at the intro to the Gamescom trailer from 110MB Euro PSN file made me smile at the level of fidelity the single player must achieve. Here are some screen caps to show what I'm talking about from the compression.

PlayStation's YouTube HD on the left and PSN version of trailer on right:

ouytfm.jpg

Check out just how much is lost on his face

a13pv.jpg

Can't hide them scars anymore :p

2zdzsxx.jpg

Check out the face and the fibers on shirt!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's quite ridiculous.

bdavid81

Neo Member
I pre-ordered at EB Games last week, got the card with demo code as well as the boost code. Cancelled the preorder about 30 minutes ago, and ordered from Amazon, so I get the treasure map & $10 cheaper than EB.

bdavid81 said:
I pre-ordered at EB Games last week, got the card with demo code as well as the boost code. Cancelled the preorder about 30 minutes ago, and ordered from Amazon, so I get the treasure map & $10 cheaper than EB.
Congrats getting the demo a week early?

LRB1983

Banned
Teetris said:
Has the PAL box been released yet? Is it the same as US?

We should totally get that Indiana Jones art as our cover.
Euro covers (regular and collector's edition) are up months ago.
mMi32.jpg
zBbJY.jpg

We don't know if they will adapt them to new boxart. :S

NIGHT-

Uncharted 2 showed up on my Gold box today :D

Item(s) Subtotal: $56.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Gold Box Discount: -$2.85
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.70
-----
Total Before Tax: $43.44
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $43.44

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
LRB1983 said:
Euro covers (regular and collector's edition) are up months ago.
mMi32.jpg
zBbJY.jpg

We don't know if they will adapt them to new boxart. :S

Why does SCEA hate American Ps3 users? Why does SCEE give awesome limited edtions to europe but in America nothing...

jaydogg691

Anyone going to pre-order this game at Amazon? If so, I got $5 off Promo code. If anyone wants it, the first to PM will get the code.

Edit: Code Gone.

neojubei said:
Why does SCEA hate American Ps3 users? Why does SCEE give awesome limited edtions to europe but in America nothing...
You mean besides the very VERY limited edition versions you can win at their Twitter, Blog, sneek peak theater events, and so on?

uncharted-2-fortune-hunter-edition-collectors.jpg

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
xenorevlis said:
You mean besides the very VERY limited edition versions you can win at their Twitter, Blog, sneek peak theater events, and so on?

uncharted-2-fortune-hunter-edition-collectors.jpg

I also think that in Europe, game and console prices fluctuate based on the monetary exchange rate. So SCEE has to work harder to get people to buy the product, given on how freaking expensive it is. So they incentivize it.

In the US, we have the benefit of a fixed price. This is due to the fact that in the US, we're just going to move more product, volume wise. It would not be so great if they adjusted the price of games and consoles here in the US based on how well the dollar was performing.

I bet there are alot of dudes in Australia tell us all the STFU about how much our games and consoles cost.

Ploid 3.0

NIGHT- said:
Uncharted 2 showed up on my Gold box today :D

Item(s) Subtotal: $56.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Gold Box Discount: -$2.85
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.70
-----
Total Before Tax: $43.44
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $43.44

What are those two promotions applied? D: ECA x2? I can't get another ECA and the ECA thing seem to only work once and additional codes just don't work (like on other games, it's just that I needed one code and that's it).

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but the special edition is now the same price as the standard on game.co.uk. It was £49.99 a while ago so I'm not sure when they changed it.

brandonh83 said:
I just don't know why someone would take the time to make a fake videogame console bundle picture. Makes absolutely no sense to me at all. I'm not sure what kind of gain they could get from it other than their own amusement, which more than anything suggests that they are, indeed, mentally insane.

Because it could potentially harm PS3 sales since some people may choose to wait for the bundle, while it never gets delivered.

You can't imagine how retorted people and companies may be.

rhino4evr

jaydogg691 said:
Anyone going to pre-order this game at Amazon? If so, I got $5 off Promo code. If anyone wants it, the first to PM will get the code.

LOL, I JUST pre-ordered it.

damn.

oh well, at least I got the 10% ECA discount

Top Bottom