• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Among Thieves release date, box-art and pre-order incentives announced

rainking187 said:
It's worth noting that the Amazon "Treasure Map" is actually just a video showing you where all the treasures are according to the page for Uncharted 2. Personally the golden guns sound like the only good bonus.

Yeah, it's the only one that even kind of interested me. Still I'm going with Amazon. They'll probably have free release day shipping for this game, and no tax.

Akia

Looks like I'm buying a PS3 (slim hopefully) on Oct 13th.

That E3 trailer pushed me off the fence. I think U2 is the
killer app
for the hardcore.

Firestorm

Here's how it works out elsewhere.

Amazon.com - Exclusive UNCHARTED 2 Treasure Map
The exclusive UNCHARTED 2 Treasure Map allows players to discover hidden treasures throughout the game.

Game Crazy - Exclusive Currency Multiplier for multiplayer online use
The UNCHARTED 2 Currency Multiplier allows gamers to gain in-game currency and unlock bonuses faster than their opponents for a limited period.

GameStop - Exclusive first access to the Multiplayer Demo and the downloadable Revenge Attribute
The Revenge Attribute is one of the last boosters that you can unlock in the multiplayer campaign. This bonus allows you to unlock the "Revenge" booster right from the start of your multiplayer campaign.
I wish CrushDance posted this thread because this sh!t needs to stop.

CiSTM

Banned
chubigans said:
Treasure map for me!

Also, box art does indeed look awful. Time to post better box art done by fans!

uncharted2box.png

Front is still awful but back looks decent. And those pre-order bonuses are lame. Still day 1.

feel

Would be very cool if you could flip the cover, and the other side just shows the art and a smaller UC2 logo. All the playstation/sony text it's what's ruining it for me.

Madman

JMC said:
How long before the crowd from the Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time pre-order bonus thread bounce all over this one? :lol
Firewire was here rather quick, albiet with a slightly different reaction. :p

Firewire

Banned
Madman said:
Firewire was here rather quick, albiet with a slightly different reaction. :p

I don't like the store incentive bs at all. One of the lamest things in gaming this gen if you ask me.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
NIN90 said:
What's so bad about the boxart?
Is this one of those cases of irrational GAF hate?
I think so. I thought Uncharted 1's boxart wasn't very good either. I like this one more since it captures the adventure feel of the game more than a random guy with a shotgun.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
chubigans said:
Treasure map for me!

Also, box art does indeed look awful. Time to post better box art done by fans!

http://www.vertigogaming.net/HUD/uncharted2box.png

That box looks like shit. Official one is fine.

Reallink said:
Finally I can preorder my way to the top of online leaderboards. Seriously though, I knew this was coming after R&C. Another guaranteed purchase guaranteed canceled. Sony has officially preordered-bonused themselves out of every penny of my business this year.

Really? I mean, its your money but you won't be buying a damn thing since it's going to be pre-order madness for online modes this holiday. Get over it.

Ardorx

Banned
The release is close to my birthday, which is when I was hoping to have my PS3. Obviously it's a sign to buy this, even though I had little interest before.

gibration

The box art doesn't look that bad to me. I actually don't really care about the box art, it's the game that I want and I think I'm going with BestBuy on this.

TheExodu5

Banned
Reallink said:
Finally I can preorder my way to the top of online leaderboards. Seriously though, I knew this was coming after R&C. Another guaranteed purchase guaranteed canceled. Sony has officially preordered-bonused themselves out of every penny of my business this year.

You'd make a better example if you threatened to jump off of a roof until they take the bonuses down.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Hideous boxart. Shitty preorder incentives. A fucking video spoiler? Really? Golden guns? Wouldn't they just make you an easier target to pick off in multiplayer? And of course, you can't go wrong with unlocking late-game mutiplayer powers from the get go for a small subset of consumers.

*rolls eyes*

ShogunX

NIN90 said:
What's so bad about the boxart?
Is this one of those cases of irrational GAF hate?

Whats wrong is that its shit. You have all of these beautiful and exotic environments straight out of the old Indiana jones movies and instead they go with a rather bland looking Cliffhanger design.

Compare it to this which screams ''HOLY SHIT TELL ME MORE'' -

uncharted-box.jpg

sonicmj1

I don't like these kinds of preorder bonuses in the first place, and layering store-exclusive crap on top of it is really ridiculous. Bonuses that give players an edge over their peers in multiplayer, even temporarily, seem like a stupid way to divide the playerbase.

Also, isn't this the third or fourth game to offer gold weapons as a preorder incentive? None of the games I'm thinking of (Uncharted, Bad Company, Gears of War 2) are even made by the same company. Bizarre.

Tenks

KillerAJD said:
I like the box-art, can't wait for the game....however...
4hd4lg.jpg

the FUCK is THAT? Arne, you disappoint us...

Uncharted2 is too big to be contained by the conformist boxart rules, clearly

paparazzo

Firewall won't let me see the boxart. Is it the boxart on Amazon.com? Looks great to me, don't know what everyone's bitching about, and yes, I own the first game.

JMC

Banned
The Skater said:
Firewall won't let me see the boxart. Is it the boxart on Amazon.com? Looks great to me, don't know what everyone's bitching about, and yes, I own the first game.

The official art is very similar.

reKon

Banned
Ok so, October 13th is a Monday. I'm going to have to figure out what to do about classes that day and the rest of the week... Shit.

Drame

I can't wait for Uncharted 2, pre-ordered and paid in full!

I really need to get Uncharted 1 before U2 >.<.

The box-art could have been better, though.

Top Bottom