• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Among Thieves release date, box-art and pre-order incentives announced

ShogunX

Kintaro said:
I don't think it says that at all.

What Naughty Dog should be doing is bringing the classic Indiana Jones movie art feel to these covers.

''Indy Posters''

The first box cover fails because you can't even see who the hell Drake is and can't relate to him at first sight. the second box art fails...just in general. Everyone and their fucking mother compares this franchise to Indy Jones, Naughty Dog should USE THAT.

For the 1st cover I don't really think you need to relate to Drake to understand what the game is about. It features a guy with a Shotgun/Pistol Combination in a jungle with a nasty looking skull, If that doesn't tickle your taste buds then what the hell will?

Agree with your Indy reference though - That raiders of the lost ark poster would make an absolute kick ass game cover.

borsdy

Banned
Exclusive Currency Multiplier for multiplayer online use
The UNCHARTED 2 Currency Multiplier allows gamers to gain in-game currency and unlock bonuses faster than their opponents for a limited period.

Downloadable Revenge Attribute
The Revenge Attribute is one of the last boosters that you can unlock in the multiplayer campaign. This bonus allows you to unlock the "Revenge" booster right from the start of your multiplayer campaign.

FUCK OFF

Fady K

October 13th? Wow, thats earlier than I expected. Nice...

jett said:
That's one shit ass boxart. Seriously, WTF? It cannot be final. Plz.

The pre-orders I don't give a fuck about.

Agreed on both counts. The pre-orders suck ass. This game needs a freakin' special edition! And a better boxart!! The first Uncharted game had such a kickass boxart.

Man, I can't be the only one who that thought that was a plastic handgun and was going to be included in the pre order before scrolling down and reading the rest of the post.

KillJade

Banned
TheSeks said:
You know what let's me also choose a store because of their incentive? PRICE! *gasp* HOLY SHIT AMAZING I KNOW! (Too bad we never will get discounts at launch because man... $60 day-one has made me stop buying disc-based games NEW now).

What the fuck is wrong with offering an art-book for everyone? At least that makes me pre-order. Special bonus powers that actually don't do too much of anything doesn't.

I hear ya.

I've bought ONE new game (RE5) this year because of the price hike. Here in Canada games are 70 damn dollars now, plus taxes, so I'm looking at 80 bones just to play a game on release day.

Screw that.

I went from being an obsessive game-buying nut, to one who would rather sit and wait for them to bomb so I can grab them at 20 bucks when they go clearance. Because let's face it, once I've waited a week or more, the shine wears off and the desire to rush out and buy the game is gone, so waiting until it's cheap is suddenyl not so tough.

80 dollar games can kiss my ass.

Beowulf28

October 13th? FUCK YEAH!

KillerAJD said:
I like the box-art, can't wait for the game....however...
4hd4lg.jpg

the FUCK is THAT? Arne, you disappoint us...
:lol

ShogunX

NIN90 said:
So a generic guy holding 2 guns screams at you ''HOLY SHIT TELL ME MORE'' and a dude hanging from a cliff doesn't?

Seriously? No it doesn't. Its just not at all eye catching and seeing as for some unknown reason ive always had a soft spot for films and games featuring guns and jungles then the original cover appeals to me personally a hell of a lot more than the 2nd.

In my opinion a cover shouldn't have to show its lead character on the brink of death to be classed as interesting but then ive always preferred a type of stylish cover for my games. Obviously everyone has different tastes and interests.

KillJade

Banned
Well I guess this will make it pretty clear whether or not Naughty Dog listens to it's fans.

Right now, the box art is horrible, let's see if it changes.

At least Insomniac gave us 3 crappy box arts to choose from ahead of time for R2. :lol

BB for me. Oh and I think being able to unlock something from the beginning of the MP campaign is bullocks.

Uncharted2 October 13th :D :D :D

The first was my game of the generation

squinters

astigmatic
Oct 13! I was expecting sometime in November, this is awesome. I played through the first game three times.

But wait, i also want to get Scribblenauts, and Starcraft 2, and a new video card for Starcraft 2. I. . . I don't know which to pick. This sucks.

Rapping Granny said:
Man, I can't be the only one who that thought that was a plastic handgun and was going to be included in the pre order before scrolling down and reading the rest of the post.

I thought the exact same thing. I was reading the text then saw the pictures and thought oh my good god best pre-order of all time! Then all my dreaming was dashed to pieces.

reKon

Banned
You guys think Sony will actually try to market this game? Or do you think they'll just save it for GT5 and God of War 3?

I think the box art looks great.

I really don't know what people want out of a box art.

That box art encompasses the action in the game and Drake's peril.

reKon

Banned
Kagari said:
They did a good job with Infamous.

I think I've seen only ONE TVspot in the US for that game.

The best effort I've seen in Sony advertising a game was Ratchet and Clank: ToD. That was a long time ago...

Firewire

Banned
reKon said:
I think I've seen only ONE TVspot in the US for that game.

The best effort I've seen in Sony advertising a game was Ratchet and Clank: ToD. That was a long time ago...

InFamous TV spots where everywhere.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves release date of October 13th? Yes! :D Consider me happy. I thought it was going to be later than that. I can't wait. I also think the box art looks great. I'm going to definitely pre-order this game when I get the chance. Ahh, I'm so excited!

Darkatomz

Siiiiiiickk. Too bad there's no SE of the game... nor is the boxart what I would have wanted.

I guess I'll preorder a GameStop.

Aladuf

Banned
I'm fucking set for Oct. 13 now, nothing will come close to this game for me this year. The MP beta was so awesome.

+1 for the boxart love

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I only recognize official Uncharted threads that have handlebar hand jobs in the title.

Firewire said:
InFamous TV spots where everywhere.
That is true indeed. I definitely hope that Uncharted 2: Among Thieves gets the same treatment. Having great marketing for this game, and making the first Uncharted a Greatest Hits title at the same time will do wonders.

Firewire

Banned
reKon said:
Where? I don't watch TV nearly as often as I use to, but what channels did you see them on?

They where on Space, G4TV and Discovery among others. I also saw allot of TV programs sponsored by InFamous.

womfalcs3

Banned
I want to pre-order, but I'm supposed to get a new check card soon. The one I have will expire before the game ships.

Can I still pre-order even though the card I use won't be valid at that time? Or will the purchase transaction I commit today be associated with the bank account rather than the card?

I can wait until the new card arrives, but it's a question that came up.

kikanny

YAY! Its releasing on my birthday! Soooooo excited!! And thank god for the shitty preorders.
Cause, being a canadian, i hate preorders. We don't get half the stuff you americans get. So not missing out on much this time :p

Firewire said:
They where on Space, G4TV and Discovery among others. I also saw allot of TV programs sponsored by InFamous.
Yeah. I also saw a lot of inFamous commercials on Adult Swim. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on that channel around the time of the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves release. Seeing a lot of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves commercials would make me happy.

Fuck Gamestop and their early exclusive demo bullshit. Demos should be for people who aren't sold on the game, not people who have already paid for it.

Boxart could be a bit more interesting, though at least it is a better attention grabber then the first games box (though I like the first games box better, I knew what I was getting).

EDIT: Hmm which crappy pre-order item do I want?

Top Bottom