• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Among Thieves release date, box-art and pre-order incentives announced

Mikey Jr.

Dunno, I think the boxart looks decent. First one is better though for sure. Green is a colour you dont see too often.

Just a question for us CANADIANS out there:

How much do you think the games gonna go for? 69.99 or down to 59.99. I mean, our dollar is at .90. At what exchange does it have to be at for it to go down?

Anyways, DAY FUCKING 1. Love Uncharted.

lupinko

Mikey Jr. said:
Dunno, I think the boxart looks decent. First one is better though for sure. Green is a colour you dont see too often.

How much do you think the games gonna go for? 69.99 or down to 59.99. I mean, our dollar is at .90. At what exchange does it have to be at for it to go down?

Depends on the exchange rate at the time, but with the way things are going, I'd say $69.99 outside of a week one sale.

Firewire

Banned
Mikey Jr. said:

Expect $70

MDSLKTR

demosthenes said:
Finally got the platinum for the first game today...after how many months...I can't remember.

I still need to get mine. I got 3/4 of the treasures but then the glitch with the old saves before the trophy patch happened.

Erdrick

The original game is my favorite new IP game of this generation, and I have played it some 6 times over. It just fits so well. Needless to say, I am very happy that the new one is coming sooner than I expected and I will definitely pick it up as soon as it's released.

Good news, this is.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
TheFallen said:
But it isn't stuff that you can get on your own sometimes...
Wolverine had the Weapon X arena that only became available 1-2 months after the game's release for $10.
Batman: Arkham Asylum will have an extra map that won't be available at release.
Infamous has gigawatt blades that are still not available.
R&C will have an extra level.
Assassin's Creed 2 will have a new area to play around with...

They will sell this crap to you later on. No question. Or you can just simply pre-order. Or don't. I see two things. I see retailers flexing their muscles wanting extra incentives in exchange for extra promotion of the product and companies desperately wanting that exposure to sell these games. The bonuses get people hyped and excited for the games.

More importantly, if this shit didn't work? They wouldn't do it.

Hydrargyrus

What the...?

I hate all this incentive shit.
Is impossible to make one game iqual for everyone?
C'mon, the game is fucking awesome, but this incentive stuff sucks...

TheFallen

Lord Error said:
Were the golden guns in first Gears? Because first Uncharted already had a golden pistol as an unlockable.
Erm GoldenEye had golden guns many years ago and I'm sure games before that had golden guns, it's nothing special. But I believe he was referring to it being some sort of pre-order/launch day exclusive.

KillJade

Banned
Mikey Jr. said:

Considering Drake's Fortune is STILL 59.99 everywhere you look, I'd count on them charging as much as they can for it, dirty bastards.

reKon

Banned
KillJade said:
Considering Drake's Fortune is STILL 59.99 everywhere you look, I'd count on them charging as much as they can for it, dirty bastards.

When the Drake bundle is gone, it will probably join the Greatest Hits soon after

They are in love with that damn shot of him hanging out of the train aren't they.

Also those guns look ridiculous. They're spossed to be gold but they just look tarnished.

The game on the other hand, is jaw dropping, and that's all that matters.

Day one, but no need for a pre-order so I won't bother.

borsdy

Banned
Lord Error said:
Were the golden guns in first Gears? Because first Uncharted already had a golden pistol as an unlockable.
I think he means the whole golden weapon special content gimmick lately, for multiplayer shooter gaming anyway.

Nakiro

Kintaro said:
They will sell this crap to you later on. No question. Or you can just simply pre-order. Or don't. I see two things. I see retailers flexing their muscles wanting extra incentives in exchange for extra promotion of the product and companies desperately wanting that exposure to sell these games. The bonuses get people hyped and excited for the games.

More importantly, if this shit didn't work? They wouldn't do it.
That's exactly it, the retailers are pushing for in-game awards for pre-order, Insomniac cleared this up once they announced their pre-order bonuses. They also stated that the in-game bonuses are going to be available even if you don't pre-order.

The thing is, if you announce multiple bonuses from the different stores, you pretty much know that the gamer will eventually have to go and pick one unless they go out and pre-order then cancel, which doesn't really help the retailers at all.

The other thing is, these promotional items are usually not all over the world. I haven't seen any GameCrazy stores here in Canada.

Wolverine Pre-Order is now available.
Dead Space Pre-Order is now available.
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Pre-Order is now available.

Then again I believe the developers themselves want to push the pre-order bonuses, seeing as how that's where they make a good chunk of the money they invested in at the full price. It also helps with marketing somewhat since there's usually a sign in the store that they feature the exclusive content.

There's quite a few little bits and pieces, it's not as simple as it appears, but people tend to hate on things that doesn't necessarily suit them perfectly. I'm not a huge fan of pre-ordering but there are certainly a few games that deserve it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Perfect, thats two days before my birthday. Being one year closer to death isn't so bad when you have NEW UNCHARTED. One thing though...does anyone get the feeling that they're giving Drake the Jak II/Warrior Within treatment and trying to make him more "edgy" looking?.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Wizman23 said:
Way to Rip Off Gears with the Gold Guns:lol

that's what I was thinking. probably the best bonus out of them all, though.

off topic, but you know what I just realized? Nathan Drake. Naughty Dog. it hit me when I noticed the "ND" on the back of his leather holster on the first Uncharted's boxart.

I had a "shocking video game secrets that blow your mind" moment there. sorry :lol

DrPirate

Banned
KillJade said:
I hear ya.

I've bought ONE new game (RE5) this year because of the price hike. Here in Canada games are 70 damn dollars now, plus taxes, so I'm looking at 80 bones just to play a game on release day.

Screw that.

I went from being an obsessive game-buying nut, to one who would rather sit and wait for them to bomb so I can grab them at 20 bucks when they go clearance. Because let's face it, once I've waited a week or more, the shine wears off and the desire to rush out and buy the game is gone, so waiting until it's cheap is suddenyl not so tough.

80 dollar games can kiss my ass.

I agree with this post.

I own every single naughty dog game ever released. But I will not be day-1-ing unfortunately. :(

Release date surprises me a tad. Before the M.A.G and Heavy Rain delays I had heard that the internal slate was Uncharted 2 in late september, Ratchet and Clank in October, Heavy Rain, M.A.G and Eyepet in November and GT5 whenever this year.

Maybe the others still to be released will see a delay too.

Regardless, bring this game the fuck on. Looks delightful.

beast786

DrPirate said:
I agree with this post.

I own every single naughty dog game ever released. But I will not be day-1-ing unfortunately. :(

You would have to wait for a long long time for U2 to hit 20 bucks. Hell even U1 which was released 2 years ago technically still is 60 bucks :lol

DrPirate

Banned
Snuggler said:
Perfect, thats two days before my birthday. Being one year closer to death isn't so bad when you have NEW UNCHARTED. One thing though...does anyone get the feeling that they're giving Drake the Jak II/Warrior Within treatment and trying to make him more "edgy" looking?.

Not even in the least bit.

If you watched all the trailers that have been released, Drake's wit and humour are consistent throughout. Maybe his "appearance" is more rugged, but that's probably caused by circumstance of the story. I find he's still funny and light hearted as before.

falconzss

i don't like where things are heading with these pre-order incentives bound to specific retailers.
can't they give us a nice limited edition box set?

anyway, the rest of the year is going to be so heavy on my pockets :p

GameStop
Exclusive first access to the Multiplayer Demo and the downloadable Revenge Attribute
The Revenge Attribute is one of the last boosters that you can unlock in the multiplayer campaign. This bonus allows you to unlock the "Revenge" booster right from the start of your multiplayer campaign.

:lol

The clerk at Gamestop gave me one of these when I bought Infamous. According to the card, the Multiplayer Demo starts up in August.

Chrange

Banned
Multiplayer weapon skins, fine. Multiplayer bonuses? That's bullshit. Why give people an advantage just because they have a Game Crazy or Gamestop near them?

neoism

It's going to be weird playing this game in October, mainly because I associate this game with summer time, it just screams summer blockbuster, still really glad though. I'm not getting any more games til MW2 so I should have plenty of time to play the hell out of this! I got the first one for my birthday in June last year and I didn't really love it, some parts reeeeaaallly got on my nerves. I replayed it this summer and loved it to death,:lol an awesome gaffer gave me a beta code and now this series is a must play/buy for me!

DMeisterJ

Banned
Is pleased!!!!

Cover art looks good, and release date is good so it will have 3 weeks in NPD, an if it releases early like last time, it will still be in NPD.

Like the cover art, but my GAF Collection version is better. :p

The upper left hand corner makes up for it though.
28ivm1z.png

Late to the Uncharted orgy! Saw this from work via phone, but I'll add:

I think the cover looks good, but could be better.

Release date is perfect.

I Echo the preorder bonus being shit. I expected a special edition, at least some creative tin case instead.
Do it Naughty gods... please

The revenge booster preorder is a really bad idea.

Cant wait for the Uncharted 2 platinum! :)

Man playing games after looking at Uncharted 2's production values make you realize just how...inferior they are to ND. God's in the flesh.

noah111

Still Alive
evolution said:
Thats a smart release date, but i wonder where R&C will fall now. Its dead if its released any later than october.
Oh crap, didn't think about that... Hmm, so it basically has to launch before MW2 and U2? If it releases after U2 they'll only have a 30 day window. :\

Hyphen

Not really too bothered about the cover, but I'll be a little disappointed if a proper 'Special Edition' of some kind isn't released. Drake's Fortune is still my favourite PS3 game so far. Cannot wait for Among Thieves. Done my best to do the whole 'media blackout' thing to keep things fresh upon release. Haven't seen any video, but have glanced at a handful of screenshots and concept art. Man, I can't wait... :D

DMeisterJ

Banned
KilgoreTrout said:
Like the cover art, but my GAF Collection version is better. :p

The upper left hand corner makes up for it though.
28ivm1z.png

Ehm, there are supposed to be '2's between the exclamation points.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So did the australian jbhifi exclusive get removed? It was up a few days ago but now when i check the website it's just the standard version. They had a steelbook up for pre-orders, google cache found the image!

2r450tu.jpg

Top Bottom