• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Yagharek

I finished this last night, and while the game on the most part was excellent, I have one question about an early bit in the game that still bugs me. (Related to a bit in chapter 18 or 19. Dont highlight the spoiler if you havent passed that).

How in the hell did the nazi sub get up that high? It was on a different island to the one that had the u-boat dock, wasnt it?

Kittonwy

Banned
RandomVince said:
I finished this last night, and while the game on the most part was excellent, I have one question about an early bit in the game that still bugs me. (Related to a bit in chapter 18 or 19. Dont highlight the spoiler if you havent passed that).

How in the hell did the nazi sub get up that high? It was on a different island to the one that had the u-boat dock, wasnt it?

The nazis were obviously diong something there and the sub got stuck during flood season.

ckeur

I finallt started the game like a week ago or so, and just beat it a day or two ago. Great game... short but I was telling my roommate, I would rather have a game with a good story line and short gameplay, but is great rather than a game with a long SP campaign with a crappy story.

=) Good story, glad I played it and plan on playing it again at some point, after I beat the MGS: Essential Collection etc.

batbeg

TheGuardian said:
As much as I loved Uncharted, I hope they show a new Jak game at this year's E3, then Uncharted 2 in 09

This.

Played Uncharted on my girlfriends PS3 last week, fun game and I really did enjoy it, but I just want a Jak game so much right now.

Fucking beautiful game, and though I'm not much for shooters I really enjoyed the combat (though I had a smartass girlfriend to laugh at me if I died), the only thing I didn't like was the
zombie things. I felt they were believable enough in the story line, and I guess that was kind of my problem. I knew there were going to be monsters, I just expected bigger and better, rather than annoying and humanlike.

Madman

ckeur said:
Yep, you are correct. According to his save data, its about 49% of the way through the game, which is less than half way. :)
There are
chapters. He is quite a bit less then halfway.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completed Uncharted on crushing today....

C-R-U-S-H-I-N-G-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!

SUCK IT DOWN KITTOWNY YOU WERE ONE OF THE DOUBTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M THE BESSSSST! I DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2hhfvwk.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
isamu said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completed Uncharted on crushing today....

C-R-U-S-H-I-N-G-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!!-!-!

SUCK IT DOWN KITTOWNY YOU WERE ONE OF THE DOUBTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M THE BESSSSST! I DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2hhfvwk.gif

Congratarulations!!!111!!!
gladtomeetya.gif

ckeur

Madman said:
There are
chapters. He is quite a bit less then halfway.

I realize that, and I have beaten the game. But you are assuming that each chapter is the same length, which is false.
The last chapter, 22, for example is quite a bit shorter than the rest, as is 21.

I'm not saying that he is or is not half way through the game, I'm just saying using chapter numbers is not a valid method of determining progress.

Tntnnbltn

Paging Kittonwy. Paging Kittonwy.

Saw this on special today and simply had to have it.

Now to get my mind blown from the absolute awesomeness. Rwar.
osvbb8.gif

Tntnnbltn

cyclone87 said:
I got mine on release day at JB Hifi for $79. Oddly enough I haven't seen it anywhere that cheap since then.
They are selling them for $100 pre-owned at EB Games. *shudder*

The game froze when loading the second cutscene. :( The screen stayed black, and all I could hear was waves and seagulls. Then it wouldn't even let me use the PS button. A restart fixed it, but now I'm hell paranoid my PS3 drive is going to fail :(

And during the start of the second chapter, each texture took half a second to load. Bang, there's the moss. Bang, there's the plants. Bang, there's the fabric on Sully's shirt.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Tntnnbltn said:
They are selling them for $100 pre-owned at EB Games. *shudder*

The game froze when loading the second cutscene. :( The screen stayed black, and all I could hear was waves and seagulls. Then it wouldn't even let me use the PS button. A restart fixed it, but now I'm hell paranoid my PS3 drive is going to fail :(

And during the start of the second chapter, each texture took half a second to load. Bang, there's the moss. Bang, there's the plants. Bang, there's the fabric on Sully's shirt.
That's in ALL Uncharteds.

Madman

ckeur said:
I realize that, and I have beaten the game. But you are assuming that each chapter is the same length, which is false.
The last chapter, 22, for example is quite a bit shorter than the rest, as is 21.

I'm not saying that he is or is not half way through the game, I'm just saying using chapter numbers is not a valid method of determining progress.
Some of the early ones are short as well, but in general it works. It's better then the percentage system since he is not halfway through at 9.

NeonBlade

Banned
I'm also playing on Crushing, ( I missed 8 treasures on my first run ) ALSO ~ I'm trying to crack 20 dudes necks, brutal combo 5 guys in a row and iron hands 5 guys in a row, and I think I'm trying to attempt this on the wrong difficulty setting. :lol

I'd like to attempt the crushing difficulty but then I remember how damn hard that underground waterway fortress shooting section was on normal and I think the game would break me.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
klee123 said:
Seriously, more copies of this game needs to be sold. It's been ages since I've replayed a game this much. I'm just about finished with crushing difficulty, but chances are, I'll have the urge to play through it again. Some people find the gun battles repetitive, but I find them so much fun. Like when you have to constantly move around from cover to cover avoiding nades or your enemies flanking you in crushing mode, it is pure gameplay bliss.

Beautiful post. Couldn't have said it better.

By the way, I have never played a Splinter Cell game before. If I like Uncharted would I like any of the Splinter Cells?

isamu said:

By the way, I have never played a Splinter Cell game before. If I like Uncharted would I like any of the Splinter Cells?

Splinter Cell games are pretty good but I wouldn't compare them to Uncharted in anyway.

zoukka

isamu said:

Less shooting, more sneaking and planning. Try Chaos Theory it's pretty awesome.

Lince

Banned
testament to how awesome and fun this game is... I decided to try my DS3 with all of my PS3 games and when it was Uncharted turn I ended up replaying the game from start to finish :lol

Uncharted 2 is my most hyped/anticipated game ever.

Like when you have to constantly move around from cover to cover avoiding nades or your enemies flanking you in crushing mode, it is pure gameplay bliss.

yeah beating Uncharted on "crushing" made me feel like a hardcore gamer for the first time in my life :lol

edit: buy the game motherfuckers

AmMortal

Banned
Lince said:
testament to how awesome and fun this game is... I decided to try my DS3 with all of my PS3 games and when it was Uncharted turn I ended up replaying the game from start to finish :lol

Uncharted 2 is my most hyped/anticipated game ever.

yeah beating Uncharted on "crushing" made me feel like a hardcore gamer for the first time in my life :lol

edit: buy the game motherfuckers

I have it but didnt even finish......kill me now. T_T

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Gonna eat some crow here. The Jungle in Uncharted, looks as good as anything in Crysis. As realistic? No. As tasty? Yup.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I have had some high praise for this game in this thread. But now that I'm near the end, I think Uncharted is a bit too repetitive, with too many gun fights. On the other hand, it does look incredible and the ambiance is fantastic.

M3Freak

Banned
RandomVince said:
Maybe it's just me, but it seemed to be high-ish up in the mountains, that area.

No, it's not just you. A sub-marine marooned on a cliff, with a waterfall behind, and another one in front, was left there because the rainy season was over??! WTF kind of rainy season results in water filling the entire VALLEY?!?!

The "rainy season/flood" explanations make absolutely no sense.

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
No, it's not just you. A sub-marine marooned on a cliff, with a waterfall behind, and another on in front was left there because the rainy season was over??! WTF kind of rainy season results in water filling the entire VALLEY?!?!

Teh rain god had a full bladder that season.
Indifferent2.gif

Forsete

Played the game again yesterday (to pass time until GTA4 hits).. I forgot how amazing the game is. Really top notch quality all the way through.

Please announce Uncharted 2 soon.

Spoit

M3Freak said:
No, it's not just you. A sub-marine marooned on a cliff, with a waterfall behind, and another one in front, was left there because the rainy season was over??! WTF kind of rainy season results in water filling the entire VALLEY?!?!

A wizard did it.
Zombies?! Come on.

Forsete said:
Played the game again yesterday (to pass time until GTA4 hits).. I forgot how amazing the game is. Really top notch quality all the way through.

Please announce Uncharted 2 soon.
Yeah, I started going through it again (hard this time) too recently and I'm amazed at how much fun I'm having even though I've done everything once (some twice) already. The unlocks really make a difference.

urk said:
Gonna eat some crow here. The Jungle in Uncharted, looks as good as anything in Crysis. As realistic? No. As tasty? Yup.

yeah, its not as impressive technically, but the game just looks lovely artistically....particularly the bloody jeep sequence...after playing crysis I went back to that stage... and yes, still impressive as hell

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
nelsonroyale said:
yeah, its not as impressive technically, but the game just looks lovely artistically....particularly the bloody jeep sequence...after playing crysis I went back to that stage... and yes, still impressive as hell

That's the sequence that did it. Delicious graphics, nomnomnom.

nelsonroyale said:

That whole game (especially with rumble) was excellent. The
u-boat, fort, etc.
areas were just beautiful.

Finished this last weekend finally, fantastic and we need more games like it. Graphics are artistically and technically great (although i could do with less screen tearing), soundtrack is really good, and I enjoyed the story and the gameplay. Now to just start the lengthy wait for Uncharted II (although I'd love a Jak game with this engine as well).

EDIT: also was glad I waited to get Dualshock 3 to finish.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So I bought my friend (a diehard Xbot, Xbox was his first console) a PS3 as a sort of "I'm so awesome" practical joke this weekend and I gave him my copy of Uncharted to play on Sunday. And aside from the fact that he totally loves it (and went out and bought a Dual Shock last night, lol), I am sooo impressed watching him play it again. I notice things I didn't even see when I played it, and he's so into finding all the treasure that I missed when I played that I really appreciate the hiding spots. And he's an amazing shot (must be all the Gears coop we did!) so he's really making the game look incredibly good.

God, the graphics are so unbelievable in this game. Just looking at some of the textures is like holy shit.

Kittonwy

Banned
Y2Kev said:
So I bought my friend (a diehard Xbot, Xbox was his first console) a PS3 as a sort of "I'm so awesome" practical joke this weekend and I gave him my copy of Uncharted to play on Sunday. And aside from the fact that he totally loves it (and went out and bought a Dual Shock last night, lol), I am sooo impressed watching him play it again. I notice things I didn't even see when I played it, and he's so into finding all the treasure that I missed when I played that I really appreciate the hiding spots. And he's an amazing shot (must be all the Gears coop we did!) so he's really making the game look incredibly good.

God, the graphics are so unbelievable in this game. Just looking at some of the textures is like holy shit.

You're quite a friend. Friends let other friends play Uncharted.
gladtomeetya.gif

methane47

Y2Kev said:

you wanna be my friend?

jett

D-Member
Y2Kev said:

Am I not your friend? :( :(

Wow there must be something wrong with my game / ps3. I just hit chapter 6 and Ive probably died 40+ times so far.
The hit detection is freaking awful. Ive had bullets completely pass thru enemies time and time again, even at point blank.
Ive had Drake get stuck in cover and / or actually get stuck inside walls. The aiming speed is really sluggish too even with maxed out speed.
So whats the deal? is it a bad copy / my ps3 messed up? Ps3 seems fine with other games tho. I was really digging the atmosphere and story
but the gunplay is totally killing the game for me, completely sucking the fun out of the game and turning it in to one of the most frustrating gaming experiences Ive ever had. >.<

Top Bottom