• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

arne

Fersis said:
Yeah, i think that it is Phyrengine not Firengine.
Sorry about that.
PD:Uncharted rocks.

Ha, I didn't catch that either.
Regardless, one of our ICE team guys is the one that told me that. So I would presume it's true, regardless of spelling. :)

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I bought this game for 5 bucks about 2 months ago. I never popped it in my PS3 or even touched the case since I got it.

I've been wanting to play it but I just haven't.

I'm going to this week though, I'm expecting great things.

Brandon F said:
This thread title still makes me want to punch someone a year later. GAF at its lowest.

Seriously WTF happened with this thread. I had a pretty nice thread all ready to go when Steve decided to
drop his 3 weeks early. Ahhh Im still mad.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BruceLeeRoy said:
Seriously WTF happened with this thread. I had a pretty nice thread all ready to go when Steve decided to
You have to do the Uncharted 2 Official thread

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
2real4tv said:
Arne any hints to what the next project is:D ...had to try
It begins with 'U' and ends with 'ncharted 2' ...:D

2real4tv said:
Arne any hints to what the next project is:D ...had to try

The next project is Uncharted 2. Been pretty much confirmed by multiple people at Naughty Dog.

From the hints that "Naughty Dog usually develops one franchise each gen and sticks to it" to "I'm taking a tropical vacation after the development of Uncharted 1 to get me some inspiration on the next project".

Fersis

Jack Scofield said:
I still don't understand it.
Im not from US so the only thing i understand is Handjob and Awesomesauce. :lol

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Brandon F said:
This thread title still makes me want to punch someone a year later. GAF at its lowest.

BruceLeeRoy said:
I remember pretty clearly, the thread title was something perfectly normal until one of the mods changed it to what it is now.

jett said:
For some reason I thought arne worked at Microsoft...
He used to, but he's with ND now.

arne

jett said:
For some reason I thought arne worked at Microsoft...

It's been over a year since I left that role. Short stint at Vivendi and now at ND.

I'm pretty dismayed nobody wants to believe we're jointly developing a Jak universe MMO with SOE.

Fersis

arne said:
It's been over a year since I left that role. Short stint at Vivendi and now at ND.

I'm pretty dismayed nobody wants to believe we're jointly developing a Jak universe MMO with SOE.

Did you worked on Microsoft Games Studio ? or like the Office team or something non gaming related?

Just being curious.
Oh and its not that we dont believe it, its that NOT developing Uncharted 2 is a crime against the human race.

arne said:

is this true? I hope it's true. I love Uncharted and can't wait for Uncharted 2 and all, but I really like Jak universe. I don't even play mmo and I'm interested to see what jak mmo will be like. is it platforming and racing mmo? that'd be sweet.

gbovo

arne said:

Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier?

ahuahuahua?

???

SSM25

BruceLeeRoy said:
Well its imitated dark depressing cousin Gears turned me into a Xbox believer so its only fair.

I don't see any resemblance between GeOW and uncharted, but I agree. The only reason I have an Xbox is to play gears. (Single player, I hate the multi)

Jack Scofield said:
I still don't understand it.
The 'metal bar handjob' bit referred to a short repeating gif that somebody made of Elena at the point where
she uses the jeep to bust Nate out of that cell.
The gif made it look like she was giving the metal bar a handjob. And for some reason everyone was whinging about the number of explosive barrels in the game, hence the 'barrelton' bit. Somehow Llamas never made it into the thread title though...

arne

Fersis said:
Did you worked on Microsoft Games Studio ? or like the Office team or something non gaming related?

Just being curious.
Oh and its not that we dont believe it, its that NOT developing Uncharted 2 is a crime against the human race.

I used to do work for MGS, Xbox hardware and XBL/XBLA -- I wasn't internal to MSFT though. Crazy stat is that I helped launch 2 Xbox consoles. I'm old.

Fersis said:
Yeah, why that tag ?

It's from my Vivendi days, when they were publishing a game from a little known cult 80s movies called Ghostbuster.

I'll probably have to get a mod to change that one day.

I picked this up yesterday for a bargain £12 in its well deserved platinum box...

I didn't get back home til quite late, and I'd also bought the new Tomb Raider (I haven't played that yet), so it was midnight by the time I started playing Uncharted. The lack of installs and load times was most welcome, but it also meant that there was no let up in the gameplay for my mind to kick in and think - "Hey its 5am, maybe you should go to bed now".

The graphics are fucking awesome. Probably my favourite looking game on PS3 so far.

I don't much care for the combat. Its not that its bad, because technically, they work/control very well. I just find I enjoy the exploration/jumping-about and set pieces more than I do the regular gun fights. In fact, everytime I come to an area with small walls in it I think "Ugh. Another gunfight"... the jail breakout and jeep chase was great though, and I've just started the Jetski escape sequence.

All in all, definitely not one to miss if you've still not played this and own a PS3. I mean - holy shit - best £12 I've spent all year!!

Fersis

arne said:
I used to do work for MGS, Xbox hardware and XBL/XBLA -- I wasn't internal to MSFT though. Crazy stat is that I helped launch 2 Xbox consoles. I'm old.

It's from my Vivendi days, when they were publishing a game from a little known cult 80s movies called Ghostbuster.

I'll probably have to get a mod to change that one day.
Daamn! (Pronnounced as 'DAAYUUUM!')
Thats some impressive resume you have there buddy.

So how is to move from a big place like MGS to a smaller like Naughty Dog?

The Uncharted 2 teaser made me go back and play Drake's Fortune again. I love the game, but I've always wished that Navarro would have played a bigger role in the game.

Sure, he takes center stage near the end, but otherwise I think he's wasted potential. He seemed like a perfect foil for Nate, someone in the prime of life who could hold his own in a fight. He actually felt like an evil version of Nate (maybe that's why I like playing as his character model). I just think it would have been nice to see him more often. Roman was great, but was more of Sully's nemesis.

DoomGyver

After completing it 100% prepatch I decided to delete my gamesave and download the update for trophies.

Just beat it on hard, got all the treasures and most of the trophies, Crushing here I come.

I <3 this game.

Aladuf

Banned
I've been craving to play this again since I saw the Uncharted 2 teaser last night too. Now I just need to score a copy of it again since I sold it a while back.

Full Recovery said:
After completing it 100% prepatch I decided to delete my gamesave and download the update for trophies.

Just beat it on hard, got all the treasures and most of the trophies, Crushing here I come.

I <3 this game.
I saw you playing it earlier, it must have been one or two solid run-through's for you because you were playing it for a damn while today.

Brandon F said:
LTTP but your post makes me want to punch you a year later :p
Just because the thread isn't all "professional" and "viral marketed"and "BruceLeeRoy"-ed doesn't mean you have the right to punch someone :(

The Chef

shagg_187 said:
LTTP but your post makes me want to punch you a year later :p
Just because the thread isn't all "professional" and "viral marketed"and "BruceLeeRoy"-ed doesn't mean you have the right to punch someone :(

You think Bruce is a Viral Marketer? I would have expected more from you shagg.

DoomGyver

Aladuf said:
I saw you playing it earlier, it must have been one or two solid run-through's for you because you were playing it for a damn while today.

Once you start you can't stop :lol it's almost like watching a movie, I have to watch it until the end and in one sitting.

Kittonwy

Banned
I wuv UNCHARTED!!!111!!!
angry.gif

I find easy and normal to be about the same. But I tried hard last week and the difficulty skyrocketed. I don't even want to try crushing but I want infinite ammo!
angry.gif

vicissitudes said:
I find easy and normal to be about the same. But I tried hard last week and the difficulty skyrocketed. I don't even want to try crushing but I want infinite ammo!
angry.gif
Using the in-game cheats? WEAK. I beat the fucking sewer with nothing but 30 of the crappy pistol bullets on crushing. Man the fuck up.

Truespeed

arne said:
Ha, I didn't catch that either.
Regardless, one of our ICE team guys is the one that told me that. So I would presume it's true, regardless of spelling. :)

Ah, the PSSG cross-platform and multi-core engine. It will always be PSSG to me. When I first saw the name change, I subconsciously pronounced it "Free Engine"

Playing through a Trohpy run and to unlock crushing.

This is still the best new franchise of this generation.

I hadn't played a Naughty Dog game since the first Playstation. But Uncharted has really shot them up to being one of my favorite developer studios.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Played it 3 times already before the Trophy patch...should I got for the Trophies?
I'll probably replay it again after I beat PoP.
<3 Uncharted!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Uncharted still remains as my favorite PS3 game. I hope I can get in for a focus group test for Uncharted 2, haha. :)

arne said:

Makes sense, maybe SOE will actually have a good game besides Everquest and Field Commander. How many employees does SOE have though? With constant support for Everquest, and also developing The Agency, DC and Free Realms, they must be pretty big to co develop a Jak MMO. I know ND has about 85 people, so that's kind of small, is this Jak MMO supposed to come out in 2009?

Blu_LED said:
Does anyone know if Amy still reads the site? Did she ever make an account?
Nothing catches the eye of a woman like Metal Bar Handjob Barrelton Awesomesauce. Seriously though whoever changed the Topic titles for this thread and the CoD4 thread should be ashamed.

The Chef said:
You think Bruce is a Viral Marketer? I would have expected more from you shagg.
OMG I didn't mean that :p
What I meant to say is that just because everyone isn't the grandmaster of official thread, doesn't mean every official thread should have his trademark all over it. This thread was and is till awesome!

Bruce is definitely the SHIT, though! :)

Top Bottom