• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

DrPirate

Banned
mYm|17| said:
borrowing the game from a friend of mine. I will trust GAF that this game is the best thing since sliced bread:D

Don't expect the best thing since sliced bread.

Go in ready for anything and just enjoy the ride. You'll appreciate that you did.

I've been really tempted to replay this game since the reveal of Uncharted 2 (can't wait for the 14th!), but my backlog is huge! I still need to finish Valkyria Chronicles and a bunch of other games.

What to do, GAF, what to do. :(

makingmusic476 said:
I've been really tempted to replay this game since the reveal of Uncharted 2 (can't wait for the 14th!), but my backlog is huge! I still need to finish Valkyria Chronicles and a bunch of other games.

What to do, GAF, what to do. :(

Once you play this game you won't be able to put it down until you beat it

This is true. Uncharted is one of those few games you want to complete in a sitting.

It's so flawed, yet so awesome. Definitely a PS3 highlight to this day.

Well I finally got Uncharted yesterday and just had enough time to play through the opening sequence.

I have to say at least visually, it is quite a ways from the incredible looking demo I remember playing over a year ago. Now maybe I've been spoiled recently, but please tell me that the early part of the game is not indicative of what is to come.

Zen

Banned
The game looks better than the demo, I don't know what you mean there.

But the game looks better and better with each new area, more or less.

BeeDog

Opus Angelorum said:
Well I finally got Uncharted yesterday and just had enough time to play through the opening sequence.

I have to say at least visually, it is quite a ways from the incredible looking demo I remember playing over a year ago. Now maybe I've been spoiled recently, but please tell me that the early part of the game is not indicative of what is to come.

Beginning is the weakest part, it gets much, much, much better as you progress.

Schrade

Opus Angelorum said:

The demo was the worst part of the game, in my opinion. The full game is leaps and bounds above just that section in the demo.

EktorPR

Android18a said:
This is true. Uncharted is one of those few games you want to complete in a sitting.

It's so flawed, yet so awesome. Definitely a PS3 highlight to this day.

Wat.

No, it isn't.
RAWR!1!1

I finally began playing again for the first time since September 10... but now I found out that I can no longer get trophies!?

The save I left off at had 25 treasures found and I have the trophy for finding 25 treasures. I played the game for 90 minutes today and found 40 trophies total now, but I never got the trophies for finding 30, 35, and 40 treasures. The medal screen shows a grey trophy with an X below it. I looked this up and apparently this means I can no longer get trophies. This has happened to other people before and they don't seem to know why either.

So now I'm forced to start from the beginning if I want to earn more trophies... WTF...

DoomGyver

DIrtyWeasel said:
I finally began playing again for the first time since September 10... but now I found out that I can no longer get trophies!?

The save I left off at had 25 treasures found and I have the trophy for finding 25 treasures. I played the game for 90 minutes today and found 40 trophies total now, but I never got the trophies for finding 30, 35, and 40 treasures. The medal screen shows a grey trophy with an X below it. I looked this up and apparently this means I can no longer get trophies. This has happened to other people before and they don't seem to know why either.

So now I'm forced to start from the beginning if I want to earn more trophies... WTF...

Kinda sucks, but it's Uncharted man... look at it as a gift that keeps on giving. :D

I deleted all my save files and started from scratch, and the grey X on the medal screen is now gone... but I still can't get trophies!!!

I thought I'd make an attempt to get a trophy to check if trophies would work again. I never really did brutal combos so I decided to give it a shot this play through. I got the medal for "Brutal Brawler" but I did not get the corresponding "Brutal Brawler" trophy... Why are my trophies STILL not working for this game!?

SpokkX

DIrtyWeasel said:
I deleted all my save files and started from scratch, and the grey X on the medal screen is now gone... but I still can't get trophies!!!

I thought I'd make an attempt to get a trophy to check if trophies would work again. I never really did brutal combos so I decided to give it a shot this play through. I got the medal for "Brutal Brawler" but I did not get the corresponding "Brutal Brawler" trophy... Why are my trophies STILL not working for this game!?

I had problems with tropies when I used more than one save-game. Using just the built in auto-save it worked for me.

Played through the game on hard a couple of days ago and got all the troppies I "should" have gotten.

Game is even better than I remembered it

DIrtyWeasel said:

You CANNOT use chapter load or switch to a different existing save game. Even if that save game was created after the trophy patch.

The ONLY way to get trophies is to start a brand new game from scratch. There is no 2 ways around it.

Truant

Schrade said:
The demo was the worst part of the game, in my opinion. The full game is leaps and bounds above just that section in the demo.

Seriously? I might give this another shot. I hated the shooting, and I tried it just after having played Crysis. That might have had something to do with it.

PuppetMaster said:
You CANNOT use chapter load or switch to a different existing save game. Even if that save game was created after the trophy patch.

The ONLY way to get trophies is to start a brand new game from scratch. There is no 2 ways around it.
Back in September I used to always load different saves and I could always get trophies...?

Like I said in my previous post, I already erased every Uncharted save file from my PS3, started over from scratch, and it still won't give me trophies. So it seems like there's more to it than that.

Truant said:
Seriously? I might give this another shot. I hated the shooting, and I tried it just after having played Crysis. That might have had something to do with it.
I didn't care for the demo at all. I bought the game for $30 from Amazon and ended up enjoying it.

Until this trophy problem that is. Am I being punishment for not playing the game for 3 months? :lol

Mdk7

I bought and beat the game last week, despite my cold feelings towards it (nothing but prejudices, don't know why but i wasn't feeling it).
NEVER i've been so wrong in 20 years of gaming: what a masterpiece this game is, from every single point of view.
The graphics are INSANE (IMHO the best ever on console, soooo much better than GoW 2), the colors so vivid and lush, the characters just amazing in their very well defined personalities, the acting top notch, the script beautiful, the sound perfect...
And the gameplay of course totally delivering, sooo fucking fun to play.
This game is a blast, hands down the best experience on PS3.

And i honestly feel that Sony should have pushed this one A LOT more, this should have been a sort of Halo or Gears for PS3.

Can't wait for the sequel, hoping they do NOT put stealth mechanics in it (since i passionately hate every form of stealth :p).

What to say? Uncharted was the main reason for my PS3 purchase last year and the experience delivered --and that's to say a LOT since 95% of the games I look forward to end up disappointing me.

djkimothy

I just wanted to say I just platinumed Uncharted. Last trophy was to finish the game in crushing mode.

HOLY HELL. I actually thought I'd have an impossible time with this. The computer is so cheap with their flukey head shots.

I was surprised how quickly I finished the last chapter. That gave me so much troubles at easier difficulties. I quickly learned that you can
use the wall to the right for cover.

I have to say though that playing through crushing I learned how frustrating the cover mechanic is in this game. Cause the cross hairs don't appear until you "aim" it makes precision shooting unnecessarily difficult. I just improvised cover through aiming and creeping by walls.

Anyways, I am now worthy of Uncharted 2! Bring it on! :D

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just platinumed it yesterday. The hype for 2 made me go back and finish everything up. It's the only game I've finished on the highest difficulty that didn't feel like it was cheating to kill me. The AI was really good but it always felt fair.

djkimothy

RoboPlato said:
I just platinumed it yesterday. The hype for 2 made me go back and finish everything up. It's the only game I've finished on the highest difficulty that didn't feel like it was cheating to kill me. The AI was really good but it always felt fair.

I have to say, compared to Dead Space, Uncharted gave me the most challenges at the highest difficulty. A couple of instances with more enemies and their strategies are so much more aggressive. Constantly flanking you.

Dead space was nice but with stasis modules and just focusing on plasma cutter made for an easy "impossible" run. Only difficulty was that it took 1-2 more shots to kill a necromorph.

So I feel that Uncharted had a better satisfying feeling. Mind you, I still love Dead Space.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
djkimothy said:
I have to say, compared to Dead Space, Uncharted gave me the most challenges at the highest difficulty. A couple of instances with more enemies and their strategies are so much more aggressive. Constantly flanking you.

Dead space was nice but with stasis modules and just focusing on plasma cutter made for an easy "impossible" run. Only difficulty was that it took 1-2 more shots to kill a necromorph.

So I feel that Uncharted had a better satisfying feeling. Mind you, I still love Dead Space.
I plan on doing Impossible on Dead Space at some point. Resistance 2 was murder in Superhuman. Uncharted was actually fun on Crushing.

John_B

I'm playing through the game again to get all the trophies.

I just noticed in the start of Chapter 11, there is a freaking sniper rifle behind the stairway. I always found this place a bit hectic because bad guys are swarming you from both sides.

djkimothy

John_B said:
I'm playing through the game again to get all the trophies.

I just noticed in the start of Chapter 11, there is a freaking sniper rifle behind the stairway. I always found this place a bit hectic because bad guys are swarming you from both sides.

Hahah, yah. I always forget it's there after clearing the area. I find the sniper rifle difficult to use at harder levels since the aiming is so slow. So I just stick with the pistol and assault rifles.

I usually leave the sniping for the laser tag guys.

I've beaten it 3 times (hard and crushing before and after trophies) and I still want to replay this game. It's that good and I haven't had a game with a single player that had this big of a grip on me since SOTC.

I may just play through on hard with infinite ammo, alternate costumes, and the world flipped for a sense of newness.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oh shit, I forgot about the extras. Changing the color tones, mirroring the game. I think this is an excuse for me to start the game again tonight.

elcapitan

I was just playing this game at my friends place today, we just traded the controller any time one of us died. We were going through it on Crushing. It was pretty cool all the different ways we approached the game, we had a lot of fun. Uncharted is awesome, just makes me hyped up for Among Thieves. Running and gunning FTW.

I deleted my save file again and trophies still won't work.

When I view my trophies and it syncs, I always get an error message at 14%. Syncs fine for my other PSN accounts. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Trophies have been working for LittleBigPlanet and Resistance 2 though, so maybe not.

elcapitan said:
I was just playing this game at my friends place today, we just traded the controller any time one of us died. We were going through it on Crushing. It was pretty cool all the different ways we approached the game, we had a lot of fun. Uncharted is awesome, just makes me hyped up for Among Thieves. Running and gunning FTW.
Yea, I did the same thing with my cousin, though it was on Hard. It was great watching him tackle some of the areas differently than I would have done, since some of his strategies helped big time for my Crushing run.

Aladuf

Banned
In my excitement for the Uncharted 2 teaser/trailer tonight I played all the way through Uncharted yesterday for the first time since early this year and god damn, I love this game. Now I need to do a Crushing run. :D

John_B

I have completed Uncharted 6 times now.

When it was first released, I completed it on normal, hard and crushing. Unlocked everything. Then again on hard a couple of months before the trophy patch was released.

When the trophy patch arrived I was not in the mood to redo everything all over again, so I decided to wait for when Uncharted 2 was going to be announced.

All the Uncharted 2 stuff really made me want to play it again, so I deleted my save games and started on hard (in order to unlock crushing). Last week I found all the treasures, did all the trophy stuff. Then today, in one sitting, I completed it on crushing, earning the platinum trophy.

This game looks and plays so fucking good. I really wish we didn't have to wait 6-9 months for Uncharted 2.

I like how ND put animals (mostly birds) in many of the levels, though it was not until my last run that I noticed the 2 monkeys in the beginning of chapter 2. Is there a list of all the animals in the game?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
DIrtyWeasel said:
I deleted my save file again and trophies still won't work.

When I view my trophies and it syncs, I always get an error message at 14%. Syncs fine for my other PSN accounts. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Trophies have been working for LittleBigPlanet and Resistance 2 though, so maybe not.
Try these two things:

- Delete the game update file from the Game Data folder in the games XMB section. Also, delete all the save files again. Then when you start the game, it will ask you to update, and you'll start from fresh if any of the files got corrupted somehow.

- Deactivate and then re-activate your PSN account (account management, activation is one of the sub-options). Then try syncing your trophies again.

Mdk7 said:
And i honestly feel that Sony should have pushed this one A LOT more, this should have been a sort of Halo or Gears for PS3.
Yes, yes they should have. I do feel there's a disconnect between people at SCE who are able to recognize, court and nourish some of the best developer talent around, and people who should be able to understand and market their creativity and products. On the other hand, maybe the game just wasn't destined to do really great. Subject matter not appealing enough to many, no multiplayer, and who knows what else. Whatever the cause, the bottom line is the game was largely ignored in it's first showing, buried under the mounts of CG-hype behind tons of other less deserving crap. Further on, it never got all that much media attention, and thus, not much people's attention either, outside of GAF that is. Much like first GoW, another relatively badly marketed and managed property, given it's ridiculous potential - which got corrected with the sequel, which will hopefully be the case here as well. VGA showing approach is already a step in the right direction IMO.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
U K Narayan said:
Quality is subjective.

I personally think this game could use some improvements in its gameplay department.

Most games could. ;)

I've been playing through again. Naughty Dog's storytelling and sense of setting is just so good. It's a damn treat to sit through the cinematic sequences. And the score? Amazing. The production values really are on par with some of the big budget stuff that comes out of Hollywood. If Nathan Drake were balding, he could pass for Nicholas Cage. Or maybe if Nicholas Cage had hair, he could pass for Nathan Drake. Something like that.

Sandman7

I rented Uncharted and played through it and loved it (yeah, I know I am part of the problem...). All this Uncharted 2 stuff has forced me to go out and buy the game and atone for my sins.

One question to everyone here: I completed Uncharted on Hard the first time. In order to get all the trophies, can I start a new save file on Crushing and get everything in one playthrough or do I have play on Hard and then on Crushing in order to get all the trophies?

Sandman7 said:
I rented Uncharted and played through it and loved it (yeah, I know I am part of the problem...). All this Uncharted 2 stuff has forced me to go out and buy the game and atone for my sins.

One question to everyone here: I completed Uncharted on Hard the first time. In order to get all the trophies, can I start a new save file on Crushing and get everything in one playthrough or do I have play on Hard and then on Crushing in order to get all the trophies?

Yes you can get all the trophies on a single playthrough on crushing.

EktorPR

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Yes you can get all the trophies on a single playthrough on crushing.

Thing is...you need to clear it on "Hard" to unlock "Crushing"...but you already had the game save so you're good to go. :D

carlosp

Banned
i know a lot of poeple say GAF overhype thie game but in My eyes uncharted ist the resi 4 of this gen so far. it is the perfect Adventure with the Best graphics, Sound and gameplay. it ist that game i Start to play as soon as there is no other game on My List. i love the way they tell the whole story. i even hope part 2 will have less cut scenes and tell the story on going with the gameplay.

ps. in tried to kill some birds for money and jewels but i had no luck haha

urk said:
Most games could. ;)

I've been playing through again. Naughty Dog's storytelling and sense of setting is just so good. It's a damn treat to sit through the cinematic sequences. And the score? Amazing. The production values really are on par with some of the big budget stuff that comes out of Hollywood. If Nathan Drake were balding, he could pass for Nicholas Cage. Or maybe if Nicholas Cage had hair, he could pass for Nathan Drake. Something like that.
Yeah, this game is really phenomenal in its production values. The music is amazing. I love the title theme. Love it!

Rikyfree

I am having trouble downloading the trophy patch for this game, it's like it stops whenever the screen says it's downloading, then I get an error. I don't know what the problem is. I download off the psn all the time and my connection is okay. Anyone have any way to work around this?

Top Bottom