• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted : The Lost Legacy - Launch Trailer

strafer

NadineChloe_CharHeads.png

Ye knoow Chloe, we relly are The Last of Oos.

Nice of them to model her so she looks like Cladia Black. She's so gorgeous.

DieH@rd

Banned
For the love of Ganesh, skip this trailer if you have any intention of playing this game soon. :)

I was very pleasantly surprised by some environmental revelations, and this trailer spoils them almost all.

It will be creepy how the next iteration of Naughty Dog engine will do in TLOU2, let alone on PS5 (better not imagine that).

Falchion

So excited, I'm just going to download it Tuesday and hold off playing it until I'm back from vacation. It'll be the perfect game to look forward to when I get back.

Hopefully someone uploads the full movie to Youtube so I can watch it for free.

This is a standalone game, right? I don't need to have played part 4 to understand anything before jumping into this one?

Going through 4 beforehand might be useful since it would help to lower your expectations of what to expect from current gen Naughty Dog games.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Having played the game myself...man, that trailer is loaded with spoilers. I have a video going up tomorrow and purposely left out a lot of that stuff but it seems like they just went for it. Lots of later game segments in there.

If you haven't watched the trailer yet - take caution!

nampad

Having played the game myself...man, that trailer is loaded with spoilers. I have a video going up tomorrow and purposely left out a lot of that stuff but it seems like they just went for it. Lots of later game segments in there.

Thanks for the warning.

Just watched the E3 trailer because I was so hyped and then remembered why I stopped doing that, because it spoils set pieces.
Wish I didn't know the UC3 and UC4 ones before I played them.

dark10x

Thanks for the warning.

Just watched the E3 trailer because I was so hyped and then remembered why I stopped doing that, because it spoils set pieces.
Wish I didn't know the UC3 and UC4 ones before I played them.
Yeah, and Lost Legacy is a little lighter on set pieces (as you might expect) so you do not want to spoil them (don't worry - it's all amazing at least).

Oh damn it I watched it.

Seems great anyway, can't wait to play this. I wonder if its over 10 hours long.

dark10x

Oh damn it I watched it.

Seems great anyway, can't wait to play this. I wonder if its over 10 hours long.
I think that'll depend on what you do in the semi-open world. The largest portion of the game involves the area shown in various demos. It's much larger than what was in UC4 and has a lot of extra things for you to do beyond the main objectives.

Ricky_R

I think that'll depend on what you do in the semi-open world. The largest portion of the game involves the area shown in various demos. It's much larger than what was in UC4 and has a lot of extra things for you to do beyond the main objectives.

Are there a couple of references from the other games?

^
Goddamn looks so good.

Can't freaking wait!

ND are unmatched with graphics, always amazed at how good everything looks. They really push everything as far as they can.

Yup, their visuals are just nuts with the stuff they pull off and detail. And their unmatched animation.

We're back in the cycle of these Sony first party devs taking turns trying to outdo each other with ND, SSM, and Guerrilla lol.

Tyaren

Jesus. It looks even better than UC4, which is imo the 2nd best looking game I have ever played. Lets see if it can take the crown from my current number one, Horizon ZD!

I've been playing for a while now and in general it is imo indeed prettier than Uncharted 4. Not because the graphics engine is vastly improved (it's the exact same engine and I think only with The Last of Us 2 will we see a real jump), but because with the same tech as UC4 the vistas are artistically even more beautiful. They are more inspired, more impressive, also in size and at the same time more detailed.

Holly cr*p! Can not wait, 5 more days and both Uncharted the Lost Legacy and and Jack and Daxter will be in my hands!

My only gripe is that neither Sony nor any retailer will make a cool steelbook edition, so I can have the complete collection in steelbooks!

I've been playing for a while now and in general it is imo indeed prettier than Uncharted 4. Not because the graphics engine is vastly improved (it's the exact same engine and I think only with The Last of Us 2 will we see a real jump), but because with the same tech as UC4 the vistas are artistically even more beautiful. They are more inspired, more impressive, also in size and at the same time more detailed.
Hyped.

Memento

Nice!

There are clear improvements brought to The Lost Legacy over Uncharted 4, not just aesthetics and art style, that is why they couldn't stack this game to the main game (unlike Left Behind) because both don't share the exact engine codes.
With TLOU2 this will be a new iteration of their new engine with newer techs.

My main question is about pacing. I liked Uncharted 4's pacing for what it was, but nothing in the series has come close to Uncharted 2, in how it balanced climbing/exploration, combat, puzzles, set pieces, and downtime.

From what I've read, I like that it sounds like there is more temple exploration in this.

TissueBox

Had a bit of a rollercoaster of impressions going up to this but now I'm settled back into WANT mode... perfect price tag too!

My main question is about pacing. I liked Uncharted 4's pacing for what it was, but nothing in the series has come close to Uncharted 2, in how it balanced climbing/exploration, combat, puzzles, set pieces, and downtime.

From what I've read, I like that it sounds like there is more temple exploration in this.

From what I read, people said it is not as good as Uncharted 4 with less action packed, more puzzle oriented. But what I fear the most is the lack of jokes and funny quotes in this episode which was confirmed, seeing the serious tone this game took.
I expected that tbh. It is said that there are some jokes but nowhere the new duo is as funny as the Nate/Sully/Sam team.
Looking forward to see another episode where you play Sully or Sam (Sully mostly).

Top Bottom