• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Review Thread

N7.Angel

If you found Uncharted 4 to be boring and mediocre then what was the point of entering a thread regarding it's spin off?

Because despite strong reviews you're still downing it, so you never truly had interest, no matter how high the score was.

The Spin-off could have been better than 4, especially with a "new cast" and the negative feedback that ND should have read, the reveal trailer was pretty interesting too.

I was just messin' (as the title of my previous post says) but idk. Just because you have a cool avatar doesn't mean you're cool. Gotta prove yourself before you move yourself onto that pedestal from which you call one thing mediocre and say pass to another, even though most of the reviews say it was what they wanted that first thing to be.

:)

I know, I'm joking XD.

UV-6

Awesome reviews. Didn't expect anything less from Naughty Dog.

Interesting about the optional quest. Seems to be a first from the series. Wonder if this is something they plan on doing in TLOU 2.

Not Drake

I'm gonna be honest I thought it might not be up to par with other ND releases so seeing such a fantastic reception is a relief. Also I know ND probably recycled a lot of content and they had Lost Legacy stuff ready before Uncharted 4 release, but the fact U4 and TLL are just a year apart and Chloe's chapter evolved from a short DLC into a standalone 8~hours game is just insane.

Fredrik

Looks/sounds great! Sure some reviewers are grumpy and think being too similar to UC4 is somehow a bad thing but most reviewers are super-impressed.

SomTervo

Jesus i can't believe the 21st is Monday

Where is this month/year going

Ot: strong reviews, interesting for an ND game. Can't wait to play it. Been on near-blackout.

Åesop;246325408 said:
ffs really? Whats the source? Seems unfair that reviewers can show footage, but a streamer would get banned

The source is Sony. It's in the embargo guidelines.

Reviewers can show footage (like in video reviews), but that's different than livestream the entire game.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Åesop;246325408 said:
ffs really? Whats the source? Seems unfair that reviewers can show footage, but a streamer would get banned

A lot of review footage is actually pre-approved b-roll sent by Sony. I haven't watched any video reviews for this so I'm not sure if it applies here, but if you watch some and happen to see repeated gameplay or familiar footage across sites, that's why.

Gurish

The Spin-off could have been better than 4, especially with a "new cast" and the negative feedback that ND should have read, the reveal trailer was pretty interesting too.

I know, I'm joking XD.

U4's negative feedback? you mean the incredible MC and all of the GOTYs (including Gaf's) it got?

bombshell

Heads-up: In the EU store it can now be pre-ordered for free by Triple pack / Digital Deluxe owners, it was locked for purchase before. It says expected pre-load date is 21 August in my PS4 library now.

Bioshocker

It looks like Uncharted 4,5 to me. Which is good, and expected. But I won't get this day one. The Uncharted formula feels done by now.

Far to busy with Sonic Mania anyway.

xviper

so was the DLC really 8-10 hours long like they said ? ( doubt it)

and is it a climbing simulator or like the first trilogy ?

gadwn

Good and expected scores, I'm going in almost totally blind, very exciting!

No surprise over that IGN score, they have been bashing Uncharted 4 since it released on their Playstation podcast every chance they have had.

xviper

to those who say that it looks too similar to Uncharted 4, NO SHIT SHERLOCK, it's a DLC FOR Uncharted 4 but they decided to sell it alone so people that don't have UC4 can also play the DLC without owning UC4

UC4 combat was amazing and what disappointed me the most about UC4 is the lack of combat and the too much walking\climbing sections

if the DLC fixes UC4 problem and benefits from how good the gameplay is and adds more combat sections and MUCH less walking\climbing sections, then it may make up for the disappointment that is UC4

Åesop;246325408 said:
Email from Sony talks about the different embargoes and states that since the game is really story centric, you cant stream or upload extended footage until then. Reviewers only show snippets

UC4 combat was amazing and what disappointed me the most about UC4 is the lack of combat and the too much walkingclimbing sections

if the DLC fixes UC4 problem and benefits from how good the gameplay is and adds more combat sections and MUCH less walkingclimbing sections, then it may make up for the disappointment that is UC4

I'd say this almost has more exploring to combat ratio than UC4 has.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Email from Sony talks about the different embargoes and states that since the game is really story centric, you cant stream or upload extended footage until then. Reviewers only show snippets

I'd say this almost has more exploring to combat ratio than UC4 has.

I would assume its ok to stream the multiplayer, right?

lmbotiva

Finally a good game from ND and what i mean by that is that all their games are exceptional at least according to reviews, the last game they made that scored similar to this was uncharted 1, it was bound to happen, now let's hope TLOU2 is another masterpiece.

ZeoVGM

Banned
What's the consensus, action packed and well paced like Uncharted 2 or slow like Uncharted 4?

Honestly, expected something closer to a 91-92 from a high pedigree studio like Naughty Dog. Sort of like the Witcher 3 situation
Witcher 3 - 92
Hearts of Stone - 90
Blood and Wine - 91
I guess they didn't feel like putting in as much effort as CDPR, maybe busy with TLoU 2 and everything. That's a little disappointing

Are you for real?

LastNac

Never ever knew the appeal of going really big with environments, and here it seems like it wasn't to their advantage.

Keep it tight, chaotic, and constantly funneling you forward and you have what it takes to be an amazing Uncharted game.

zsynqx

I don't really wanna read any reviews, trying to avoid spoilers, but what's the general consensus on the story/dialogue? Interested if it holds up to U4 in that regard.

Never ever knew the appeal of going really big with environments, and here it seems like it wasn't to their advantage.

Keep it tight, chaotic, and constantly funneling you forward and you have what it takes to be an amazing Uncharted game.
I think TLOU had the perfect balance of given you room to explore, but still constantly funnelling you forward. Hope TLOU2 doesn't focus too much on trying to be as open as possible.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Short enough to enjoy and appreciate in the week prior to Mario+rabbits and everybody's golf

Also be a nice palate cleanser to have a short sharp game after horizon and Zelda earlier in the year

I guess the IGN review is basically on the money. But i'll buy and play it. It's a great game to get into gaming again after a huuuge summerstop.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Finally a good game from ND and what i mean by that is that all their games are exceptional at least according to reviews, the last game they made that scored similar to this was uncharted 1, it was bound to happen, now let's hope TLOU2 is another masterpiece.

you're saying this is the best game they've made since uncharted 1? lmao OK then.

LastNac

I think TLOU had the perfect balance of given you room to explore, but still constantly funnelling you forward. Hope TLOU2 doesn't focus too much on trying to be as open as possible.
Well, environmental storytelling works for TloU, it doesn't for UC.

What's the consensus, action packed and well paced like Uncharted 2 or slow like Uncharted 4?

Honestly, expected something closer to a 91-92 from a high pedigree studio like Naughty Dog. Sort of like the Witcher 3 situation
Witcher 3 - 92
Hearts of Stone - 90
Blood and Wine - 91
I guess they didn't feel like putting in as much effort as CDPR, maybe busy with TLoU 2 and everything. That's a little disappointing
JU8vmus.gif

Seriously?

george_us

If you found Uncharted 4 to be boring and mediocre then what was the point of entering a thread regarding it's spin off?

Because despite strong reviews you're still downing it, so you never truly had interest, no matter how high the score was.
Err maybe he's a fan of the earlier Uncharted games and was hoping Lost Legacy was more similar to those? That's why I'm here. I didn't like 4 all that much but 2 remains one of my favorite games ever.

MTC100

Banned
Finally some realistic scores for an Uncharted game? Sony didn't moneyhat for the Addon it seems... (excluding bribing the press with their limited press editions of the game of course)

____

What's this with IGN's Marty Sliva suddenly giving low scores to PS4 exclusives? He also gave the Last Guardian a 7.

Maybe he just doesn’t like those 2 games as much as others. A 7 isn’t low and his opinions of the game, good or bad should be reflected, right?

Top Bottom