• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Review Thread

The Spin-off could have been better than 4, especially with a "new cast" and the negative feedback that ND should have read, the reveal trailer was pretty interesting too.

This is still DLC that took them under a year to make .
There is only so much they can do in such short time.

Gurish

Never ever knew the appeal of going really big with environments, and here it seems like it wasn't to their advantage.

Keep it tight, chaotic, and constantly funneling you forward and you have what it takes to be an amazing Uncharted game.

What do you mean by it wasn't to their advantage here? are reviewers complaining about the environments being too big?

Not Drake

Finally some realistic scores for an Uncharted game? Sony didn't moneyhat for the Addon it seems... (excluding bribing the press with their limited press editions of the game of course)

Yikes. Uncharted threads are so full of shitpost I don't even know who's joking and who's serious.

DieH@rd

Banned
I guess they didn't feel like putting in as much effort as CDPR, maybe busy with TLoU 2 and everything. That's a little disappointing

You are out of your mind. This is full on Uncharted game produced in a year. I was blown away how much work they put in, and for not a second I thought that this is anything but a full Uncharted experience.

But ofc, if you are chasing high MC scores, only then you are obviously enjoying gaming because of some other stuff than me.

Ascenion

85 Meta? About what I expected. Worse than Uncharted 1 but better than Golden Abyss. Considering it's supposed to be a DLC can't say I'm disappointed.

Better than in U4. There is less combat, and with less punishing arenas.

I also quite liked puzzles.

When people say things like this, I realize they can't truly be fans of the series. What good is a TPS with little Shooting?

E9Ifa6Y.png

87 on Opencritic, 2 points higher than on Metacritc. Now that the site includes non english websites, I put more stock in Opencritic's aggregrate scores.
ND must be pleased, overall, with the critical reception as even the lower scoring reviews are positive about this entry's standing compared to the other Uncharted's.
I will repeat what I said in the other thread: this will be less divisive than UC4 on this forum and to add to that I think it will be many peoples favorite, especially those who loved the combat in the last game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
After some hemming and hawing, I ended up pre-ordering this digitally. It didn't quite work out as I'd hoped -- I ultimately ended up paying ~AUD$51.30 rather than ~AUD$44.60 -- owing to neither PSN US nor GMG US accepting digital pre-paid Visa cards, which I discovered too late, but spilled milk and all that. The game is set to unlock at 12pm local time on the 22nd, though, which I suppose is a small win.

What? Left Behind was awesome

It's honestly my fault on expectation. The game was great on character building and the story was charming enough but found the combat boring and it felt very short when I did beat it. Also didn't care for the game activities you could play but again that's on me for having wrong expectations.

Banned
My Uncharted 4 playthrough was 16 hours so I think this will be 10 to 12 hours for me or 11 to 14 hours with the optional quest. Really looking forward to this and seeing peoples screenshots!

to those who say that it looks too similar to Uncharted 4, NO SHIT SHERLOCK, it's a DLC FOR Uncharted 4 but they decided to sell it alone so people that don't have UC4 can also play the DLC without owning UC4

UC4 combat was amazing and what disappointed me the most about UC4 is the lack of combat and the too much walkingclimbing sections

if the DLC fixes UC4 problem and benefits from how good the gameplay is and adds more combat sections and MUCH less walkingclimbing sections, then it may make up for the disappointment that is UC4
Sounds like this DLC has even less combat than Uncharted 4.

More uncharted 4 sounds awesome to me , all that game needed was less climbing and more action , so sounds like they have a good balance here .

Ricky_R

Sounds like this DLC has even less combat than Uncharted 4.

I wouldn't normally mind that, but I hope the banter is as good as the other games.

Environments I know will look great during that whole downtime.

Btw, those reviewers that have said this game seems to have less combat than UC4, did they compared number of encounters only or did they do so while taking into account game lenght?

timberger

Fantastic reviews as expected. Game was always going to be good so I'm excited to get stuck into my copy and hopefully getting the first playthrough wrapped up in time for Yakuza's release.

Also see we're not short on the usual salt from certain sectors of gaf every time a ND thread is made. Have we had any of the "paid reviews" or "auto-10s because ND" dismissal posts yet?

85 Meta? About what I expected. Worse than Uncharted 1 but better than Golden Abyss. Considering it's supposed to be a DLC can't say I'm disappointed.

When people say things like this, I realize they can't truly be fans of the series. What good is a TPS with little Shooting?
Maybe people like a series for different reasons than you? Shocking, I know.

Hard not to be disappointed in the score, particularly since its scored below Left Behind. In a very busy year with a lot of games to play I think this is something I'll be giving a miss for the moment.

level1

Glad to see they didn't change tack and turn this into a shooting gallery again. I really hope Nadine's character is fleshed out and given a proper send off since her abrupt exit was one of the things that really annoyed me in U4

Fantastic reviews as expected. Game was always going to be good so I'm excited to get stuck into my copy and hopefully getting the first playthrough wrapped up in time for Yakuza's release.

Also see we're not short on the usual salt from certain sectors of gaf every time a ND thread is made. Have we had any of the "paid reviews" or "auto-10s because ND" dismissal posts yet?

Lmao just scroll up

It is, they usually don't get MC scores below 90. I've played all their games since Uncharted 1 and I can only agree with the MC score on one of their games, which is the masterpiece TLOU.
It isn't. Especially considering this isn't a full blown mainline entry.

Ascenion

Maybe people like a series for different reasons than you? Shocking, I know.

So they like the one maybe two games in the series that aren't like all the other game so in the series? Now that truly is shocking, since I'd call them an Uncharted 4 fan and not a general Uncharted fan considering none of the other games have literally back to back chapters with no kind of combat at all.

Top Bottom