• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Spoilers Thread

LiK

My only gripe with the pizza scene is there's no way anyone can hold pizza slices that big with one hand like that.

aparisi2274

My only gripe with the pizza scene is there's no way anyone can hold pizza slices that big with one hand like that.

Thats your only gripe?? I have a few... like where did they even get pizza that looks like that in some remote city in India?

FelipeMGM

I loved the moment right after, when Sam points at the pizza, his facial expression is so perfect to end on. This game gave me so much that U4 didn't.

I also was okay with Sam because he came in too late to have a real impact and was just there to spice things up for the finale.

yeah, it was a great final shot

robotrock

Banned
Thats your only gripe?? I have a few... like where did they even get pizza that looks like that in some remote city in India?

H6KeEKk.jpg

Bought the game on a whim after not being too excited about (never really like Chloe as I've seen her in other UC games), and it blew me away!! Loved Nadine and Chloe's dynamic, the enemy sequences were more manageable - I was able to stealth out of some, and set pieces were awesome. The puzzles genuinely stumped me though, which was kind of frustrating. I'm not very good at visual-based puzzles lol

If they release more games between Chloe and Nadine I'll definitely spring for them.

Overall I loved the game..

- Chloe and Nadine were great. Their chemistry was perfect.
- I actually enjoyed seeing Sam show up. It helped tie up a lot of loose ends between him and Nadine and a nice way to tie this game back to UC4 (since TLL started out as DLC to UC4).
- The side quest for the queens bracelet was great. I thought it was going to be tedious, but I enjoyed it.
- That train set piece and the final fight against Asav were top notch. When Chloe and Nadine were taking turns whopping his ass, it reminded me of the movie Death Proof when the girls beat the shit out of Kurt Russel.

My only complaint in the game were those shadow puzzles and some of the multi-ring wheel puzzles. Oy vey, what a headache...

loved the puzzles. They were fun. The shadow puzzle is actually quite easy if you think about it as "I need to move this here, and I need to put slide this piece here to prevent it from sliding to the end". The last wheel puzzle that chloe has to solve I had a tricky as time with the second time around (last night on my 2nd playthrough). spun spun spun spun spun. fun though.

got to say, the encounters with the APC in this game were top notch.

I really wanted to see more Sam, and was so happy he was in. He was the perfect ingredient to spice things up as soon as they were starting to get a bit stale.

They were a fun trio, throw Sully and Cutter in the next game with them and it'll be a blast!

jb1234

I was impressed at how they finally made me like Sam. I mostly just wanted him to go away in 4 but he fit in well here. Maybe it's because Nadine couldn't stand him.

Just disappointed that Naughty Dog continues to flounder with their Uncharted villains. Asav had potential but he simply isn't developed enough. He's barely in the first 2/3s of the game and when he finally has some significant dialogue at the end, they turn him into a raving lunatic. Which don't get me wrong, can be entertaining but the character was far more intimidating when handled with more subtlety.

Man Sam was always a fun character.
I don't get the hate.

In this he was particularly fun and gave the two mains someone to bounce off. It was a nice surprise. Well done.

Loved the ending shot, on the train tracks and with the pizza. Felt right. Felt good. (I'm hungry)

And that opening scene with Chloe and the kid is so good (and the performances in general). Their direction for scenes and voice work at ND is as good as it gets. A joy to watch those performances.

shiba5

Anyone else spend extra time looking for that token that was in the hole underwater in front of the elephant statue? I was looking for a guide and none existed since I played it before release. Was pretty awesome to find that hole on my own.

I drove the car into it so I found it pretty fast.

Grisby

I could go for a Chloe Nadine and Sam game. Maybe they form their own thief group.
My favorite part of the entire game:

36371785070_7df876a90b_o.png

36371786840_745a3f1a3e_o.png

I was over moon. Naughty Dog know exactly what they are doing, lol.
That was a really good scene. The elephants spoke broadly for the setting you're in.ND was getting me to care about this digital space.

Shambala

Y’all crazy, I loved the game but nah I missed drake. They can’t replace just hearing his voice in those games. I was low key hoping he showed up lol

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I really fucking loved the bit where Sam's making fun of Orca's mullet and Nadine has that shit-eating grin trying not to show Sam she's enjoying it.
Yep, I like little details like that. Made it even funnier.

Nadine: "Relax, you'll live longer"

Chloe: "I'm so proud"

Sam: "What just happened?"

Don't know why but I just loved this moment
Me too. All these little moments are what I like the most about Uncharted, tbh. These games ooze charm.

That and the elephant scene. :3 Even better than the Last of Us giraffe scene, honestly. Probably because you found that stuck one and it's all so sad :3 and then you save it and get to ride it and reunite it with her family and that's so cool :3 plus I love elephants :3

:3

WoolyNinja

And the credits roll...
For me that was a better Uncharted than Uncharted 4. It had all the laughs, charm and brisk pace of the first 3 games that was sorely missing in 4.

I hope we get another $40 Uncharted starring Chloe and Nadine as I thought the voice actors worked well together and had me smiling from beginning to end.

I especially thought the part where you realize her dad had made it to the hidden city was perfectly written, edited and voice acted.

Amazing game!

hbkdx12

Have a question as i seemed to have missed something.

When you first get to chapter 4 and the lil open world area, Asav is already there and then he takes off. Then you start making the rounds to get the water flowing and all that. Then once you're inside eventually he starts chasing you with the APC.

Where was he all that time and where did he come from?

So far, reading the OT and here, lots of people are liking this more than 4. The word fun comes in a lot. UC4 just got too serious for its own good. That slowness and sombreness really sapped its pulpy tone. I need to replay UC4 soon (but I didnt feel like it because of the horrible young drake sequences)

hbkdx12

So far, reading the OT and here, lots of people are liking this more than 4. The word fun comes in a lot. UC4 just got too serious for its own good. That slowness and sombreness really sapped its pulpy tone. I need to replay UC4 soon (but I didnt feel like it because of the horrible young drake sequences)

Yep. That's exactly how i feel.

Cross posting from the OT

Such a great piece of content and i feel like it does a great job of harkening back to the magic of UC1 and UC2, It has the singular locale of UC1 and the unmitigated treasure hunter feel from UC2. UC3 and 4 starts playing with the theme of whether or not Nate is past him prime in terms of the treasure hunter thing. Both games introduced a new moral angle to help Nate develop as a character over the series. Here though, both Chloe and Nadine are completely "in it to win it" so to speak where they're not tip-toeing on that whole "should we really be doing this?" theme that Nate goes through and i love it for that because you're not constantly being juxtaposed with those slower moments that almost feels like it undermines the other aspects of the game. The plot constantly moves forward and doesn't try to make you feel bad for being in on the ride.

I really hope Uncharted 5 is this trio. Leave Nathan, Elena, and Sully in their retirement home

Sully deserves a cameo but yes.

I just finished and absolutely loved it. I can't believe they created this in just over a year, with two new directors, and managed to keep the quality so insanely high across the board.

Just finished the game. What a ride! Chloe and Nadine have great chemistry, and were overall a lot of fun, and I loved that Sam was in the game!

I loved the group dynamic between Chloe, Nadine, and Sam. Add in Cutter and a little bit of Sully and you'd have a great new Uncharted family to carry the series.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
what's this talk about the pizza scene? i didn't see it.

ok nvm seems it happens mid credits? i shouldn't have left the room during them then. oh well :)

FelipeMGM

I'm down for Nadine, Chloe and Elena actually

Seeing how everything goes with Elena and her family on U4 epilogue, thats not the kind of work she would take really

It's funny: she takes a stab at the queen meme in that song (among others), which is even a trophy in the game. So I agree Bad Girls would've fit better

yep, but I guess most wont even go after to figure it out whats behind the lyrics

wapplew

Just finished, love it more than UC4.
Story not that complicated, villain not that memorable but pacing is great they make you forget about the weak part.
Very replayable Uncharted, level design is best one yet, lots of weapon to switch on the fly, all gun blazing feel great.
I hope we get more TLL like Uncharted every few years, cause no other game like it.

They mention the voice actors only of the English version in the credits?
Where are the voice actors of the other languages?
Where do we see them?

So I thought we would learn more about Chloe's dad. He just died and never found the tusk?

Liked the game but was hoping last set piece was more original after I heard all the hype. Still great though

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I loved the moment right after, when Sam points at the pizza, his facial expression is so perfect to end on. This game gave me so much that U4 didn't.

I also was okay with Sam because he came in too late to have a real impact and was just there to spice things up for the finale.

The writing in this game overall was so, so tight and confident.

That ending exchange with Chloe going "...Right , partner? Elbow! *high five* *laughter* Then Sam going "Ministry of Culture. You guys are hilarious! ...Oh, my god, you're serious." *credits*

That was perfect.

Sam was good in this because he was just sort of a goof ball instead of an asshole that nearly ruins his brother's relationship with his wife.

Jesus just saying that sentence makes me dislike the drama in 4 more.

I didn't care for Cutter, but I think he'd make for a good dynamic with Chloe as the lead.

But I'd love to see Chloe and Sully finally go on a trip together, like the ending of 2 implied.

BigDes

I liked Sam being in this. Having Chloe working with Nadine and not having a Drake show up would have been a bit flat. Plus Sam was hilarious in this.

I didn't care for Cutter, but I think he'd make for a good dynamic with Chloe as the lead.

But I'd love to see Chloe and Sully finally go on a trip together, like the ending of 2 implied.

I think the ending of 2 more implied he was going to go flirt with her than go on an adventure with her... unless you meant *that* kind of adventure...

Still, they could make it work.

Opening Cutscene
"Uh, which way did Chloe go?"
[Nathan points]
"See ya later."
"You're a dirty old man, Sullivan."
"Uh-huh."
[camera cuts to Sully walking through the village with Nate and Elena at the edge blurred in the background]
[Sully catches up with Chloe, taps her on the shoulder]
"Hey there little missy. Got something to tell ya."
"Sorry Victor. I'm sticking to my age group for now."
"No, no. Not that. I gotta lead on some stuff. Big stuff, and I want you to help me out."
"You do know a couple of days ago I barely escaped an insane warlord and a couple dozen crumbling bridges with my life, right?"
"And when has that ever stopped a thief like you before?"
"How big?"
"You're talking to the man that found El goddamn Dorado. Little lady, I know big. But if you're in, gotta leave quick. Plane leaves in a couple of hours."
"And what about Nate?"
"Aaah, I've put that kid through enough already. I'm hoping he's found the right time to settle down."
"Alright, you've got my attention. Fill me in on the ride."
[Chloe gets in her ride back]
"Good. Lots to tell."
[Sully hops in to. Car drives off as the camera zooms out over the village]
Lost Legacy 2

I'm down for Nadine, Chloe and Elena actually

There's really no room for any more Elena adventures anywhere along the Uncharted timeline, let alone after 4 with Nadine.

Sam was great. The group dynamic between the three in the last couple chapters was amazing. Definitely brings back some pure adventure fun that 4 sacrificed for its more dramatic tone.

There's really no room for any more Elena adventures anywhere along the Uncharted timeline, let alone after 4 with Nadine.
Just because they went legit doesn't mean they can't be at least partial involved on the side and in secret, especially with stuff like permits, visas, passports and ids, access to areas, smuggling them into places, etc.

I don't see Nate and Elena not helping a bit if Chloe. Cutter, Sam, or Sully asked.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I could be wrong about this but The Lost Legacy might be first time in Uncharted series that they are able successfully recover the main treasure from lost city.

I guess Chloe is better treasure hunter than Drake.

Top Bottom