• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unconfirmed: Gran Turismo 6 officially announced (Holiday 2013 / PS3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perkel

Banned
770494839.jpg

Quatro back there ::S

Radec

Hahahaha, business wise I still don't get this. People are going to go for this on their PS3 over Drive Club and PS4 has no BC. Either they should have delayed Drive Club and put this also on PS4, or they should have delayed this into next year so Drive Club could shine at launch. This is as dumb as Nintendo releasing Pokemon Black the month the 3DS released

Its +$60 for those who are going to buy a PS4 and Drive Club. 2 racing games on both who owns a PS3 and would be PS4.

Win-win. How is that a bad business move?

saladine1

I really doubt Kaz perceived any issues with GT5. The fact damage has been in demand so long and they released what they released. The guy is just out of touch IMO

The fact that he felt the car sounds were just too real for any changes to be made boggles the mind. He' has however finally acknowledged that they might need to be sexed up so i'm just waiting to see what his definition of sexed up is going to be..

megalowho

Seems like putting this on PS3 would discourage upgrading for GT fans, or at least makes the new hardware less desirable, which may be more harmful in the long run than the benefit of PS3's install base upfront. Going by their track record it'll be a while before we see the series make the jump now. Sony is in for a rough fight ahead, got to be as strategic as possible with their guaranteed system sellers to compete.

Its +$60 for those who are going to buy a PS4 and Drive Club. 2 racing games on both who owns a PS3 and would be PS4.

Win-win. How is that a bad business move?

So you expect someone to drop over a large amount of money on PS4+Drive Club and also buy GT6 in the same month? Well ok then

DieH@rd

Banned
Seems like putting this on PS3 would discourage upgrading for GT fans, or at least makes the new hardware less desirable, which may be more harmful in the long run than the benefit of PS3's install base upfront. Going by their track record it'll be a while before we see the series make the jump now. Sony is in for a rough fight ahead, got to be as strategical as possible with their guarantees system sellers to compete.

GT crowd will buy PS4 where they feel a need for it. Sony is in no rush to force them all to buy console now. Those users will come with the next GT game.

KKRT00

I agree. With 400-500 premium cars there's no need for ugly looking standard cars.

Except for having been able to drive them? Thats the need!

PD just should make toggle in options for standard cars, so people who dont care about cars, but buy it for just casual experience, would shut up.

spats

I do not have a uterus, but if I did, it would be ready.

How long until we get a trailer of some sorts? :33333

Radec

So you expect someone to drop over a large amount of money on PS4+Drive Club and also buy GT6 in the same month? Well ok then

So you dont expect someone who already owns a PS3 and likes driving games who are already ready to purchase a PS4 and Drive Club also buy GT6 even on the same month? Ok then.

I don't understand the hate. Good choice for Sony, this release is a pure cash bringer (low development costs, maximum profits) and it makes more room to build a Drive Club IP.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Okay now we have two event threads. So use the other one until something is announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom