• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unconfirmed: Gran Turismo 6 officially announced (Holiday 2013 / PS3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Okay, maybe true? Maybe false? Conflicting sources? I don't know which way we're going. Or which way the water's flowing...

ekim

Thanks@Hanmik:
DI6Zcrh.jpg

People thinking Polyphony could have made GT6 by the end of the year for the PS4 are nuts. They are not known for their quick production times.

Soriku

Tales From My Ass redacted?

Sony will release GT7 on PS4 instead because 7 is a lucky number. Obviously.

Razgreez

Jebus rice on a stick people, this was always going to be for the PS3.
Best move swiftly through those various stages of grief

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Meh...was hoping for at least cross-gen. I guess there's still a chance for that though.

What is? That people sell consoles when they buy new ones? No, it's not. That there are five million GT fans? Maybe, it's hard to guess how many of the player base is particularly 'dedicated'.
That a significant number do, that there are 5 million fans and that they all consider it a reason to not but another console.

Niks

I think the info is true, and goes with what I expected tbh...
The only truly disappointing piece of info is the release date. Holidays? Why release it so close to the PS4 launch? (unless you can also play it on the PS4?)

Cant wait for the reveal trailer.

Edit: Time will tell if this was a massive mistake on sonys part. I for one, would have bought a PS4 day one for GT, not anymore I guess..

The Jason

PS3 only is huge missed opportunity to have a GT game at launch on a new system. Plus it will be overshadowed by next-gen mania.

It probably will be ported to PS4 but not this year.

Shayan

Banned
Last GT game I played was 3. Is picking up GT5 for cheap worth it you think? Or I could just play Forza...

blasphemy

GT is GT

No one cares about any other franchise. This is why GT is the only franchise that sells

On topic, they might announce a PS4 version so hold your horses till e3. You can all message Shahid Kamal on this too

Are you comparing the consistent overall quality and noticeable franchise progression of the FM franchise to GT's recent re-releases? lol who are you kidding

consistent overall quality? If that means lower number of cars and inferior graphics?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
All of the cars and tracks from Gran Turismo 5 will be retained in GT6. But notable additions to the line-up of historic cars, road cars and the latest race cars, brings the total car list to 1200 at launch, with new cars set to be continually added online.

Nice, but I don't see:

"We've fixed the car-grind to where getting A/B-spec doesn't take three damn years and money isn't a chore."
"We have used the Top Gear license for more than a special event and a very narrow (can't go off track wide!) track!"
"We have made paved point-to-point tracks!"
"We have made weather look good."

So really, not really worth my time just yet unless they're holding those back for launch (hah, fat chance).

Are you comparing the consistent overall quality and noticeable franchise progression of the FM franchise to GT's recent re-releases? lol who are you kidding

forza has proven time and time again it's a standard series for standard fans while gran turismo is a premium series for premium fans

I wouldn't have released GT6 at launch on PS4 but maybe a year in would've been good. Perhaps there'll still be an upgraded version for PS4 though, next gen Forza probably won't be a long way away.

Jordan who is actually attending the event:

We've received no press releases and we are on the road now. We have been told we will receive them at the circuit. I don't think iAfrica is at this event.
So its fake.

StuBurns

Banned

So GT6 has 117 new premium cars... something is fishy.
Maybe they've taken some of the standards and done premium versions. It seems reasonable that a lot of the cars they'd like done in premium quality they would have included last time anyway.

This would have been a possible killer launch title

Dumb decision, should have been cross-gen at least
You graduated from business school? You work at Sony? You study sales trends and your job is titled professional analyst?

Why do so many posters here think they know wtf they're talking about when it comes to Sony's financial business decisions.

Perspective, there's like 3-4k users here regularly. Because a bunch of fans are ready for GT on PS4, putting it on PS3 must be the dumbest decision ever right? Forget the millions of people who are perfectly happy with there PS3/Xbox and who just want more games to play.

GT will come to PS4 when Sony is ready for it to. If you don't like it, or Drive Club isn't appealing to you as a launch game, then go see what MS is doing, or just wait for GT on PS4 to pick it up.

I just don't understand the logic here, who the hell wants Drive Club and GT6 on PS4 in the same launch period? And even if you do, if it makes more sense financially for Sony (the company that produces many of these experiences we love) to release on PS3, why not just patiently wait for a PS4 version--because you know it's eventually coming -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom