• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unconfirmed: Gran Turismo 6 officially announced (Holiday 2013 / PS3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what a GT5 press release looked like.

FOSTER CITY, Calif., Nov. 12, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC (SCEA) today confirmed that Gran Turismo® 5 will go on sale throughout North America on Wednesday, November 24.

(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20020701/SFM066LOGO)

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20020701/SFM066LOGO)

"Gran Turismo 5 is an ambitious project, with challenges and complexities which have made it our version of the Apollo Space Program!" commented Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital Inc. "When we created the original Gran Turismo back in 1997, we wanted to set a completely new precedent for the racing genre. With the technological leap onto PlayStation 3, our objective with Gran Turismo 5 was to create another great revolution which would not only satisfy our own high expectations, but would meet or even exceed the anticipation of the fans. Satisfying the loyal Gran Turismo followers is at the heart of all of our efforts, which is why it was such a difficult decision to delay the release of the game, and one which we did not take lightly. I can only apologize to everyone for making you wait so long, and I hope that when you try out the wealth of driving experiences available in Gran Turismo 5, you will not be disappointed."

In Gran Turismo 5, you can tackle the world's most famous racetracks, rendered in high-definition that is as vivid as the real thing, and get behind the wheel of some of the most legendary cars in motor racing from past to cutting-edge present. An impressive line-up of over 1,000 in-game cars will be featured, including the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce, the Lexus LFA and the McLaren MP4-12C. Players will also go head-to-head on famous legacy circuits such as Autumn Ring, Deep Forest Raceway, and the Grand Valley Speedway, in addition to renowned real-life circuits such as Nurburgring and the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

For more information on Gran Turismo 5 visit: http://www.gran-turismo.com

About the Gran Turismo® Franchise

With more than 56 million units shipped worldwide, the award-winning Gran Turismo® franchise for the PlayStation® , PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®3 and PSP (PlayStation® Portable) is regarded as the best and most authentic driving simulator ever created due to its true-to-life graphics, authentic physics technology and design. Since the inception of the Gran Turismo franchise, famed creator Kazunori Yamauchi and Polyphony Digital Inc. in Japan have revolutionized the racing category as we know it today. His offerings provide the most realistic driving simulation in the industry and a unique medium for automotive manufacturers to showcase their products.

About Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC continues to redefine the entertainment lifestyle with its PlayStation® and PS one® systems, the PlayStation®2 system, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, the ground-breaking PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system and its online and network services the PlayStation®Network and PlayStation®Store.

Recognized as the undisputed industry leader, Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC markets the PlayStation family of products and develops, publishes, markets, and distributes software for the PS one, PlayStation 2, PSP and PS3 systems for the North American market. Based in Foster City, California, Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Visit us on the Web at http://www.us.playstation.com

"PlayStation", "PSP" and the PlayStation logo are registered trademarks and "PS3" is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Gran Turismo® © 2010 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Manufacturers, cars, names, brands and associated imagery featured in this game in some cases include trademarks and/or copyrighted materials of their respective owners.

SOURCE Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC

Photo:http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20020701/SFM066LOGO
http://photoarchive.ap.org/
Photo:http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20020701/SFM066LOGO
http://photoarchive.ap.org/
SOURCE: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC

This shit is not real.

ekim

Jordan who is actually attending the event:

DI6Zcrh.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Doesn't seem like there is much new content in the press release. Would be weird.

kind of a GT5 complete collection type affair. maybe that means its just a spit and polish job on PS3 and the real meat is still reserved for PS4?

extra premium cars they can throw in on PS3 because they're making them for PS4 anyway, that kind of thing.

MarkusRJR

If this turns out to be true that'd be a waste. PS4 is going to need some big hits once it releases, and GT6 on PS4 would be a killer launch window title.

Withnail

Can't believe people still doubt this after all the confirmation we've had, including verbal confirmation from the Sony VP of first party software. LOL

Three points I would make:

Maybe this was the missing piece in the PS3 2012 line up and is a year behind schedule.
Personally I don't think Sony would want a GT game at a console launch even if PD could deliver one. PS4 will be supply constrained and PD have enough issues without working on changing hardware and beta tools.
Every dev made huge improvements in their second PS3 game. I cannot wait to see what this game looks like.

I haven't been on neogaf in a few days... but I'm pretty sure "unconfirmed" means that no announcement can be "official"... Silly title.

saladine1

I don't care if it's GT5:Revised Edition or GT5.5.

All I care about is if PD have overhauled the fucking audio in the game.
That is all.

I want the press release to read:

"We are introducing a completely revised audio engine that will feature all new vehicle sounds. We believe this to be the best sounding GT game to date. Fans of GT are in for a treat"..

or something like that lol..

So GT6 has 117 new premium cars... something is fishy.

1031 car at launch. Around 45 DLC cars.

Would have expected more new cars for GT6 to be honest.

PD really need to hire more people, I know they've been expanding the studio but having half or less than half the employees of most big studios means a longer wait between content. Turn 10 for example have a studio made up of around 300+ employees, and they outsource, compared to around 110 for PD who don't outsource at all.

I never thought I would see a time when I wasnt excited about a GT game. Hell I even bought Prologue on the PS3 since I am such a big GT fan, but this announcement does nothing for me. By the time this is out I will be fully onto next gen, and since the PS4 isnt BC I wouldnt even be able to play this if I wanted to.

Would have expected more new cars for GT6 to be honest.

PD really need to hire more people, I know they've been expanding the studio but having half or less than half the employees of most big studios means a longer wait between content. Turn 10 for example have a studio made up of around 300+ employees, and they outsource, compared to around 110 for PD who don't outsource at all.

We don't know how many standards were removed/upgraded to premium.

1-D_FTW

People thinking Polyphony could have made GT6 by the end of the year for the PS4 are nuts. They are not known for their quick production times.

Not really the point though. Plenty of people would have been satisfied with an PC style up port. GT 5 with excellent image quality would have looked real good. It's disappointing they're not going this route in order to help Drive Club. Drive Club is a casual game aimed at the controller crowd. I don't see why they felt the need to protect it. If it couldn't hack the competition, it probably shouldn't have been green lit in the first place.

Perkel

Banned

So GT6 has 117 new premium cars only... something is fishy.

Nothing really fishy.

500 premiums (+200 premiums from GT5)
700 standards (some got cut from GT5 standard cars)

+ mentioned DLC packs which will mean they will update that number every x month.

or they did 1200 premium cars which is not really realistic.

SparkTR

There's still a whole lot of stuff they can improve on before jumping onto next gen, I'd rather they save their PS4 outing for later instead of making a compromised cross-gen game.

Mario007

Re the PS4 version I'd actually continue to hold (a very small amount of hope) for a PS4 version even if this is just announced for PS3 right now, at least until e3. Remember last year, before e3 Sony announced PSABR for ps3 and then at e3 they announced a Vita version? They could be trying to save it as 'surprise'.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Nothing really fishy.

500 premiums (+200 premiums from GT5)
700 standards (some got cut from GT5 standard cars)

+ mentioned DLC packs which will mean they will update that number every x month.

or they did 1200 premium cars which is not really realistic.

I dunno, it's been three years. They've done 60 premiums a year? Kinda weak.

p3tran

Banned
If you want a willy waving graphics contest then it might look like bad news but seeing they are paying attention to tyres has me excited.

I agree with you.

I am very pleased to read about:
new, compact game engine
and
partnerships with KW (racing suspension manufacturer) and yokohama (tire manufacturer)

now, I know that in the various gt5 topics of gaf, suspension and tires are praised to hell and back, but for my tastes gt was lacking exactly in these parts.
so if these partnerships are like real data-exchange partnerships and not just combined marketing partnerships, then color me HYPED! 8)

Perkel

Banned
Re the PS4 version I'd actually continue to hold (a very small amount of hope) for a PS4 version even if this is just announced for PS3 right now, at least until e3. Remember last year, before e3 Sony announced PSABR for ps3 and then at e3 they announced a Vita version? They could be trying to save it as 'surprise'.

As they say:

Prepare for the worst
hope for the best

Forget the PS4 GT fans, sony is happy to announce that a PS3 is all you need.

With Beyond, Pupeteer and now GT6 the PS3's holiday line-up is stronger than the PS4's launch line-up lol.

I was considering a PS4 at launch but with all these PS3 games to plough through what's the point of adding PS4 games to my backlog?

saladine1

I agree with you.

I am very pleased to read about:
new, compact game engine
and
partnerships with KW (racing suspension manufacturer) and yokohama (tire manufacturer)

now, I know that in the various gt5 topics of gaf, suspension and tires are praised to hell and back, but for my tastes gt was lacking exactly in these parts.
so if these partnerships are like real data-exchange partnerships and not just combined marketing partnerships, then color me HYPED! 8)

Yep, kind of like Turn 10 with Pirelli and other suspension guys like H R.

That's a very good thing.

I dunno, it's been three years. They've done 60 premiums a year? Kinda weak.
The joys of a smallish studio and non outsourcing philosophy..

The Jason

This is actually a possibility, although it's more likely to happen later on (not at e3)

KingJ2002

PS3?

Maybe there will be a PS4 version afterward. I'd assume they would want to give some shine to driveclub first.

Into

A wise and funny as hell man once said:

"I don't believe in shit, til' shit happens" - Bernie Mac, R.I.P.

This seems sketchy to me, Polygon is reporting on it as if the event already happened? Are they aware it has not?

Either its true or someone is trolling these guys. Regardless we will know soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom