• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale announced for PS4/Vita, physical editions as well

Preload is done, I really can't wait to play through it again on Tuesday. Quick question, can you get the full pacifist ending on your first playthrough?

no, but you can pretty much do everything you need for the pacifist playthrough, and after the neutral ending, you'll get a phonecall and it will be possible to do what's missing for the pacifist playthrough by reloading the game, you will not need to restart completely

no, but you can pretty much do everything you need for the pacifist playthrough, and after the neutral ending, you'll get a phonecall and it will be possible to do what's missing for the pacifist playthrough by reloading the game, you will not need to restart completely

Thank you!

Kaversmed

Did something I normally don't do - pre-ordered on PSN without knowing anything about the game besides how it looks visually. I have no clue what the game is about or how it plays. I do know the cult-like status the game has and judging by the high metacritic score it's probably not too much of a bet to spend 15 bucks on. Please surprise me, Undertale. :)

MrMatt555

Are we all going Into this edition of the game unblindfolded?

I predict most of this games revenue is from double dippers

N° 2048

I have never played Undertale, I have seen like a couple of screenshots and that's it. That was enough to get me to pull the trigger. I heard it's "meta" too, I like self-aware games.

Also, Vita.

Got the game on PC for $5. Played like 30min and stopped because this got announced. I really want to play this on my Vita in bed. My only problem is that Matterfall is coming on the same day I can't decide between the two of them. 3 if you count Sonic Mania (but I'll probably wait it out for this one, unless it gets some high reviews).

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member

I played it on PC and it was a great experience (one of the very few PC games I played and finished over the last few years) , so I was all over the physical PS4 one. Doesn't matter if I only get it in December.

chemicals

this is one of those weird "doesn't need to be on new hardware" games. I know every game in the universe is eventually coming to PS4, but really. Just play the PC version. If you can run microsoft notepad, you can run this game.

pswii60

this is one of those weird "doesn't need to be on new hardware" games. I know every game in the universe is eventually coming to PS4, but really. Just play the PC version. If you can run microsoft notepad, you can run this game.
My PC is a place of work not play. Looking forward to playing on console.

mcw

I don't like to play games anywhere but my couch. When I originally played Undertale, I did it via Steam Link from the computer upstairs so that I could enjoy it on my couch-- and it was great! Looking forward to experiencing it again.

N° 2048

Naw, just play the Vita version.

Not everyone enjoys playing games on their computer.

I hate playing on my laptop. The Vita is perfect for this game.

*shrug* I like to own as many things as possible on one system, also trophies, also theme. If it makes Toby Fox more money to make another rpg, then it's worth it.

I could see where you were coming from if this game was already released on the ps3 or something but not everybody wants to play on pc, or has the means of doing so. You seem to have a strong opinion about something that has zero effect on you aside from seeing a thread about it on gaf. Every (good) game should be released on everything ever imo. Its only a positive thing.

Galang

Banned

What? Some people just prefer gaming on a console regardless. The more people that can play this gem the better. Also now that undertale is on a portable system, that makes it that much more glorious as that's the best way to experience RPGs imo

hank_tree

Can't bring my pc on the commute.

Ventara

I just want to quote you as well. It's the new hotness.

JC Lately

So I preordered and preloaded the game last night... shouldn't I have gotten an email with the code for the Dynamic theme by now?

wat

I'd heard the PS4 was inefficient at storing save data, but that's something else. I'm pretty sure that's multiple orders of magnitude bigger than on PC.
I believe the save requirements include both game file size + save data or something. A lot of games list 5 or 10 GB as requirement and once you check the save files, they are not even close to that.

God forbid people actually want to play this on their preferred console ecosystem.

FDC1

Trophies still not out yet. Last seconding them.

I saw these infos on a trophy site but I can't confirm them. I'm spoiling them just in case but there is nothing major:

Undertale has a Platinium

30 trophies. Alot of which are donating certain amounts of G's to the dog shrine.

The rest are what looks story related. (Not sure never played the game before)

All except the platinum are hidden.

FDC1

What trophy site? I am curious to see everything.

playstationtrophies.org but there is nothing more than what I posted for the moment. It was posted on their forum by an Australian player (it's already midnight there). We don't have a full list yet.

edit: I saw someone on twitch playing the PS4 version and saying the same thing so it seems real

Top Bottom