• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unintentional Sexual Tension in Fiction

bengraven

Kit and ygritt actress ended?

No they're still together. He talked about her as his partner a few months back and a few weeks ago they moved in together.

They broke up for a while but secretly got back together and eventually started being seen out together.

Seijuro

Season 1 of Arrow, Ollie and Thea. They had a way better chemistry than the supposed (ex)lovers Ollie and Laurel.

Blackage

Number one example is Jon and Sansa in Game of Thrones, but there are others.

Well considering how hard they're pushing Sansa as Cersei jr of the North it wouldn't surprise me if she ended up plowing her bastard brother with a different mother who's actually
her 1st cousin

Temp_User

hfIaV.jpg

The homoerotic "jokes" between the two is just a thin disguise for the real sexual tension just bubbling in the surface, i'd say!

orochi91

There's sexual tension between Araragi and every female character on the show, even (especially?) his sisters and it's all very intentional.

The funny part is that the character he seems to have the least amount of chemistry with is his actual girlfriend.
tenor.gif

Holy shit, that's so true, lol

Ogodei

I didn't know this commercial, and for a moment I thought this was real. I was laughing my ass off.

True. And while in the movies they just come out as best buddies and never reach the level of tension that's present between Sam and Frodo, Merry and Pippin are totally gay in the book. Way more than the other couple, actually, from what I remember.

Nah, in the books you can buy Merry and Pippin as best buds in how they interact. Just two guys off seeing the world together. A lot less touching and sentiment than between Frodo and Sam (though most of the stuff that comes off as gay to later audiences goes down in Book 6 at the end of the journey).

SOLDIER

Chrono trigger
Chrono and Marle - intentional
Chrono and Ayla - intentional
Glenn and Cyrus - unintentional
Robot and Luca - maybe intentional?

Ff7

Cloud with Barret, yuffie, aerith, tifa, zack, sephiroth, jessie - intentional

Barret and dyne - unintentional

I guess ?

For a while I felt that Barret had a thing for Tifa. If you have him in the party in Disc 2 when they

find Cloud in the wheelchair

He stops to give Tifa a long silent glance.

The later material does a better job conveying them as platonic bros.

Shit, you're gonna trigger me with PLL talk. Besides, this is a thread for *unintentional* sexual tension. If there's any shipping to be done with PLL girls, it's Moanna.

it became intentional some of the shit they did but it didn't start that way
also best ship is clearly
Crazy Spencer/Evil Mona

LordKasual

Banned
I'd totally be not surprised if Kit and Sophie are banging behind the scenes of Game of Thrones. Especially last episode you could rather... feel the tension.

I remember reading somewhere that Kit and Emilia definitely smashed at one point

in fact i'm sure alot of the younger cast is fucking the shit out of eachother

Top Bottom