• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Tournament 3 Online Thread - PREPARE FOR BATTLE

TOMORROW, I LOVE YA TOMORROW. *jazz hands*

Tomorrow, the online GOTY will be released. Notable features include Friend's list, leaderboards, online co-op for the campaign (zzz), and what not. This isn't an "official" megathread so I'm not going to fill it up with all the screenshot/video/reviews stuff.

Use this thread to discuss the game, trade user names for friend's lists, get together, etc.

Assuming there are no character issues, my name will be Tre`.

lexi

Banned
FUCK, this release snuck up on me and I have no money! SHIT.

I should be 10cky in UT3 when I hopefully find some money for it.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
As I am a complete consumer whore I will get this on Friday (UK, Grr embargo), so feel free to add me to MSN or whatever in preperation (PM me for details, as whoring it in public would be a bad move, knowing certain people here :p), can't wait to have a blast with a few Gaffers :)

Stop It

Talamius said:
Downloading via D2D now. Hope the UI gets improved (or gets modded).

Thats in the FAQ in the official UT3 forum, one of the devs has said it is being looked into, thankfully.

Cheeto

They didn't change the interface. :(

And I need an AA Hack, stat.
Untitled-1-1.jpg

mr stroke

wow, ZERO hype for this game I guess??? is there an Offical Thread in gaming discussion yet?? is someone going to make one or is everyone holding out for PS3.

Since it's a MP only game (come on, nobody seriously cares about the campaign), it's best to keep it in the online forum, much to my dismay :(.

"Since it's a MP only game (come on, nobody seriously cares about the campaign), it's best to keep it in the online forum, much to my dismay :(."

:( I'm hoping the campaign is at least decent. I enjoyed playing unreal's single player.

Cheeto

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Since it's a MP only game (come on, nobody seriously cares about the campaign), it's best to keep it in the online forum, much to my dismay :(."

:( I'm hoping the campaign is at least decent. I enjoyed playing unreal's single player.
Did you enjoy Q3's Single Player? UT3's single player is basically that with cutscenes...which are great to laugh at.

"Did you enjoy Q3's Single Player? UT3's single player is basically that with cutscenes...which are great to laugh at."

I played q3 arena, is that the same that one you were just pitted up against bots just like ut2k4 if I remember right. It's ok when your bored I guess but I mean the original unreal did have a decent single player to play through. I enjoyed it when I played it not too long ago, is UT3 have a single player like those where its just against bots?

UT3 SP is basically the exact same thing as Q3Arena/UT2K4 ladder single player, but with cutscenes and some really, REALLY tongue-in-cheek explanations for why the player is doing what is pretty much capture the flag, etc. Excuse me, Capture the FLaG.

"UT3 SP is basically the exact same thing as Q3Arena/UT2K4 ladder single player, but with cutscenes and some really, REALLY tongue-in-cheek explanations for why the player is doing what is pretty much capture the flag, etc. Excuse me, Capture the FLaG."

Ah, that kinda sucks although I kinda figured that's the direction they were going to take. Did they ever say why they went away from the old single player style they had? Also, if that's the single player then what's the point of online co-op...

Eh, epic's not that big a studio. Something like 70-ish folks? Between UT3 spread across multiple platforms and Gears of War, I'd imagine they were fairly all used up.

"Eh, epic's not that big a studio. Something like 70-ish folks? Between UT3 spread across multiple platforms and Gears of War, I'd imagine they were fairly all used up."

Ah makes sense. I was just wondering since it seems like they gave up on single player kind of and their competitor, quake, is pretty much doing it too but they did make a decent campaign for q4. Did any gaffers play last night besides like Tekno and the other two who posted?

Cheeto

I played, but I wasn't in servers with other gaffers, or I don't think I was. My friend's list is empty at the moment. My Nick is: CheetoBandito add me up.

"I played, but I wasn't in servers with other gaffers, or I don't think I was. My friend's list is empty at the moment. My Nick is: CheetoBandito add me up."

Cool I'll add you and Tekno tonight after I reinstall windows, I'm still pretty shocked at the lack of attention this game is getting.

New to GAF, but I'd love to play with some of you guys. Loved the first UT but got out of PC gaming for a while but am back now with a vengeance. I plan to play this one for a while.

Nick is BlackJack3

Happy Fragging!

"Any version of Face in this release? IG games don't feel right in these maps."

The closest you'd probably get to the openness of Face is probably Strident. Maybe Hydrosis.

Sorry guys my dvd drive seems to have died on top of my windows problem. I did get a chance to register my username, Pengy was taken so my id is PengyMcPenguin. I found a backup drive finally and windows seems to be installing now so I hope to be on in an hour or so.

IoCaster

OK, just got this sucker installed. I'll be playing it off and on through this weekend. I'm a bit rusty since I haven't played a UT game in a couple of years, but I should get back in the groove quickly. My nick -->IoCaster.

spwolf

Teknopathetic said:
UT3 SP is basically the exact same thing as Q3Arena/UT2K4 ladder single player, but with cutscenes and some really, REALLY tongue-in-cheek explanations for why the player is doing what is pretty much capture the flag, etc. Excuse me, Capture the FLaG.

basically an practice range and reason for reviewers not to rate it down... otherwise, obviously for anyone not knowing this already, UT is multiplayer franchise....

Cant wait until december... I better get bored of COD4 quickly :)

Stop It

Right, I have just bought UT3 (For £20 no less, bargain!) and I am up for battle, I'll use Stop It as my name online, so I hope to see some of you gaffers whilst out fragging :)

Finally back at school where my computer is. Still pretty busy so I don't know how soon I'll be able to really dig in, everybody should add me on steam though because I can usually squeak in a game or two. Steam name is WHOAguitarninja.

Cirruss

Got this yesterday and been playing it since, but whats up with the amount of empty servers?

I've been playing it a bit, and have been enjoying it, i tried put the new warfare mode which was nice (love the onyxcoast map) but it seems there are are like 5 servers that actually have any amount of people on them for it :/

WOOOOO I love this game. Anyway for you ps3 people I have a treat. I work graveyard shift and I'm going to start turning my ps3 on dedicated server when I go out to work at night.
I get two days off each week and they always change, but when I don't work I'm up all night playing UT3 so I'll be there anyway

Bob's FuNHoUsE
Starting ~ 10pm MST / midnight eastern nightly starting 12/23

Rules:

-8 players max
-6 small maps (will likely change from day to day) I like a small rotation
-Forced re-spawn (no hiding).
-4 adept bots will roam for blood until people join (if you don't know, the bots auto leave when someone joins then come back when less than 4 people are in)

Who knows how well this will work. I worry about leaving the ps3 on now that the warranty is up but fuck it, what else is it for?
Unfortunately i can't be here so it i freeze up or get disconnected or my power goes out, thats it for the night.

GET IT ON

Im hopping on right now if you want to die : ) send mey a friend invite in game

Mash

I was quite skeptical to whether I'd enjoy this as UT2K4 just felt stale and old to me but the fantastic graphics and little touches like latching on to vehicles when using the hover board is really great, it all works really seamlessly.

But where the frick is everyone? I'm literally struggling to find one server to play on and I can't find a single Instagib server. I'm really worried this game is just going to keel over and die whilst waiting for people worried their hardware's not up to scratch to take the plunge.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Could someone try connecting to my dedicated server on PS3? It's called Tokyo Midnight Brigade and it's running off what SHOULD be an insanely fast fiberoptic line.

Sho Nuff

Banned
I put up my CTF Twisted Server to run all night long. Hop on it. People are getting amazing pings even though I'm in Tokyo.

I'm in. I haven't played the game much because I've been finishing other stuff (<3 Ratchet & Clank <3), but I love me my UT3. I just miss my lightning gun :(

PSN: TheMissingLink

I prefer TDM over any other gametype. I haven't played ANY low-grav instagib in UT3, which is an abomination since I logged tons and tons of hours playing it in UT2k4.

careful

Not a lot of servers up this weekend (PS3).. (I mostly play DM / TDM)
Why is no one playing this game! Stupid Midway..

PSN: stveland

-Rogue5-

Is the co-op "campaign" worth playing through? If so, I'm up for some of that... bare in mind, I'm not the type of person that skips cutscenes (at least not on my first play-through.)

PSN is MikeP.

wow these mics are so annoying! they dont work. and is it just me or is there less ps3 ut3 people on these forums? anyone feel free to add me: tailgunnerkeeney im on all the time and i need friends. ps i love dm, tdm and warfare.

Top Bottom