• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Tournament (4) first map revealed

My whole life Epic has fed me so many bullshots.

I ain't eating that shit anymore.

The best part of that screenshot is the lighting, and that always gets gimped when they realise you have to have a game with 20+ guys running round blowing shit up everywhere.

"My whole life Epic has fed me so many bullshots.

The best part of that screenshot is the lighting, and that always gets gimped when they realise you have to have a game with 20+ guys running round blowing shit up everywhere."

But it's a video.

SURGEdude

My whole life Epic has fed me so many bullshots.

The best part of that screenshot is the lighting, and that always gets gimped when they realise you have to have a game with 20+ guys running round blowing shit up everywhere.

I might be wrong but I don't remember that. What are you referring to?

Krejlooc

Banned
"My whole life Epic has fed me so many bullshots.

The best part of that screenshot is the lighting, and that always gets gimped when they realise you have to have a game with 20+ guys running round blowing shit up everywhere."

But it's a video.

While true, there is no guarantee that a video is indicative of what a final game may look like.

Not that I believe this isn't indicative of UT4, however.

Kato

First dips on the Redeemer or I will spam flak down the hall,

"congratulations. You are the winner"

Stuff looks great. Just seeing the Liandri name sends nostalgia chills down my spine. Deck16 would make me go haywire.

626a65a3926d896ebe3a59cd17bd5d7e.gif

a0289b3f1d52049a87077f423a323f4c.gif

Already in love...

so this not coming to current gen consoles?

edit: i am not seeing what s so mind blowing about this, the guy from the video should turn v-sync because its tearing like crazy.

Schrade

Getting a strong Star Wars (original, Episode IV Star Wars...) and Nostromo/Alien feel from those pics. Damn.. looks good!

breadtruck

Looks good. Looks arent the important thing when it comes to Unreal Tournament though {even though Unreal Tournament has always been kinda a engine showcase game for Epic... :p)

Oh man, this looks fantastic. I love the off-white, weathered space industrial look, and the way it looks like tangible sci-fi instead of set props. The small accent lights are nice. Feels very OG Star Wars.

screenshot_1_30_13_1_42_pm.jpg

Nokterian

Look so damn good and told it a dozen of times but Michiel van den Bos and Alexander Brandon making the music for this new UT excite!

jediyoshi

While true, there is no guarantee that a video is indicative of what a final game may look like.

Sure it is, it's literally video from the unreal editor. We already know what content from the editor looks like as compared to it compiled as an actual product.

Unless you're running off the premise of us literally not knowing because it's not final and released, in which case I'm not sure the point of what you're saying is.

gabbo

Like the subdued look of that map.
Hopefully they'll show off a new official variation of Deck16/Facing Worlds/Morpheus at some point in the future.

Miker

Easily the shooter I'm most excited for. I guess Quake Live on Steam will be a stopgap solution until I get my hands on the new UT.

Please god no ;(

Remember our motto :mad:

This is a challenge
To anyone who ever
Took a man down in a 3D shooter
And liked it.
This is your last chance
To prove that you are the best of the best.
This is the gladiatorial arena of the future.
This is a single-player trial by fire.
A heavy weight deathmatch
Championship of the universe
For those willing to build a mountain of bodies
And climb to the top
In environments that stun.
Against A.I. that kills.
For those willing to stake their lives
In the pursuit of victory...
We salute you.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I love how clean everything is! My biggest gripe with UT3 was how noisy and high frequency the details were. It made it hard to spot your target.

JordanN

Banned
Good god. Is this UE4? Makes me wet my pants thinking what they can do with Tekken 7 with this engine.

It's just the beginning. UE4 recently got an update adding [better] real time Ambient Occlusion.
Top = No AO
Bottom = With distance field ambient occlusion.

ibrr3fIjmIVFBN.jpg

ibz3xgmxFDOqRw.jpg

You also have the stuff made by Quixel which is very photorealistic.
iQIX06yFzmXg7.jpg

Victrix

*beard*
Keeping the maps (and the combat) clean and readable is absolutely vital for an arena shooter, I hope they maintain this through all the maps, and the visual design in general

... that said I look forward to 95 variants of facing worlds and instagib lowgrav servers

(OH BOY)

Acti

The industry really needs to bring back the flavor that only arena FPS bring.

P.S. -> Fuck CoD?

Top Bottom