• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn: New Trailer Lets You Take Control

Gamefly already updated availability of this to Low with no shipment. Damn. Usually it doesn't update till 8:00amCST or so. So hopefully that doesn't mean anything just yet.

Vaga

One man's trash is other man's gem. UD is exeptionaly well written and acted game. Obviously there's people who think these kind of games aren't really games at all. Like I said in one of my posts: many will consider this as their GOTY.

I know its qualities but I also know its few shortcomings, disregarding the fact that it hits a niche part. It's not perfect but still quite a gem. Also it's better not only for UD but for every other game to not overhype it to the max, keep it low and you'll be more surprised.

Imo it's the sleeper hit of the year, came out of fuckin nowhere.

I know its qualities but I also know its few shortcomings, disregarding the fact that it hits a niche part. It's not perfect but still quite a gem. Also it's better not only for UD but for every other game to not overhype it to the max, keep it low and you'll be more surprised.

Not for me. I've been looking forward to it for ages and I knew it was gonna be a sleeper hit! :D

eFKac

I know its qualities but I also know its few shortcomings. It's not perfect but still quite a gem.

That's the thing, if the game actually gets good critical reception, I wonder why Sony haven't put the marketing muscle behind it, especially compared to something like The Order.

Marketing for that game was way bigger.

Until Dawn maybe has a bit less franchise perspectives, but a cinematic horror game is something that has a rather wide appeal and could pull good numbers, and it looks like it's gonna be a sleeper at best. Maybe it's because of how close MGS is.

Neluba

Neo Member
Am I the only one already thinking about appropriate settings for Until Dawn 2?

Could be with the same cabin, few years later, different characters and different events.

I think it wouldn't be bad for a horror game to come back to the same scenery, especially if the game before was really good.

Bowl0l

Preload of Until Dawn has started.
I hope i won't get motion sickness like when I play Gone to Rapture... That was a huge bummer..

vollsperrig

Neo Member
Could be with the same cabin, few years later, different characters and different events.

I think it wouldn't be bad for a horror game to come back to the same scenery, especially if the game before was really good.

Nope. :)

There's so much room in the horror genre that Supermassive can really go anywhere after this.

I really hope this sells well. With the expectation of positive reviews incoming and since it's pretty much the only big PS4 exclusive for the rest of the year (not counting Tearaway and Uncharted, since they're re-works) - plus the only competition is MGSV, I think chances are high.

There is definitely potential for a franchise.

UberTag

Preload of Until Dawn has started.
I hope i won't get motion sickness like when I play Gone to Rapture... That was a huge bummer..
Don't see why you would. This isn't a first-person game.
Nor does the camera move around a lot.

I really hope this sells well. With the expectation of positive reviews incoming and since it's pretty much the only big PS4 exclusive for the rest of the year (not counting Tearaway and Uncharted, since they're re-works) - plus the only competition is MGSV, I think chances are high.
Poor Mad Max.

Pricken

Just pre-ordered from PSN. Although I live in Sweden I buy most of my games from US PSN because it's cheaper and most of the time releases first.

At first I wasn't sure about the game, but earlier this year I started getting into some of the older slashers like Friday 13th and Elm Street, so my interest in this title was sparked by my enjoyment of those movies (despite being a chicken when it comes to horror).

Hopefully the reviews are favorable, but I know that it won't affect my excitement if they aren't, seeing as I'm probably one of the few who enjoyed The Order, despite its flaws.

Jigorath

Banned
I'm pretty sure skippable cutscenes in a narrative driven horror game with a massive number of choices and variables would just ruin the experience.

Never said it was going to ruin the experience. Try reading my post before you get up in arms.

But the cutscenes are kind of the point of this game, since there is no traditional gameplay.

That's fine. But the review posted above already listed unskippable cutscenes as a problem. I'm sure other reviews will as well.

KORNdoggy

Unskippable cutscenes was a bad idea. It's definitely going to hurt review scores.

doubtful. reviewers would hopefully approach the game the same way they do telltale game reviews. i can't imagine they'd expect the QTE cut-scenes in those to be skipable. it's the entire point of the game. lol

Loudninja

Never said it was going to ruin the experience. Try reading my post before you get up in arms.

That's fine. But the review posted above already listed unskippable cutscenes as a problem. I'm sure other reviews will as well.
And that is silly in a game like this.

Top Bottom