• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

B-Ri

Release dates!!!! So many games I want off that list.

Amazing how a lot of them are the stylish 16bit pixel art games.

Holy cow, excellent work OP. Bookmarking this so I can return at later dates to remind me of TONS of games I will inevitably forget the names of.

I need a 64gb card....sooo many games..

Serious question.... If people purchase consoles and PC for mostly AAA experience, why is that the Vita, which some of these games are perfect on, are better experiences on a big set PC and PS3? I'm not coming at you about your choice or anything but just want some insight as to why someone would rather play these small indie games via kb/m and a controller.

For me personally, I play a ton of games on PC, and I usually hear about indies on PC long before they get a Vita announcement. Rogue Legacy, for example, I ended up buying in a Steam sale not long after they announced the Vita/PS3 version because I'd been waiting to play it and the price was right. This was eight months ago.

The only indie I bought specifically on Vita was Spelunky, because people said it was the best version of the game. But then people streaming Spelunky took off, especially the daily challenges, and guess what: you can't play along with the daily challenges on Vita because they're different from PC. So I never really played Spelunky that much, since it turns out I'm really awful at it. I keep meaning to go back but I'm at my PC a lot, and it's more natural for me to fire up a game on Steam than it is to grab my Vita.

The main appeal of the Vita to me is that it's like a portable Steam machine with games you can't get on Steam. Which means any games you CAN find on Steam don't really appeal to me, because duh, I have Steam for that.

Faustek

Huh, $100? That's certainly better than the £80-90 I'm seeing in the UK. Where'd you buy from?

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/playstation-vita-japan/5889-sony-playstation-vita-memory-card-64gb.html

other places to check out

http://superufo.com/
http://www.play-asia.com/
http://amiami.com/
http://solarisjapan.com/
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/

the usual suspects when my wallet needs a beating.

EDIT: I should add that Nippon-Yasan is duty free for us in Europe. They have a base in France where they ship their stuff before "selling" it to us :)

KingJolly

Banned
Can't wait for Metrico and Disgaea 4.

Didn't even know Demon Gaze 2 was even announced, or half of the games on the list for a matter of fact.

Thank you Shahid?

Yeah I noticed that. Strange weirdos who follow sheep mentality drive by with "no games" in Vita threads likely don't own the system at all and just want to get their rocks off.

I'm actually buying too many games for this thing. lol
Add in all the free junk from PS+ and the PS1 and PSP classics I keep buying, and we're swimming in stuff to play!

IcyEyes

As Vita owner i learned to ignore all the "Vita is dead" and "No gamez" crap long time ago i have been enjoying my Vita since launch i also have learned that the people who hate on Vita at every chance are people who don't even own it

This happens in many (creative) fields, it's not only about Vita, Pc, PS, Xbox, etc.
Music, art, movies, tv series, etc are also affected ...

Anyway, this list is pretty awesome, I think the OP has just sold some Vita :D

We have great JRPG line up. We must support them.

With that said, Sega should localize Phantasy Star Nova.

Baseball-Player-Tries-To-Hold-In-The-Laughter-During-Zoom.gif

:(

I really got to get back into using my Vita. I've only purchased TxK (which is an awesome game even though I am stuck at like level 83) and FFX HD this year. What have I missed out on this year?

Silky

Banned
Serious question.... If people purchase consoles and PC for mostly AAA experience, why is that the Vita, which some of these games are perfect on, are better experiences on a big set PC and PS3? I'm not coming at you about your choice or anything but just want some insight as to why someone would rather play these small indie games via kb/m and a controller.

For me? Bigger screens, better control choices, chances of local MP.

Drayco21

The Vita has quickly become one of my favorite gaming machines in the span of this year, and even with my refusal to buy anything digitally unless it's on a steep plus discount, I'm still racking up tons of games for it- I just wish Sony would put a little more effort into it. Also I need that Digimon game localized like a starving man needs a good meal.

BigDug13

Much Otaku, very indie.

Celebrating games like Criminal Girls yells desperation. *shudders*

It's a list of games. He's not cherry picking games to celebrate, he's showing you all the games he knows that are coming and it's over 150 games. Some good, some bad, some really bad. Not sure how that changes the intent of the OP. Do you want him to cull that game list down to a subjective list of games he thinks will be good and leave the rest off?

Salex_

only around 10 games worth waiting , the rest is just some indie shit " I hate indie games -_- " ..

This mentality confuses me so much. How can you hate "indie games"? They aren't a genre.

It reminds me of the people that say they hate anime.

Fularu

Banned
The only games I'm buying from that least are Danganrompa 2 and Freedom Wars

Talk about an underwhelming lineup :(

Silky

Banned
I'm glad a handheld audience are willing to experience amazing titles like Spelunky. I feel Spelunky is still ignored on consoles from the majority of gamers even on GAF.

People who aren't into Dark Souls should really look into Spelunky. Some of same design philosophies are very relevant in that game.

Buy Spelunky.

Gonna bookmark this thread actually, thanks. You've done a great job.

Plenty of stuff I'm interested in; even more stuff that I'm not. But a good selection of stuff I'd forgotten I was interested in here, too (i.e. Drifter!)

So, I guess my question is, how many of these games can't be played on another platform, be it console, PC, or 3ds? How many of these games are exclusive to the Vita?

Could someone please make that list too, just so I can see?

Fularu

Banned
So, I guess my question is, how many of these games can't be played on another platform, be it console, PC, or 3ds? How many of these games are exclusive to the Vita?

The Sony Vita exclusives, a few japanese vita exclusives (like Persona Dancing Night) and that's about it. The rest (like 99% of the indi titles or various NIS ports) can be played elsewhere for usually far cheaper.

VLiberty

only around 10 games worth waiting , the rest is just some indie shit " I hate indie games -_- " ..

People should use a bit more logic.

Saying "I hate jrpgs" makes sense because it's a defined kind of games.

Saying "I hate indies" makes no sense because indies are completely different each from the other.

A lot are handheld exclusive. There's very little overlap with the 3DS for sure.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'll never understand how people can dismiss a hand held console with a list like that.

What a wonderful bunch of games.

DatAhmedz

Pretty impressive list. Personally, I would rather go with a console/PC option for a good chunk of games on there, but there are definitely some I'll consider buying on the Vita.

Awesome work on the list though :)

VLiberty

This mentality confuses me so much. How can you hate "indie games"? They aren't a genre.

It reminds me of the people that say they hate anime.

And even then has more sense than "I hate indies", because anime still have common features(i.e. aesthethics), while you can easily pick two indies with not a single common feature.

For instance, Hotline Miami and Joe Danger.

No release dates, some of the Japanese ones won't come over, and most of those games will get no advertising so they will be forgotten or people will never know they existed. It's like when another game gets greenlit on Steam or releases on the IOS appstore/Google playstore and ends up getting lost in the sea of other games.

Nexfero

Neo Member
Has there been word if the 64GB memory card for the Vita will be available outside Japan yet, or should I just import one?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Asking how many multi are there means that you don't know those games, don't have them and you don't know if they are on other platforms.
So if you are not here to troll or to make console war then why bothering if games you don't even know are on other platforms?

Top Bottom