• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Did some of those games really got announced for the west? I mean, Phantasy Star is probably never coming here.

Also, getting defensive about asking the ones that are multiplatform is silly. Not everyone needs to know every game in the list.

Huh? That isn't my intent at all. I was just honestly curious. I don't understand why you felt the need to be so defensive about my question.

Ok, but how about PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Wii U. How many of these games can be found there? I ask because, of they were available in a larger format where I could play on my 50", I would play then there, but if they are only available on Vita, then I would get them there!
Looking at the list, you can probably figure out why people are defensive. These are fans. They are thrilled with that list.

And yes, you can buy most of the titles on Steam right now, likely cheaper and with better performance than the eventual Vita release. I'd say there's something like 15 to 20 Vita exclusives.

Nice list, OP! I've tried to play every Vita game so far, so I'm happy to see there's plenty more to come.

One minor correction though -- Kilka Card Gods got a stealth release a few weeks ago. It's pleasant, as card games go, but also incredibly short. I got 100% of the trophies in under 2 hours. Still worth picking up if you want a quick casual game, though.

Gilarabrywn

Neo Member
Other than like 3 games, these all look like the same crappy indie games that get released on this system since release.

Also to add something:

Woo. New Toukiden. >>

Looking at the list, you can probably figure out why people are defensive. These are fans. They are thrilled with that list.

And yes, you can buy most of the titles on Steam right now, likely cheaper and with better performance than the eventual Vita release. I'd say there's something like 15 to 20 Vita exclusives.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll have to look into it, I guess to see which of these games are exclusive then. Time to print out a list and go to steam, I guess. Lol

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Huh? That isn't my intent at all. I was just honestly curious. I don't understand why you felt the need to be so defensive about my question.

Ok, but how about PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Wii U. How many of these games can be found there? I ask because, of they were available in a larger format where I could play on my 50", I would play then there, but if they are only available on Vita, then I would get them there!

So you enter a Vita thread to know what games to play on a 50" tv?

VLiberty

And yes, you can buy most of the titles on Steam right now, likely cheaper and with better performance than the eventual Vita release.
I'd say there's something like 15 to 20 Vita exclusives.

You could say the same for consoles and 90% of their releases. But obviously this only matters when it comes to Vita

OP you missed IA/VT COLORFUL

TpwQfBH.jpg

http://youtu.be/RdDfVXdDJWU

At least it was already mentioned in the thread
dont see too many people talking about it

Wow I didn't know about this, I love rhythm games.

Also I am surprised that Reaper is coming to Vita, I liked that game a lot on my Windows Phone 8, I'll double dip.

B.O.O.M

Handheld gaming is a different thing altogether than console or PC gaming. The mobility gives it an advantage consoles nor PC's can not provide. It's really not a hard concept to understand.

On the same token this can be applied to almost all games on consoles too. Why buy them when you can buy it on the PC for cheaper and better performance. Answer is the same. Some people find perks in console gaming that they do not find in PC gaming.

You do come off as a concern troll, in a thread about vita games. You could make your comment on any other list based thread for home consoles too and it still would be trolling. But I gave you the benefit of the doubt to explain it.

OT: Great work OP :)

You could say the same for consoles and 90% of their releases. But obviously this only matters when it comes to Vita

Handheld gaming is a different thing altogether than console or PC gaming. The mobility gives it an advantage consoles nor PC's can not provide. It's really not a hard concept to understand.

On the same token this can be applied to almost all games on consoles too. Why buy them when you can buy it on the PC for cheaper and better performance. Answer is the same. Some people find perks in console gaming that they do not find in PC gaming.

You do come off as a concern troll, in a thread about vita games. You could make your comment on any other list based thread for home consoles too and it still would be trolling. But I gave you the benefit of the doubt to explain it.

OT: Great work OP :)

I don't have a powerful enough gaming PC anymore to run current gen games in a quality better than I can on consoles, but as for the games listed here, most are indies, and therefore, less taxing on a slightly older computer. So, yeah, it doesn't matter for me when it comes to consoles, but does when it comes to Vita. Like I said, though, I'm mainly interested in the Vita exclusives.

Edit: I'm sorry if anything I said came across as troll-like. That wasn't my intention. I was just asking a question. It sucks that on today's Internet, something like that is immediately labeled as "trolling".

Spade

Nope. Nicalis are very bad at communication regarding European localisation and certification. Note that they are also handling Binding Of Isaac: RE, which is terrifying really.

Damn... Here's hoping Binding of Isaac isn't delayed for European release whenever it comes out.

B.O.O.M

I don't have a powerful enough gaming PC anymore to run current gen games in a quality better than I can on consoles, but as for the games listed here, most are indies, and therefore, less taxing on a slightly older computer. So, yeah, it doesn't matter for me when it comes to consoles, but does when it comes to Vita. Like I said, though, I'm mainly interested in the Vita exclusives.

I wasn't even questioning the power of your pc. What I'm basically saying is home consoles/PCs/Handhelds all provide unique experiences and perks. For example I would probably not play many indies on a pc or a home console. I find them to be more fun to play on the go. Neither PCs or home consoles can provide that for me.

Either way we are getting off topic now so I will stop

Mononoke

Banned
Ugh I can't wait for Freedom Wars. I wish it had English subtitles (since I prefer the original Voice actors), I would import that so fast (like Sword Art Online's Chinese version that had english subs).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
No, I entered a Vita thread to know what games I can exclusively play on my Vita. I'm always on the lookout for good exclusives for that handheld.

I don't see people entering in PC, PS4 etc threads and saying "how many of those games are on Vita(or any other platform of your choice)?" Who enters in PS4(for example) threads asks about PS4, not other platforms, those questions are usually made to hate or to derail the threads.

I wasn't even questioning the power of your pc. What I'm basically saying is home consoles/PCs/Handhelds all provide unique experiences and perks. For example I would probably not play many indies on a pc or a home console. I find them to be more fun to play on the go. Neither PCs or home consoles can provide that for me.

Either way we are getting off topic now so I will stop
About every single one of those indies can be played on an Intel graphics laptop so yes, you can play them on the go without a vita if you wanted to.

Edit: this isn't a slight agaisnt the vita, I am just correcting you about your statement.

B.O.O.M

About every single one of those indies can be played on an Intel graphics laptop so yes, you can play them on the go if you wanted to.

yeahhhh if you think playing on a laptop is the same 'on the go' experience as a handheld gaming system then I have no need to waste time on you

18-Volt

Actually this HD collection ports are pretty good. As a big fan of GBA, I absolutely have no problem playing old PS2 games on a handheld. I want more of them especially third party ones:

Resident Evil
Onimusha
Megaman X7-X8
Dark Cloud
Wild Arms
Final Fantasy XII
Devil May Cry
Maximo
Soul Calibur 2-3
Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Legendia, Tales of the Abyss
Prince of Persia
Rayman 3/Beyond Good & Evil
Burnout 3 - Revenge
SSX
Black (that Criterion FPS)
Tomb Raider

I don't see people entering in PC, PS4 etc threads and saying "how many of those games are on Vita(or any other platform of your choice)?" Who enters in PS4(for example) threads asks about PS4, not other platforms, those questions are usually made to hate or to derail the threads.

How many times have you seen someone enter a thread and look at a list of games and say, "I'll only buy the exclusives"? It happens all the time. People buy Nintendo hardware just for the exclusives, because the Wii U/3ds isn't their main console. Well, in a similar way, the vita isn't my main console, but I buy exclusives for it. I came in asking what games were exclusive so that I could know what games to look at specifically. I'm sorry that this concept is so hard for some to understand. I love my vita, but it isn't my main.

yeahhhh if you think playing on a laptop is the same 'on the go' experience as a handheld gaming system then I have no need to waste time on you
I meant more like being able to play these indies away from home or on a plane. If you literally meant 'on the go' then you are right that a laptop isn't the same as the vita. For me though I would never even think of bringing a vita out in public so the vita might be less capable of being mobile for me at least.

B.O.O.M

I meant more like being able to play these indies away from home or on a plane. If you literally meant 'on the go' then you are right that a laptop isn't the same as the vita. For me though I would never even think of bringing a vita out in public so the vita might be less capable of being mobile for me at least.

yeah I don't think I have seen a single person just pull out a laptop on a bus, train or a waiting room etc just to play a game...and I personally will never do it either. Way too much of a hassle and not nearly as comfortable as a dedicated handheld system.

and yes I meant away from home and even on a plane included with my initial comment.

XOMTOR

Great list OP and amazing effort getting all those screens together.

With that said, I believe this thread could potentially be the definitive "upcoming titles" thread if you were to include confirmed release dates or whether or not the games were simply announced/rumored, the region they're releasing in and possibly the genre. As it is now, it's more of a thread for Vita fans to gather and celebrate but it doesn't do much to inform those of us who are potential Vita purchasers.

For example, looking through your screens, I became interested in Swords & Some Magic but I had to Google it to find the dev's website only to discover this:

• platform: iOS (Android, PC and PS Vita is planned)
  • release date: 2014
So basically, at this time, they only have a vague release date for the iOS version and are only tentatively planning a Vita version. Furthermore, the screenshot you included is not from the Vita version.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
How many times have you seen someone enter a thread and look at a list of games and say, "I'll only buy the exclusives"? It happens all the time. People buy Nintendo hardware just for the exclusives, because the Wii U/3ds isn't their main console. Well, in a similar way, the vita isn't my main console, but I buy exclusives for it. I came in asking what games were exclusive so that I could know what games to look at specifically. I'm sorry that this concept is so hard for some to understand. I love my vita, but it isn't my main.

1)It only happens in Nintendo threads because no people with sane mind would skip multis on Sony/MS/PC because they are not exclusives.

2)i don't know what console is your main one, but i guess that you follow its threads and news more than Vita ones, in that case you should already know the games that are on your main console and if you don't know about them is because you are not interested in them. You are not one that follow news and threads? Ok, then why are you here asking for games for your main console and not in a thread for your main console?

CamHostage

Huh, it's still that way for you? I don't know, maybe things will change once PS4 gets the damned sleep mode it was promised to have (I actually don't own one yet anyway, but that's one factor holding me back,) but my console rarely gets used for anything but blockbusters or party games. If I'm going to fire that sucker up and turn on the surrounds and kick everybody out of the common room for a few hours, it's not going to be for score-attack or cute time-sucks, it's going to be for something I spent $60 on that I'm damned well going to get my money's worth out of. My Vita (and other portable electronics; I'm also thinking of getting a Wii U just for offscreen play) are picking up all the fun small games that captured my attention in 2007-2010 that are now languishing in an evergrowing pile of shame on my console. I do enjoy the idea of an amazing little one-man-made game taking over my living room in HD splendor (and cross-buy is a big influence in buying PSN titles,) but realistically, it's just not how I make time for games.

Ponn

Banned
And here I thought Criminal Girls would be the culprit to derail the thread.

Vita is my favorite console behind PS2. I've resigned myself to no Sony support since E3 two years ago but i'm glad to see 3rd parties and indies stepping in and taking care of business. With the PSP library I have a backlog that would carry me through 2 more gens. As i've gotten older its just harder and harder to turn on a system and take up the TV. Portable is where its at for me and Vita brings that console experience to me.

Nice list, i'm not entirely into indies but glad alot of those Japanese rpgs are being localized. Got Disgaea 4 and Neptunia Rebirth next month already. Might pick up Freedom Wars but will definitely get Oreishka and Tales of Hearts R. And then whatever PS Plus gives me.

i don't know what console is your main one, but i guess that you follow its threads and news more than Vita ones, in that case you should already know the games that are on your main console and if you don't know about them is because you are not interested in them. You are not one that follow news and threads? Ok, then why are you here asking for games for your main console and not in a thread for your main console?
Wondering how many of the games is exclusive is a valid question, no matter what his main console is or how closely he follows the news. If any significant portion of them were exclusive, I'm sure you wouldn't be so upset by the question. But regardless of how you feel, it is an important note for people who own other machines.

B.O.O.M

Wondering how many of the games is exclusive is a valid question, no matter what his main console is or how closely he follows the news. If any significant portion of them were exclusive, I'm sure you wouldn't be so upset by the question. But regardless of how you feel, it is an important note for people who own other machines.

Don't be naive, significant amount of games are not exclusives for any gaming system you can think of.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
I know Sony is trying to recoupe for the expense of making the device but eat the costs and lower the goddamn memory card prices.

Top Bottom