• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Going really quickly though the list I'm interested in:

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair
Persona 4 DAN
Corpse Party: Blood Drive
Demon Gaze 2
Danganronpa Another Episode
Hatsune Miku Project Diva f 2nd
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk Plus
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
All those Neptunia games
Senran Kagura
IA/VT COLORFUL
Everything Falcom(Ys-Kiseki-Brandish)

That's a long list of games for me, I'm also into indie stuff but I play those on PC, my Vita is my niche Japanese console and I love it.

I see several complaints in the thread and I don't get it, everyone knows this is a system that's only going to have Japanese and Indie games till it dies.

Thanks OP. Hadn't heard of many of these. Fuck all the "not exclusive" people. Just fucking go away. It's so tiresome. We get it, you own a PC. Congrats. Have a cookie.

Oh how I would still give anything to get a DooM collection on Vita :)
*high five* I would looooove this. Been thinking that for some time now. Looking forward to that Duke 3D release.

Fady K

Release dates!!!! So many games I want off that list.

Amazing how a lot of them are the stylish 16bit pixel art games.

In the next few weeks alone we should be getting Oddworld New N Tasty (July 22), Rogue Legacy & Phantom Breaker (July 29), Akiba's Trip & Metrico (Aug 5) ;D

Holy cow, excellent work OP. Bookmarking this so I can return at later dates to remind me of TONS of games I will inevitably forget the names of.

I need a 64gb card....sooo many games..

Thanks Baron! There really are a ton of them. When I was making this thread, I thought I'd get lucky if I'd hit 50!

great thread. so many games holy shit. dat hotline miami 2

Hotline Miami - one of those games that I feel is best on the Vita ^^

Can't wait for Metrico and Disgaea 4.

Didn't even know Demon Gaze 2 was even announced, or half of the games on the list for a matter of fact.

Thank you Shahid?

Shahid is one of the Vita's heroes, he's a great proponent of it!

Counterspy looks awesome, it reminds me of Rolling Thunder. Thanks for all the work you put into this.

You are most welcome SevenDevils, my pleasure!

Anyway, this list is pretty awesome, I think the OP has just sold some Vita :D

Thanks for your compliments IcyEyes! I hope everyone enjoy the Vita alongside their other awesome gaming platforms and handhelds.

I need cosmic stars heroine, liege, star bound, tales of hearts, midora in my life.

Great OP, thanks.

You're most welcome blackjaw. A good number of other RPGs on that list that may interest you too btw ;)

I really got to get back into using my Vita. I've only purchased TxK (which is an awesome game even though I am stuck at like level 83) and FFX HD this year. What have I missed out on this year?

OlliOlli - a great retro skateboarding game :]
TxK - a "neo-retro" arcade shooter
The excellent adventure game from NIS America Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Koei Tecmo's take on the Monster Hunter formula - Toukiden
Luftrausers!
Steamworld Dig - a port of one the very best games on the Nintendo 3DS
Fez
A port of the PS3 "trap simulator" Deception IV
MLB 14 the show if you're into baseball
Broken Sword 5 episode 1! (A must if you're an adventure gamer)
Soul Sacrifice Delta (expansion pack to the first game)
1001 Spikes (hardest game you'll likely play on the Vita this year!)
Xblaze (visual novel from Aksys)
Child of Light (in case you missed it on the other platforms)

PHEW. Plenty of stuff came out this year *_*

It's a list of games. He's not cherry picking games to celebrate, he's showing you all the games he knows that are coming and it's over 150 games. Some good, some bad, some really bad. Not sure how that changes the intent of the OP. Do you want him to cull that game list down to a subjective list of games he thinks will be good and leave the rest off?

Truth be told very few games up there are similar to the "Criminal Girls" type. The variety is insane.

Same here. Thank you so much for this thread.

You are most welcome Respawn!

Gonna bookmark this thread actually, thanks. You've done a great job.

Plenty of stuff I'm interested in; even more stuff that I'm not. But a good selection of stuff I'd forgotten I was interested in here, too (i.e. Drifter!)

You are most welcome Kresnik. Easy to forget a lot of games when there are THAT many coming out for the system. That is a testament to how many games are coming out for the Vita.

Don't forget the digital PSP games that are coming for Vita.

Brandish: The Dark Revenent
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC

Excellent idea Ramza. Added them up with images. Thanks.

So, I guess my question is, how many of these games can't be played on another platform, be it console, PC, or 3ds? How many of these games are exclusive to the Vita?

Could someone please make that list too, just so I can see?

Hard to tell because in this generation nothing can be safely exclusive unless developed or partially developed by the platform maker (think Oreshika, Freedom Wars, etc).

I'll never understand how people can dismiss a hand held console with a list like that.

What a wonderful bunch of games.

Agreed! It is this thought that inspired me to make this thread at first erpg.

Pretty impressive list. Personally, I would rather go with a console/PC option for a good chunk of games on there, but there are definitely some I'll consider buying on the Vita.

Awesome work on the list though :)

Glad you like it bro! I can understand your point of view as I'm into consoles more by the way. Though there are some ports I end up playing on the Vita instead of the PS/Xb/Wii platforms.

No release dates, some of the Japanese ones won't come over, and most of those games will get no advertising so they will be forgotten or people will never know they existed. It's like when another game gets greenlit on Steam or releases on the IOS appstore/Google playstore and ends up getting lost in the sea of other games.

Good point family_guy. I made this thread with that perspective in mind. In the end, i heard about a lot of unknown games thanks to this forum ;)

MQX

I miss Bullet Girls on the list.
tumblr_ltli5qeaq91qzy4n9.gif

Hey. If Girls Und Panzer, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Arcana Heart 3 are on the list, why not Bullet Girls too ;)

Fady K

Dam nice list i have so many games i want for my vita ..but OP ... where's gravity rush 2 ?

Thanks thanatos ;) It seems like more and more people are asking about GR2. So I'm guessing it is confirmed and not just teased :D?

This thread isn't meant to be an argument as to why Vita's sales are going to take off, because they aren't. This is a thread listing a bunch of games that are coming to the platform. Market conditions should have 0 bearing on your enjoyment of a game.

Well said Takao, well said. If we enjoyed games based on market conditions - we would miss out on more than plenty! And we may end up enjoying turds too that sell big time.

He is picking all those games to celebrate Vita and well, to advertize it.

I can tell you one thing; advertising the system is nowhere near my goal here. My goal here is to share my love of a system and its games with a gaming forum I love. Why? Because it is a system that has plenty of unrecognized upcoming games that can surprise people, as evidenced by this thread. I'm not getting a cent out of any of this. Seeing the admiration of these games by fellow posters does make me happy though ;)

Great OP - and some pretty standard responses for a Vita thread.

Moobabe!! Goodness me it's been ages since I saw you. Interesting CFC season ahead for us! Glad you liked the list my friend :)

OP you missed IA/VT COLORFUL
At least it was already mentioned in the thread
dont see too many people talking about it

Thank you TP. I added it up :)

Thanks OP for the hard work. I consideres I knew pretty much a lot about Vita lineup, but there are several games that I discovered thanks to you. Whay I like the most is how many "indies" are getting close to the PSX era mid tier games.

And of course a Vita thread and the very same people pushing their agendas.

You nailed it Valkyria, getting PSX-era mid tier games is just awesome in this day and age!
You are most welcome, glad you enjoyed it.

I also still recommend Killzone Mercenary.

Agreed. On that topic, would be nice to have more FPSs on the Vita. Sony Cambridge sure did it right.

The list is not even complete!

and probably others!

You rock 2+2=5. Added to the OP. Thanks!!

Sucks that Axiom Verge isn't out till next year, I really want to play "Metroid" on my Vita haha.

Likewise. Game looks far better than I first imagined.

I thought I was more or less updated on everything the Vita has to offer going forward, but there were quite a few titles I had overlooked in there. Thanks for the thread!

Hopefully Corpse Party: Blood Drive will get an English release. Other than that I'm definitely getting all things Danganronpa, Persona 4: DAN, Grim Fandango remastered, World End Economica, Titan Souls, The Swapper, Velocity 2X, Hyper Light Drifter, Helldivers and probably Cosmic Star Heroine.

You are *most* welcome Kasper. As for Corpse Party, Xseed are fans of the series. Believe!

Great OP. Loving my Vita even nowy now.

Thank you very much KalBalboa.

I'm very surprised about the amount of games coming out, especially with all the talk about the Vita being dead.

That being said, I came in here looking for a new Patapon and I was disappointed :(

I still think Outland would be great on Vita too.

Patapon REALLY deserves a Vita chapter! Outland would be perfect for it too.

Prestty sure TC has only listed games which are confirmed for a US release. He should update OP to precise that.

At first that was my plan, now it is Vita games worldwide. Most are coming out in English though :D

Thank you for making this thread!

You are most welcome coljae!

Great thread! I am disappointed at the Vita's lack of market share, power, and "AAA" library, especially since the machine itself is solid, but there's still lots of games to try out, even if I'm double dipping on most of them. :p

Thank you! And likewise - seeing the amount of hardware it sells outside of Japan really stinks >_<

Vita is becoming exactly what I wanted: an indie/obscure japanese games machine! I don't need AAA on a portable system.

Can I pick up Disgaia 4 without having played any other game from the series? I always wanted to try them, love the design and tactical rpg's! But I don't know if each episode is a direct sequel of the precedent one, story wise.

I agree - no need for AAA on a portable system even though I would certainly not mind ;) Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Tearaway - lovely games to have!

As for Disgaea 4, I don't believe so - the stories are not that pivotal outside of comedic value for the most part. Part 3 is out now if you wanted to go with that first :]

Fucking phenomenal work OP!!!!

*lovingly hugs imported white vita-2000*

(^__________^)

AgentOtaku! I never got to talk to you on GAF but I recall your threads very well throughout the years and I love your POSITIVE posts man. You're an awesome gamer and it is a pleasure to be complimented by you. Thanks man.

Awesome thread. Really makes me want to go out and buy a vita right now.

Looking at the list makes me want to turn my Vita on and just play anything on it ^^

Op, you forgot Lego Ninjago Nindroids =/

Good catch jwk94, thanks. Added!

Amazing thread OP. Subbed for future reference.

And that list doesn't even mention all the great PSP and PSone classics you can play on Vita. Finished a run of FFIX and RE3 just a few days ago and both look glorious on that
OLED
screen.

And the list is going to get a lot bigger in the next few months with Gamescom and TGS coming up.

Thanks Amanobuff! I am hoping to see more announcements post Gamescom and TGS. If this thread still has any life in it I'll update the OP then too!

Fady K

Did some of those games really got announced for the west? I mean, Phantasy Star is probably never coming here.

Some have not been confirmed, and some likely won't ever be. The majority of them are coming out on English however. And with lovely folks at Xseed, Aksys, NIS, IdeaFactory, and Atlus of course, there are always exciting stuff coming up.

Axiom Verge looks spectacular.

One of THE best on that list IMO. About time we get a proper Metroid-inspired game on the Vita.

There's a sequel to Rocketbirds coming? Wow, surprised I missed that news.

Yes! And here is the teaser :)

You are welcome spannicus :)

Nice list, OP! I've tried to play every Vita game so far, so I'm happy to see there's plenty more to come.

One minor correction though -- Kilka Card Gods got a stealth release a few weeks ago. It's pleasant, as card games go, but also incredibly short. I got 100% of the trophies in under 2 hours. Still worth picking up if you want a quick casual game, though.

Thanks for notifying me matthewwhatever, I'll omit it in that case :]

You could say the same for consoles and 90% of their releases. But obviously this only matters when it comes to Vita

Thank you VLiberty! I feel that whole argument about Vita being a portmachine can be applied to other consoles/handhelds/PC/steam,etc with that port.

OT: Great work OP :)

Thank you B.O.O.M :)

Great list! One to add to the list is 1001 Spikes. One of my favourites on Vita.

I've seen speedruns of that, SCARES ME. Seems so difficult haha. I only didn't add since it came out already :) Oh wait, didn't come out in Europe? On any console?

Fady K.

Amazing stuff.

Thanks so much to one of my favorite footballer posters ever! Loving your avatar haha :D

Fantastic list. Will be grabbing lots of these titles. :D Thanks OP!

You're most welcome man :)

I swear this looks like that one room in the Library in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night with the Librarian.

Good catch! On that topic - I really, really want a Castlevania on my Vita >_>

Great list OP and amazing effort getting all those screens together.

With that said, I believe this thread could potentially be the definitive "upcoming titles" thread if you were to include confirmed release dates or whether or not the games were simply announced/rumored, the region they're releasing in and possibly the genre. As it is now, it's more of a thread for Vita fans to gather and celebrate but it doesn't do much to inform those of us who are potential Vita purchasers.

For example, looking through your screens, I became interested in Swords & Some Magic but I had to Google it to find the dev's website only to discover this:

• platform: iOS (Android, PC and PS Vita is planned)
  • release date: 2014
So basically, at this time, they only have a vague release date for the iOS version and are only tentatively planning a Vita version. Furthermore, the screenshot you included is not from the Vita version.

Apologies for any misinformation on my part XOMTOR, I like your suggestion and I'm thinking about updating it with dates and more details soon. Stay tuned!

I know Sony is trying to recoupe for the expense of making the device but eat the costs and lower the goddamn memory card prices.

They should really announce this IMO, beyond their price cut. Or at least bundle a higher capacity card with the new systems for new owners.

Staal

Awesome list OP, thanks for the hard work.
There are plenty of titles I'm interested in, I'll be playing my Vita for so many years.

Spaciouz

Neo Member
As a 3DS owner, the PS Vita looks so promising, mainly because of the amount of support it's getting and these screens have definitely made me think about getting one.

Edit: It's not too late for me to get one is it?

maouvin

Fady K, you're a hero and my wallet hates you (there's a bunch of sure purchases listed I didn't remember). Cheers!

Subbed.

Fady K

Great post, OP. That list must have taken a while for you to put together. I'm sure VitaGAF is thrilled.

Thanks a bunch Gator86. As long as a few gamers on here learned about new games or enjoyed looking through the game list, I'm honored ;D

Great OP. There are a large number of games in the list I'm interested in.

Thanks draetenth!

When is the fat princess game for vita coming out?

No confirmed date yet but a lot of these Vita games suddenly pop with soon-to-release dates. Rogue Galaxy, one of the best looking Vita games, got a sudden release date recently and is hitting the PS Store next week :D

Why bother listing the games that only have a japanese release planned? There are a shit ton of Vita games coming to the Vita that we never heard of, that may never get localized.

Two reasons Shizuka. First is, as the system is region-free, anyone can pick them up should they understand Japanese. Secondly, building on that last point, GAF has a lot of international audiences who either may speak Japanese or may not be bothered by the language barrier in some games.

How many of the games in the OP are already confirmed for PS4/3 though?

I'd never pick the handheld version of a home console game.

The Vita would be an excellent choice for some of the smaller-scale PS3/4 games though. Plus with cross buy/cross save, it doesn't hurt to be able to continue your game when you leave your TV ;D

Thanks OP. Hadn't heard of many of these. Fuck all the "not exclusive" people. Just fucking go away. It's so tiresome. We get it, you own a PC. Congrats. Have a cookie.

You're most welcome RadarScope1, glad that you're learning about a few of them for the first time!

Awesome list indeed.
*lovingly hugs imported white vita-1000*

*<:)

Thank you Rixa :)

I miss Bullet Girls on the list.
tumblr_ltli5qeaq91qzy4n9.gif

Hey. If Girls Und Panzer, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Arcana Heart 3 are on the list, why not Bullet Girls too ;)

Why not indeed ;)? Thanks MQX - added to the OP!

Wow. All of them are coming to NA? Awesome!

Most of them are :) If you had any specific inquiries let us know :D

Awesome list OP, thanks for the hard work.
There are plenty of titles I'm interested in, I'll be playing my Vita for so many years.

You are most welcome Staal :) Likewise, have so much stuff to play on my Vita.

As a 3DS owner, the PS Vita looks so promising and these screens have definitely made me think about getting one.

You *definitely* won't regret it, especially if you don't care about playing a lot of games on the Vita rather than the PC (Steam, etc).

Fady K, you're a hero and my wallet hates you (there's a bunch of sure purchases listed I didn't remember). Cheers!

Subbed.

Haha! I'm sorry to hear that maouvin :p With PS+ you'll likely get a lot of great deals though ;D Happy that you liked the thread!

*hugs OLED vita

I wonder if most or all will be free on ps+? I guess eventually right?

With two games a month free for the Vita through PS+ there's much for us to play for free :D

Shizuka

Why not list them all, though? There are several japanese games that I could think of that aren't on the list, specially from Idea Factory (for better or for worse). Also, Ayesha Plus was already released in Japan and still hasn't been confirmed for the West, so not an upcoming release for all we know.

Why not list them all, though? There are several japanese games that I could think of that aren't on the list, specially from Idea Factory (for better or for worse). Also, Ayesha Plus was already released in Japan and still hasn't been confirmed for the West, so not an upcoming release for all we know.

You can help complete the list too by posting missing games along with a screen.

redcrayon

To be fair, the OP has done a blinding job assembling this list, which must have been several hours work. Thanks OP, subscribed!

If you want more added, why not put together a list of the games and some photos, I'm sure he'll be happy to add them. Otherwise, suggesting that someone, who's sacrificed that much of their free time to put a thread like this together, hasn't quite done enough to list every obscure title going is a little harsh.

Valkyria

Banned
As a 3DS owner, the PS Vita looks so promising, mainly because of the amount of support it's getting and these screens have definitely made me think about getting one.

Is never too late, but do not expect anything from SCEA. Here in Europe last fall Vita got some pretty good bundles, maybe after gamescom there are more announced and even a small price drop. 200€/$ right now seems pricey when you can import for less from Japan with an 8GB memory card.

Fady K

I would love to actually. Any Japanese games you recommend I add? Let me know and I'll add them up with screens.

Oh man oh man oh man! Just got way more excited about my Vita.

:D

MikeRox

Never too late! You've got so much great stuff to play through from before Sony decided to completely abandon the system in the West and even the launch titles such as WipeOut, Uncharted and other earlier releases like Unit 13 will feel next generation as far as handheld gaming goes :)

isshak_gravi

Bandai Namco Europe and Australasia Community Manager for Tales, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z and One Piece
I would just like to add that One Piece Unlimited World Red is on Vita :D and my platform of choice for the game.

LMN

I would love to actually. Any Japanese games you recommend I add? Let me know and I'll add them up with screens.

:D

Lol I'm not Shizuka, but I got a few Japanese game you could add.

Corpse Party: Blood Drive
original.jpg

Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss
51lX96nUxaL.jpg

Nisekoi Yomeiri
Nisekoi-PSV-Titled-Adv-Game.jpg

Edit: forget to add, Great OT, All of us vita fan really appreciate your effort =)

Not too late but if you're going to get PS+ then better get it ASAP, so you can hoard more games. But you already lost Gravity Rush / Uncharted / Wipeout for free, though (yearly games, I'm not counting the dozens of other monthly games).

kiriin

I'm sure not everyone has that mindset. Although PC has been my main platform for gaming; I would rather play indie titles like Rogue Legacy, Risk of Rain, Guacamelee, etc on my Vita.

Bitanator

Once a 32GB card is at a price lower than 32, then a Vita will interest me and many others. Lots of good looking games, my eyes are on that Digimon game

Faustek

Why bother listing the games that only have a japanese release planned? There are a shit ton of Vita games coming to the Vita that we never heard of, that may never get localized.

The other way around is true as well. Many great indies that will probably never see day of light in Japan as well :(

Holy what?! £55 from nippon-yasan! Much better than the prices I've seen so far, very tempted to go ahead and buy one now. Thank you very much for these links. :)

You're welcome. Just know that to sidestep the duty shipping can take longer. They send out orders every Thursday if I remember right. Do order a weekend and it'll take longer :)

How many of the games in the OP are already confirmed for PS4/3 though?

I'd never pick the handheld version of a home console game.

To bad, sometimes the portable versions are actually remade in some way, added content etc. Oh and do your own legwork. No way anyone will Google up 150+ games just to tell you which are multi.plat.

Never to late. All though I hear SCEA have a thumb up their ass and didn't realise people wanted a Vita and didn't stock it. But being replenished.

animus82

Banned
That's all well and good, but how many of them are big-budgeted exclusives sold at retail that aren't from Japan? Because those are the only Vita games that matter.

Now your list looks really silly.

Why are those the only games that matter.

I don't like and don't buy any AAA US games.

This system has the games I'm interested in.

I don't want AAA shooters or anything on this system anyways.

Oersted

I can tell you one thing; advertising the system is nowhere near my goal here. My goal here is to share my love of a system and its games with a gaming forum I love. Why? Because it is a system that has plenty of unrecognized upcoming games that can surprise people, as evidenced by this thread. I'm not getting a cent out of any of this. Seeing the admiration of these games by fellow posters does make me happy though ;)

Sharing a bunch of games based on numbers like plattformholders love to do, without a single shred of critical thinking (will the game be any good, how will it run on Vita...) is blatant advertisement ;)

And yes, you are motivated by being a fan and not by money.

Kimppis

That's an impressive list. Too many games lol. Oreshika looks interesting, I don't even know why.

I got my Vita a few months ago and I'm loving it. Sure, it's lacking in retail exclusives, but that's fine imo. And it's not like there aren't any, quite the opposite. Indies are perfect on the system, loved Hotline Miami, a game that I would have never played on a home system. Playing HD collections of my PS2 favourites (MGS, Sly, R&C) on the go is pretty mindblowing (thank you SCEE, the PS4 store still sucks ass, though). Not to mention that I never owned a PSP, so that makes my Vita backlog even bigger.

PS3 + PS4 + Vita and PS Plus. Dat unprecented value. Did I mention remote play? Earlier I thought that Vita was a joke: "no gaems, lol." But now I've seen the light. Vita is a beast.

To all 3DS owners: get it. Now. 3DS and Vita complement each other extremely well. You can find one for very cheap, especially used. And the games are inexpensive too. Memory cards, on the other hand... well... I'm enjoying the system so much that I still ordered a 64gb card from Japan, even though I get physical versions every time they are available.

B.O.O.M

Sharing a bunch of games based on numbers like plattformholders love to do, without a single shred of critical thinking (will the game be any good, how will it run on Vita...) is blatant advertisement ;)

Please just stop this nonsense. Upcoming game threads happen all the time for all consoles. it's not advertisement unless you have a weird idea of what advertisements actually are. If this is promotion then all threads that shed a positive light or are informative in nature would be considered an advertisement.

If you don't like it then that's fine but don't try to be cheeky and call out the OP for ridiculous reasons.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I love my Vita and want it to keep up, but you guys are putting too much weight on Japanese only games as benefits to owning the system. No one lists them in other threads for people to own a certain console, and the majority of people in English speaking countries can't/won't play them.

Great thread and I really appreciate for taking time on creating this thread. There are so many games but mostly indie still its great collection of games which is better suited to on the Go gaming. This collection and a mix of some AAA games from future should be enough.

Percy

Banned
I love my Vita and want it to keep up, but you guys are putting too much weight on Japanese only games as benefits to owning the system. No one lists them in other threads for people to own a certain console, and the majority of people in English speaking countries can't/won't play them.

In fairness, which other consoles have a lot of Japan made games coming out for them that are region free? No reason not to include them in a thread looking at a console's upcoming line up... especially seeing how many obscure Japanese handheld titles get localised these days.

And also, where are you seeing the Japan only games being presented as a reason to buy the console in the thread? I don't think I've seen anyone post that.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
In fairness, which other consoles have a lot of Japan made games coming out for them that are region free? No reason not to include them in a thread looking at a console's upcoming line up... especially seeing how many obscure Japanese handheld titles get localised these days.

And also, where are you seeing the Japan only games being presented as a reason to buy the console in the thread? I don't think I've seen anyone post that.

I understand it's region free, but most threads on Gaf about it discuss how it's not doing well in US due to lack of games. I'm just saying the ones in the OP that aren't going to get localized don't add any incentive to buy a Vita if you are in the states.

Fady K

I did not know this but apparently Ratchet and Clank Trilogy will come out in the North American PS Store on Tuesday. Cool!

To be fair, the OP has done a blinding job assembling this list, which must have been several hours work. Thanks OP, subscribed!

If you want more added, why not put together a list of the games and some photos, I'm sure he'll be happy to add them. Otherwise, suggesting that someone, who's sacrificed that much of their free time to put a thread like this together, hasn't quite done enough to list every obscure title going is a little harsh.

I gladly will redcrayon. The more complete this list for all posters to sift through the better ^^

I would just like to add that One Piece Unlimited World Red is on Vita :D and my platform of choice for the game.

Good choice isshak. Added :) thanks!

Lol I'm not Shizuka, but I got a few Japanese game you could add.

Edit: forget to add, Great OT, All of us vita fan really appreciate your effort =)

Thank you very much buddy, I added Corpse Party previously (i'm too big of a fan to miss that one ;D) but thanks a lot for the other two. Added!

I'm humbled by your kind words, thank you. Here's to many awesome games for us to play through :D

Well done on the thread!! Sub'd

Thank you very much sajj! We'll keep it growing in time when more stuff get announced. Stay tuned.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/20/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-7222014/

why don't they list it as ps4, vita for oddworld?

great thread op, subbing.

Thank you very much Spacecadet. As Takao said below, apparently it is coming out later than the PS4 version.

I would give more details about it but the thing is, 165+ games man. It took me hours just finding the games and sharing images, how long would it have taken me to go into detail :p? Furthermore, if I got into too much detail, I'll probably give too much for the readers to sift through. At this stage, as Vita games come out, us gamers here will very likely discuss it and talk about the pros/cons of each.

That's an impressive list. Too many games lol. Oreshika looks interesting, I don't even know why.

I got my Vita a few months ago and I'm loving it. Sure, it's lacking in retail exclusives, but that's fine imo. And it's not like there aren't any, quite the opposite. Indies are perfect on the system, loved Hotline Miami, a game that I would have never played on a home system. Playing HD collections of my PS2 favourites (MGS, Sly, R&C) on the go is pretty mindblowing (thank you SCEE, the PS4 store still sucks ass, though). Not to mention that I never owned a PSP, so that makes my Vita backlog even bigger.

PS3 + PS4 + Vita and PS Plus. Dat unprecented value. Did I mention remote play? Earlier I thought that Vita was a joke: "no gaems, lol." But now I've seen the light. Vita is a beast.

To all 3DS owners: get it. Now. 3DS and Vita complement each other extremely well. You can find one for very cheap, especially used. And the games are inexpensive too. Memory cards, on the other hand... well... I'm enjoying the system so much that I still ordered a 64gb card from Japan, even though I get physical versions every time they are available.

Many thanks pal! I too think Oreshika looks interesting. The visuals are just different and beautiful.

As you didn't own a PSP, the awesomeness of your Vita just doubles man :) So many lovely games to go through!!

Vita is a beast indeed. Most gamers who own it know its value real well! Agreed - 3DS owners - GET ON IT. You won't regret it! And on that topic, Vita owners, pick yourselves up a 3DS too, lovely games on that system too.

Let me get on my PC later and I'll share the ones I know of.

Would be very kind of you Shizuka, thanks.

Great thread and I really appreciate for taking time on creating this thread. There are so many games but mostly indie still its great collection of games which is better suited to on the Go gaming. This collection and a mix of some AAA games from future should be enough.

Thanks biglittleps. Again, having bigger games would be awesome for the system. I wish it would sell a lot more so more western companies and big studios can take some risks! We need more big original games like the one on your avatar!

Any chance of getting the list sorted by genre?

Due to the large amount of content it may be a bit tough but I'll tell you what I'll do soon. How about I mention the genre for each one? Would that help?

Takao

Banned
I understand it's region free, but most threads on Gaf about it discuss how it's not doing well in US due to lack of games. I'm just saying the ones in the OP that aren't going to get localized don't add any incentive to buy a Vita if you are in the states.

Here are the games in the OP currently without a localization announced. I added my opinion on the likelihood of these games coming out of Japan:

Corpse Party: Blood Drive (Likely)
Demon Gaze 2 (Probable)
Phantasy Star Nova (Questionable)
Toukiden Kimawi (Probable)
Wonder Flick (Probable)
Danganronpa Another Episode (Likely)
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk Plus (Likely)
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Questionable)
Sen no Kiseki 2 (Not this decade)
Girls Und Panzer (Nope)
IA/VT Colorful (Probable)
Destroyer Trillion (Likely)
Judas Code (Questionable)
Lost Dimension (Likely)
Irregular at Magic High School Out of Order (Questionable - I imagine it depends heavily on how SAO: HF does)
Bullet Girls (NeoGAF hopes not)

That's 16 out of 150+ games.

What a great list, thank you so much OP for putting it together. There's a good 30+ games I'll be getting there, with another handful I'm interested in depending on reviews etc. Glad to see the Vita get a lot of love from so many Kickstarter games too.

Top Bottom