• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

not sure if mentioned, but also nuclear throne

nuclearthrone_campfire.png

Kater

Banned
The Oreshika screenshot has me intrigued.
Pavilion looks also pretty great.

Some really beatiful games coming up for all the Vita owners! :D

Demon Gaze 2 (Probable)
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk Plus (Likely)

I'm having trouble telling whether "likely" or "probable" is better but I feel like Ayesha is "almost definitely"; whereas Demon Gaze is only "questionable" because I don't think the first did all that well in the west & NISA haven't exactly been snapping up Experience Inc.'s other games.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
There's a ton of games on there I'm interested in, but a lot of those I can get on other platforms. Indeed, I already have at least ten of them on PC.

One of the few that stood out for me was the new Disgaea, since I don't have a PS3/4 and I love those games.

I wish Persona 5 was a simultaneous PS3/Vita release. I had so much fun with P4G, and I don't want to buy a PS3 if I can avoid it.

Oersted

Please just stop this nonsense. Upcoming game threads happen all the time for all consoles. it's not advertisement unless you have a weird idea of what advertisements actually are. If this is promotion then all threads that shed a positive light or are informative in nature would be considered an advertisement.

If you don't like it then that's fine but don't try to be cheeky and call out the OP for ridiculous reasons.

Erm, I will explain again.

As a Vita fan however, I am astonished by the quality, variety and number of upcoming titles for the system. Even though a large number of the titles appear on other consoles, mainly PC, the draw of playing them on your Vita is lovely.

Followed by a bunch of sexist games, games which won't be really good and games which most likely will never come to the west and with the conclusion that over 150 games are coming to Vita, sounds exactly like Sony PR.

Hell it was. This E3
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/ee3-2014-over-100-vita-games-in-development

Just pointing out the obvious. All I was adding is that I wouldn't add games like Akiba's Trip to a "Please look forward to"-list. Opinions and all that

It's a list of games, tjeezz, if you don't like it, just don't post. The less you post the quicker this thread disappears.

@OP: thanks for the wonderful list!

Ace001

Not sure if mentioned and not sure if coming it vita, but what about tell tales' game of thrones... game

Also thanks to the op. Just what I wanted to see

Here are the games in the OP currently without a localization announced. I added my opinion on the likelihood of these games coming out of Japan:

Corpse Party: Blood Drive (Likely)
Demon Gaze 2 (Probable)
Phantasy Star Nova (Questionable)
Toukiden Kimawi (Probable)
Wonder Flick (Probable)
Danganronpa Another Episode (Likely)
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Questionable)
Sen no Kiseki 2 (Not this decade)
Girls Und Panzer (Nope)
IA/VT Colorful (Probable)
Destroyer Trillion (Likely)
Judas Code (Questionable)
Lost Dimension (Likely)
Irregular at Magic High School Out of Order (Questionable - I imagine it depends heavily on how SAO: HF does)
Bullet Girls (NeoGAF hopes not)

That's 16 out of 150+ games.
Soooo, Vita is doomed, right?

I just want my Duke 3D, which is a port, so I'll probably will go to hell according to some (negative) posters in this thread.

Shizuka

Here is my contribution to the topic:

Ar nosurge Plus

EwuBc6u.jpg

Bakumatsu Rock

Nzpha3V.jpg

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax

NRWj7jb.jpg

Dramatical Murder

2iPT83a.jpg

Rail Wars

UgMTyPK.jpg

Super Hero Generation

FaIeq3s.jpg

Chaos Head Dual

sI902vQ.jpg

Labyrinth Cross Blood Infinity Ultimate

SwHwB32.jpg

Stranger of the Sword City

MqflnY0.jpg

Neptunia U

uZOxj9i.jpg

StingX2

I really love these kind of topics, its what first attracted me to GAF when people posted them at the beginning of each year for each console. So much vita goodness.

yaffi

Hello there Yaffi! At first I was thinking of keeping it for western games but as the thread grew I figured, why not? If you are willing to add some that would be awesome and I'll add it to the OP. Thanks for the list and let me know if you wanted to add any pics :)

Okay, I think you already have some of the games I listed covered now. But feel free to use those that aren't in the OP yet. :>

Ar no Surge Plus: Umareizuru Hoshi he inoru Shi
D9gYQQ5.jpg

Bullet Girls
NHQQvkr.jpg

Chou Jijigen Game Neptune Re: Birth 2 Sisters Generation
S4wE101.jpg

Ciel Nosurge Offline: Ushinawareta Hoshi e Sasagu Shi
mAwC36u.jpg

Chronos Materia
gS7GWFW.jpg

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax
S7jBapo.jpg

Destroyer Trillion
LGjD8qD.jpg

Dungeon Travelers 2 Ouritsu Toshokan to Mamono no Fuuin
Kn8XU6P.jpg

Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki II
MUYZnq6.jpg

IA/VT Colorful
eyUV2Zt.jpg

Ken no Machi no Ihoujin -Kuro no Kyuuden-
IR7V4UH.png

Labyrinth Crossblood Infinity Ultimate
acZltFd.jpg

Lost Dimension
aw6WGG2.jpg

Monster Hunter Frontier G
qqriDIW.jpg

Shin Hayarigami
m9XXNns.jpg

Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss
UQFBwci.jpg

Ultra Dimension Action Neptunia U
nvjcv1v.jpg

Fady K

Here are the games in the OP currently without a localization announced. I added my opinion on the likelihood of these games coming out of Japan:

Corpse Party: Blood Drive (Likely)
Demon Gaze 2 (Probable)
Phantasy Star Nova (Questionable)
Toukiden Kimawi (Probable)
Wonder Flick (Probable)
Danganronpa Another Episode (Likely)
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Questionable)
Girls Und Panzer (Nope)
IA/VT Colorful (Probable)
Destroyer Trillion (Likely)
Judas Code (Questionable)
Lost Dimension (Likely)
Irregular at Magic High School Out of Order (Questionable - I imagine it depends heavily on how SAO: HF does)
Bullet Girls (NeoGAF hopes not)

That's 16 out of 150+ games.

I agree with the probability of your choices takao. Great to see that a vast majority are coming out in English.

What a great list, thank you so much OP for putting it together. There's a good 30+ games I'll be getting there, with another handful I'm interested in depending on reviews etc. Glad to see the Vita get a lot of love from so many Kickstarter games too.

You're most welcome man :) Not sure if your username is tied to the game, but if you haven't, check out Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc for the Vita.

not sure if mentioned, but also nuclear throne

nuclearthrone_campfire.png

Mentioned already, but thanks spacecadet. Vlambeer games deserve to be mentioned by default ;)

I wish Persona 5 was a simultaneous PS3/Vita release. I had so much fun with P4G, and I don't want to buy a PS3 if I can avoid it.

Given that 3 hit the PSP and 4 the Vita, I wouldn't be surprised if 5 hits the Vita as well.

Blessings to the OP and all those who help sing the name of Vita. Vitabros be praised. Damnation and misery on all you other guys.

Thank you kindly Gray Fox :D

Followed by a bunch of sexist games, games which won't be really good and games which most likely will never come to the west and with the conclusion that over 150 games are coming to Vita, sounds exactly like Sony PR.

Hell it was. This E3

Just pointing out the obvious. All I was adding is that I wouldn't add games like Akiba's Trip to a "Please look forward to"-list. Opinions and all that

If Sony PR had went to such lengths to compile a list there would be little use to go through creating one on my own. I'm not asking people to look forward to game x and y, i'm telling people that there are all these games coming out for a so-called dead system. This thread is for gamers to take a look at the upcoming stuff on a system they may or may not own. For Vita owners, there's no harm in finding out about games you didn't before. For non-Vita owners, this could be their best look at what is coming out for the Vita in the near future.

It's a list of games, tjeezz, if you don't like it, just don't post. The less you post the quicker this thread disappears.

@OP: thanks for the wonderful list!

Thank you Ruud :D!

Not sure if mentioned and not sure if coming it vita, but what about tell tales' game of thrones... game

Also thanks to the op. Just what I wanted to see

Is Game of Thrones confirmed for Vita too? Let me know and I'll add it if so :)

Awesome! Thank you Shizuka :) Added!

I really love these kind of topics, its what first attracted me to GAF when people posted them at the beginning of each year for each console. So much vita goodness.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Yeah, not adding a retail game to an upcoming games list sure sounds smart.

Even if he did omit it from the list, there would be dozens of people here saying it should be added to the list.

I don't even get what you're fighting for at this point. You're entirely welcome to go make your own list of cherrypicked titles. Please name the thread "Upcoming non sexist non Japanese Vita games."

kunonabi

a good ten games on the list for me which is my mark for picking one up. Just need to wait for Playstation tv to drop.

Thanks man for the huge list, I'll probably be picking so many of these games up on release!
P.S. I don't get the hate for Vita and I can only understand it as a fanboyism symptom!!

Fady K

Okay, I think you already have some of the games I listed covered now. But feel free to use those that aren't in the OP yet. :>

WOW. GREAT additions. Thank you Yaffi! Added them all up with pics. ^_^

Thanks man for the huge list, I'll probably be picking so many of these games up on release!
P.S. I don't get the hate for Vita and I can only understand it as a fanboyism symptom!!

You are most welcome bro, stay tuned, the list will grown whenever a new Vita game is announced :)

Faustek

Hell it was. This E3

I'll buy Akiba's Trip, I'll enjoy it, I'll play it in public and enjoy it.

ALL HAIL THE BULGE!!
if you don't get it I really like the idea of stripping cute Anime boys and getting pinups of them.

Seriously, Akiba's Trip may be creepy to some but sexist? Nope. Haven't seen any of the sexes being unfairly treated in that way.

Stranger of Sword city...omg I forgot about that...I really need it :)

Edit again...Shizuka know if the game is heavily story reliant? Will probably import it if it isn't to heavy text wise.

I had no idea Broken Sword 5-2 wasn't available in the US yet.

If we're listing games already released in Europe but not in the US yet, you might as well add the Ratchet and Clank Collection.

Glad I saw this thread. It's my first time hearing of Cosmic Star Heroine and I had no idea it was a Kickstarter. Hoping it makes it this year because it looks awesome.

jeremy1456

I clicked this thread expecting all retail games.

Left disappointed. 99% of the picks I simply wasnt interested in. Every platform has several hundred games if you include smaller digital releases.

yaffi

WOW. GREAT additions. Thank you Yaffi! Added them all up with pics. ^_^

You're welcome. And thanks for putting this list together. I usually know what games there are on the platforms I own, but a lot of those so-called indies really went under my radar.

Shizuka

Stranger of Sword city...omg I forgot about that...I really need it :)

Edit again...Shizuka know if the game is heavily story reliant? Will probably import it if it isn't to heavy text wise.

It's a DRPG. You can get around and play it, but not knowing how things like trap or magic works, it's not that easy. If you have basic japanese knowledge, I think you could play it.

I know right? I'm still a bit upset with Sony ignoring the Vita for Powers but I'm such a better mode now thanks to all nice looking third party games.

It's sad that a thread on Neogaf is the source for clarity of upcoming titles for the platform, but there's a lot of games here.

Faustek

It's a DRPG. You can get around and play it, but not knowing how things like trap or magic works, it's not that easy. If you have basic japanese knowledge, I think you could play it.

Nice, I can usually manage with a lexicon if it's not to heavy.

It's sad that a thread on Neogaf is the source for clarity of upcoming titles for the platform, but there's a lot of games here.

Still hoping that Gamescom will rectify it. Hell if they aren't the biggest idiots around, the pr people responsible, I'll suspect that they'll actually stream it with Vita games. Probably not the meat but at least as a side dish.

arkon

Nice list, but you've got Sen no Kiseki 2 listed twice. Double the pain. No way is that getting localized any time soon, and I'd hazard a guess it'll be the same situation for some others on that list.

VLiberty

Published by Devolver Digital too? Why have I never heard of this.

Because of Vita.

Maybe it's for the better though. The game has been in certification for a lot of time and those who were waiting for it got a little impatient for the waiting. Game should be out in a few weeks, I think

So far, I'm interested in:

Freedom Wars
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Trails in the Sky SC
Toukiden Kimawi
Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair
Soul Saga Episode 1 (Maybe)

Probably have to go over that list again. Not gonna have enough time to play all of them.

Thanks for putting this list together with all the screens. There was even a handful of games that I didn't know about. I'm slacking.

I clicked this thread expecting all retail games.

You expected 150 retail games, eh? On what planet has any system ever had 150 announced retail games coming out any time soon? What world are you living in where there isn't more digital titles being released than there are physical releases on any device that's capable of running them?

matmanx1

Wow, very impressive homework, OP. There's a lot of good looking stuff on this list. My Vita won't be in danger of collecting dust anytime soon.

A lot of awesome games there. Drifter, Brandish dark revenat, and Axiom Verge are my top picks...but...

How many of the Japanese games will be brought over. Or better yet, how many will actually have a dub? I am tired of this trend started by Namco Bandi to not have English voice acting in the games it brought over. I returned Deception 4 because of this. A game I was looking forward to. I just can't play a game with Japanese voices unless the characters look Asian, and anime they don't, not to me anyway.

Yakuza and Samurai warriors sure...as they take place in Japan. Tales of hearts R... no way.

Only other way I can stand no english dub, is if you can turn the voices off entirly. Give me that option at least and I will buy them.

I know so many of you feel the opposite way, but you all won with your "give us Japanese voices petitions.... " well they will loose customers too... unfortunate, as all they needed to do was give both options to people, and it would of been a win-win. At least NISA is still giving all it's games English dubs (at least I hope so..would hate to pick up disgaea 4 on vita all in Japanese..)

MUnited83

For you.

Hell it was. This E3

Well, you just proved that you know jackshit about Akiba's Trip.

So far, I'm interested in:

Freedom Wars
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Trails in the Sky SC
Toukiden Kimawi
Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair
Soul Saga Episode 1 (Maybe)

Probably have to go over that list again. Not gonna have enough time to play all of them.

Very similar to my list. Lost Dimension really caught my eye though, the visuals are giving me a bit of a digital devil saga vibe.

18-Volt

You guys and your pessimism. I know Legend of Heroes series had craploads of text but it's said that Sen no Kiseki doesn't have that much of text (i need a confirmation for this though). Besides, it's not that hard, we've got three Legend of Heroes games for PSP between 2005 and 2007. I know, some people say their translation were broken but I had no problem playing them. Better than no localization at all.

Kickz

For some of these games that won't make it out of Japan, how hard is it to play them in Japanese? And do any offer subtitles? If not why would they not do this?

Do you still think Chronos Materia is actually a thing? It's been nearly a year since we heard anything about it. The second team in Gust that we presumed were working on it have since released Ar NoSurge and are now porting it to Vita.

I fear it's pretty much cancelled at this point.

Maedhros

A lot of awesome games there. Drifter, Brandish dark revenat, and Axiom Verge are my top picks...but...

How many of the Japanese games will be brought over. Or better yet, how many will actually have a dub? I am tired of this trend started by Namco Bandi to not have English voice acting in the games it brought over. I returned Deception 4 because of this. A game I was looking forward to. I just can't play a game with Japanese voices unless the characters look Asian, and anime they don't, not to me anyway.

Yakuza and Samurai warriors sure...as they take place in Japan. Tales of hearts R... no way.

Only other way I can stand no english dub, is if you can turn the voices off entirly. Give me that option at least and I will buy them.

I know so many of you feel the opposite way, but you all won with your "give us Japanese voices petitions.... " well they will loose customers too... unfortunate, as all they needed to do was give both options to people, and it would of been a win-win. At least NISA is still giving all it's games English dubs (at least I hope so..would hate to pick up disgaea 4 on vita all in Japanese..)

Pretty sure you guys are on the minority here. Fans of the genre love having original voices + subtitles, hence why they are getting more and more popular.

Of course they'll lose some people, but that's inevitable and shouldn't affect them that much. Too bad for guys like you though.

Yasumi

Banned
For some of these games that won't make it out of Japan, how hard is it to play them in Japanese? And do any offer subtitles? If not why would they not do this?

Depends on the game. Hatsune Miku can be fully enjoyed with almost no knowledge, you'll miss out on the story in Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus, but the gameplay is still easily managed, and good luck trying to get anywhere in an Eiyuu Densetsu.

And no, they don't offer subtitles because they're not selling these games to an English speaking market. That would mean putting resources into an extremely niche feature that literally 99% of potential buyers wouldn't use.

Top Bottom