• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Do we know if Toukiden sold well enough here in the states to get the new version?

I ask as I've been holding off from buying the original...

MikeRox

More ports/multi platform stuff.

Why would anyone want a Vita when all you need to play everything the Vita has to offer is:

PC
PS4
PS3
PS2
3DS
Wii
iPhone/iPad

Surely having 7 other platforms in your pocket to access the full non exclusive library makes the thing completely redundant XD especially in instances where the Vita version is definitive such as the iOS ports like JAZZ. (could not get on with it at all on Android, plays like a dream on Vita)

PensOwl

Banned
Do we know if Toukiden sold well enough here in the states to get the new version?

Whoa, I've been holding off too, I just assumed we'd naturally be getting the new version. SSD is coming over, so there's no reason Toukiden shouldn't right?

Especially considering Toukiden's the far better game

yeah I don't think I have seen a single person just pull out a laptop on a bus, train or a waiting room etc just to play a game...and I personally will never do it either. Way too much of a hassle and not nearly as comfortable as a dedicated handheld system.

and yes I meant away from home and even on a plane included with my initial comment.
To be fair though, I have never seen a person pull out a vita in a waiting room or on a bus. I am also honestly curious how you can fit a vita in your pocket so that you can just pull it out.

No, I entered a Vita thread to know what games I can exclusively play on my Vita. I'm always on the lookout for good exclusives for that handheld.
Why should good games be exclusive? I only own a Vita, 3DS, Wii and ps3 and these Vita games are awesome. Should I feel dirty for loving non-exclusive games? Are they disgusting?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wondering how many of the games is exclusive is a valid question, no matter what his main console is or how closely he follows the news. If any significant portion of them were exclusive, I'm sure you wouldn't be so upset by the question. But regardless of how you feel, it is an important note for people who own other machines.
I have a PS3 with many games to even start thanks to PS+ but i play only on Vita, no matter if exclusive or multi, i have no problems with that.

I don't know how to explain, if he doesn't know on what platforms those games are means that he knows basically nothing about them and instead of asking what is good or not, what he could like or not etc he asked what he is forced to play on Vita and what he can play on anything else.

LMN

Wondering how many of the games is exclusive is a valid question, no matter what his main console is or how closely he follows the news. If any significant portion of them were exclusive, I'm sure you wouldn't be so upset by the question. But regardless of how you feel, it is an important note for people who own other machines.

It's not wrong to ask about exclusive, but the way Deadpool_x's question is phrase, is rather asking for console war, whether that is his intention or not.

Valkyria

Banned

Why would anyone want a Vita when all you need to play everything the Vita has to offer is:

PC
PS4
PS3
PS2
3DS
Wii
iPhone/iPad

Surely having 7 other platforms in your pocket to access the full non exclusive library makes the thing completely redundant XD especially in instances where the Vita version is definitive such as the iOS ports like JAZZ. (could not get on with it at all on Android, plays like a dream on Vita)

What you did there, I saw it.

Yep, I've been doing the same thing, don't want to buy the original version then they turn right around and localize Extreme. If they don't localize it by the end of the year I'm" going to go ahead and get the original version.

B.O.O.M

What's your point? As a PS3/PC owner, you can give me a list of 500 games for 360 and i would still wonder which titles were exclusives. And that is okay.

Point is you pulling that you wouldn't be like this if most titles weren't exclusives comment makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I know you want to do a this is because these are vita fans point in this thread but the reason behind if falls apart once you realize most games are not exclusives to begin with in any console or pc.

To be fair though, I have never seen a person pull out a vita in a waiting room or on a bus. I am also honestly curious how you can fit a vita in your pocket so that you can just pull it out.

Simple explanation for you not having seen a vita. It's not a big seller. Laptops, are everywhere. Big difference and again something that I thought would be fairly obvious.

No I have my vita on one of the outside pockets of my backpack or whatever bag I'm carrying. It's easy to pop it in and out and it's easier and more comfortable to play than a laptop ever could be.

and how does the laptop fall in to your scenario of fitting it in your pocket? Make up your mind already

JeTmAn81

PC
PS4
PS3
PS2
3DS
Wii
iPhone/iPad

Pretty much why the Vita remains relevant to people who love gaming on the go. Yeah you can get most of its best stuff on a million other platforms, but how many of them fit in your pocket and have that beautiful screen and perfect buttons? If the 3DS got more ports it would be competitive in this sense, but the indie scene doesn't care about the 3DS. Or rather, there aren't nearly as many development tools with the option of "Press X to spit out 3DS version".

PC
PS4
PS3
PS2
3DS
Wii
iPhone/iPad

The thing is, not enough people want a vita .

Ponn

Banned
What's your point? As a PS3/PC owner, you can give me a list of 500 games for 360 and i would still wonder which titles were exclusives. And that is okay.

Sure, but do your own damn legwork to find out which ones are on the platforms you own and want to play on. It's a hundred times more efficient for YOU to research what games YOU are actually interested in. It's also less grating and distracting on those that come into a thread and specifically want to talk about games for that platform in the thread title.

Also people aren't new to forums, the majority of people know the tricks trolls play and just aren't tolerant of the ploys regardless if the poster intended to troll or not. (in this case doing this already derailed the thread, case in point) Instead of acting indignant just take two minutes and hit google instead of asking others to do your work for them after someone already went to all that work to put together a thread like this. It's actually really disrespectful.

Rnr1224

Freedom wars looks like a definite buy for me. And SAO looks interesting besides all of the romancing stuff. I liked the anime and the combat looks fun.

LMN

Yep, I've been doing the same thing, don't want to buy the original version then they turn right around and localize Extreme. If they don't localize it by the end of the year I'm" going to go ahead and get the original version.

I would suggest you get it now, even if Toukiden Extreme is localized, it won't be coming out this year.

Fady K

Hyper Light Drifter is the only game worth paying attention to on that list.

Plus you forgot Gravity Rush 2. That would gave your list 2 games worth paying attention to.

Hyper light drifter is certainly one of the most interesting games on that list :) I didn't add gravity rush 2 because I wasn't sure if it was confirmed or just teased. Any ideas?

Well, the issue is: Both games will sell like shit in the west. SCE knows that. We know that.
So normally, both games wouldn't see a western release.
SCE thought: Well atleast bring it to the west in digital form = not much money wasted and people in the west can play it.
Some "people" in the west = Ugh, Sony don't care. Vita dead! Boycott! Physical Copy!!!!! Blahblah
So SCE should't even bringt these games to the west. This way, we wouldn't hear crap like the stuff I've metioned above (only the standard/ordinary shit we always hear, from certain people).
This will be a lesson for them, when their next "niche" game in japan releases.
"Are we going to see a western release for this game?" SCE: "Nope"

I agree Bundy, gamers have the right to want to physical copies of all their games, but when the only way to play a game in a language they understand is a digital download, they should be thankful IMO.

my post wasnt a complaint about there being so many japanese games, it was the opposite, i'm a j rpg gamer. My post was a sly swing at people in other threads suggesting that japanese games dont sell in the west yet on vita they keep coming, so they must be selling.

Thankfully there is an audience for such games ;)

I don't care if most of them are indies, because they look like some kickass indie games.
EFFIN' TETRIS ON MY VITA SON!
GIVE IT TO ME NOW! I NEED THIS TETRIS VITA IN MY VEINS NOW!

Seriously! About time the Vita gets a Tetris :D!!

Rogue Legacy coming in ~10 days \o_ 30.7.2014.

So awesome to have a GREAT looking title coming out so soon! GREAT game people. Check it out:

Here you go!

Subscribed for future reference!
Thanks for the effort !

You are most welcome IcyEyes :D

I'll be grabbing a handful of those but it's still a bit of a bummer to look through that list. It's a great platform for people who love Japanese games and indies, but I couldn't recommend the system to most of my gamer friends who have more "standard" western-retail tastes.

Most of my Vita use lately has been for playing cross-buy indie titles when I'm away from my ps4. Looking forward to some Vita-only titles like Danganronpa.

Totally understandable. Unfortunately from an exclusive games point of view, the Vita does not offer much at all. However it offers up so much gaming value that anyone can pick it up. Those who want it for exclusives only can still find a decent selection in there, but nowhere near the amount it deserves.

Whoa duke nukem 3D?! That's news for me

Yes :] Here you go - http://www.psvitahub.com/2014/05/duke-nukem-3d-megaton-edition-submitted.html

Here's the trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QfcUOG2E2g

I fuckin wish Corpse Party will get localized.

ME TOO. I love the series! Xseed have expressed interest in localizing, so here's hoping!

Add these too

Thank you Canis lupus! Added :]

Great lineup. Minecraft, Starbound, Rogue Legacy, Duke Nukem, Freedom Wars, Broforce

Indeed. Good choices by the way!

EDIT: Oreshika not confirmed for digital-only, there is hope!

When it was announced for the US it was not announced for PSN only (like Soul Sacrifice's expansion pack), so there is hope indeed.

Great list OP. thank you. So many games there I will be picking up.

You forgot Crimsonland by the way. It came out on PS4 last week and will be coming to Vita soon.

You are most welcome Novocaine! And thanks for the reminder about Crimsonland, added!

Good list, but the indies or japanese PS Vita games that won't see the light of day out West brings that list down significantly. I love the Vita too and been buying mostly physical games. Its a great little machine for sure.

True. Thankfully most titles up there are already confirmed for the west ;) Sure wouldn't mind more exclusive bigger budget games though, like Uncharted or Tearaway!

MikeRox

The thing is, not enough people want a vita .

This is true, but it doesn't stop it being my primary system. :D

I actually choose to get multi format stuff on Vita because I have a near 2 hour commute both to and from work and that sleep mode is just amazing for me. It offers a portable experience which nothing else comes close to at the moment, the problem Sony have is, not a lot of people want a sublime portable experience.

Why should good games be exclusive? I only own a Vita, 3DS, Wii and ps3 and these Vita games are awesome. Should I feel dirty for loving non-exclusive games? Are they disgusting?

Who cares what games are exclusive?

Well, I mentioned in a later post that the reason I was only interested in exclusives is because the Vita isn't my main console. I use the Vita for exclusives. I wasn't using this as an overall trolling thread or anything else. I was just curious for my own knowledge. You need not feel dirty for buying multiplats or anything else. I buy multiplats for my main console!

Simple explanation for you not having seen a vita. It's not a big seller. Laptops, are everywhere. Big difference and again something that I thought would be fairly obvious.

No I have my vita on one of the outside pockets of my backpack or whatever bag I'm carrying. It's easy to pop it in and out and it's easier and more comfortable to play than a laptop ever could be.

and how does the laptop fall in to your scenario of fitting it in your pocket? Make up your mind already
I wasn't comparing it to a laptop for one thing. Secondly, you admit that you don't carry it in your pocket yet in your previous post you mentioned a pulling it out in a waiting room. I can't imagine there being many times where you have a backpack when in a waiting in a room/line so I don't know why you mentioned that.

Ponn

Banned
I wasn't comparing it to a laptop for one thing. Secondly, you admit that you don't carry it in your pocket yet in your previous post you mentioned a pulling it out in a waiting room. I can't imagine there being many times where you have a backpack when in a waiting in a room/line so I don't know why you mentioned that.

It fits in my pocket, I take mine to work all the time.

Are you done now?

B.O.O.M

You said a laptop can provide a similar experience and then ask me about how i can fit a vita in a pocket......

I mean you are trolling at this point right? You can't possibly be this all over the place if you weren't

I almost always have a bag/backpack or something similar with me. On my way to Uni, on my way to school, or even on my way to an interview (briefcases, heard of em?) In a very few rare occasions that I do not I can always use a case for vita and take it with me if I like. It's a 'fact' that a dedicated handheld system provides a level of comfort and simplicity that can not be replicated by a laptop. So it's not the same at all as you wanted to point out earlier.

ps: unless it's some tight jeans or something the vita can fit in your pocket..but I would never just put a vita/ds/3ds or anything in my pocket.

Zareka

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/playstation-vita-japan/5889-sony-playstation-vita-memory-card-64gb.html

other places to check out

http://superufo.com/
http://www.play-asia.com/
http://amiami.com/
http://solarisjapan.com/
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/

the usual suspects when my wallet needs a beating.

EDIT: I should add that Nippon-Yasan is duty free for us in Europe. They have a base in France where they ship their stuff before "selling" it to us :)

Holy what?! £55 from nippon-yasan! Much better than the prices I've seen so far, very tempted to go ahead and buy one now. Thank you very much for these links. :)

Since a lot of these games can be considered "handheld exclusives", shouldn't you guys asking for "pure exclusives" ask yourselves if you really need a handheld system in the first place?

You said a laptop can provide a similar experience and then ask me about how i can fit a vita in a pocket......

I mean you are trolling at this point right? You can't possibly be this all over the place if you weren't

I almost always have a bag/backpack or something similar with me. On my way to Uni, on my way to school, or even on my way to an interview (briefcases, heard of em?) In a very few rare occasions that I do not I can always use a case for vita and take it with me if I like. It's a 'fact' that a dedicated handheld system provides a level of comfort and simplicity that can not be replicated by a laptop. So it's not the same at all as you wanted to point out earlier.

ps: unless it's some tight jeans or something the vita can fit in your pocket..but I would never just put a vita/ds/3ds or anything in my pocket.
I was actually very curious about it since I hear that the vita is gaming in your pocket quite a bit even though it can't fit in any of my pants.not trying to troll.

I guess I got a little too into it though and have gone completely off topic so I will see myself out.

Fady K

kidding btw, i hope sony re-stocks the vita. i guess ill have to buy the borderlands bundle if thats the only thing available right now

What is up with the Vita not being available by the way? Would really suck if they're lowering stocks everywhere.

You're right, they're developed by two different team though.
They keep saying that it's stil coming:
https://twitter.com/Disionity/status/489478501205282816

Let's hope it will come out sooner rather than later, as the dev himself points out this Vita port has been in development since May 2011

Oh, and sorry, I was forgetting to thank you for the great work! :D

Thanks for the update VLiberty, in that case - adding it up! And you're most welcome man, I'm glad that you enjoyed the thread :)

You also listed games that haven't been announced for the west yet. Did you do this on purpose? If yes, you can add those too:

Ar no Surge Plus: Umareizuru Hoshi he inoru Shi
Bullet Girls
Chou Jijigen Game Neptune Re: Birth 2 Sisters Generation
Ciel Nosurge Offline: Ushinawareta Hoshi e Sasagu Shi
Chronos Materia
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax
Destroyer Trillion
Dungeon Travelers 2 Ouritsu Toshokan to Mamono no Fuuin
Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki II
IA/VT Colorful
Ken no Machi no Ihoujin -Kuro no Kyuuden-
Labyrinth Crossblood Infinity Ultimate
Lost Dimension
Monster Hunter Frontier G
Shin Hayarigami
Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss
Ultra Dimension Action Neptunia U

and several Visual Novel-style games.

I can add pics if needed.

Hello there Yaffi! At first I was thinking of keeping it for western games but as the thread grew I figured, why not? If you are willing to add some that would be awesome and I'll add it to the OP. Thanks for the list and let me know if you wanted to add any pics :)

I'm usually on top of Vita gaming, but can anyone tell me about Oreshika and World End Economica?

Oreshika is an RPG sequel to a Japan-only PSone game (no matter! Check out this trailer :] Here's a look at the game!

World End Economica is a visual novel trilogy, here's a look at the project.

That Broken Sword 5 screenshot is a screenshot from Runaway.

Thank you all for pointing that out. I'm ashamed of having made such a mistake as I'm a self-proclaimed Broken Sword fan!

Great topic. TC, I suppose by upcoming, you mean "upcoming in US"? Because some of this games have already been released in Europe.

Hey there FDC1; for the most part I meant upcoming in general. I did notice that some games came out in Europe already, like Moto GP14.

Great thread.

Thought my Vita was going to become a device I only use for remote play, but looking at those games thankfully there are a few which interest me.

Glad you liked a few. That's the thing, one of the main problems with the Vita is not many people know about its deep library as they aren't advertised or talked about much.

And here I thought I was knowledgeable and of Vita games coming out, some stuff I was completely unaware that's right up my alley.

Awesome! Glad to see you'll have more to enjoy now.

Thanks for putting this list together! Lots of games that I'm interested in. Hopefully most of those JP games will be localized. I really want PS Nova.

You are most welcome jacks81x. I'm not too sure about SEGA releasing PS Nova but I believe they should. It is an original title and it looks cool!

Great thread OP. Despite being an avid Vita supporter, I wasn't aware of almost half of the titles. 2014 is truly the year of Vita. So many good games.

You are most welcome bro. Best part is - many of these games are coming out in 2015 ;D So there's an even amount spread through this year and next year.

Kind of surprised how many are also coming to Wii U. It's good for Vita owners at least.

The vita and wiiU are the little ones that could in the gaming industry and deserve better recognition! The good thing going for the Vita is that so many from the list are not coming to the WiiU, giving it a bit more uniqueness.

Thank you for making this list, loads of fantastic games coming up. Here are some I'll be purchasing.

You're most welcome man :)

I'm ok with the download heavy future of the Vita. I love the little thing, despite its floppage in the market, and the games coming soon look good.

What I'm not ok with is the continue gouging of memory card prices, and the awkward process of turning off the system to change cards, only to find that anything not in a folder gets scrambled about wily-nily when you switch cards back in.

That, and not even bothering to officially release the 64 GB card in the US market. If you're going to make your console a download-dependent indie console, make it easy to have plenty of memory to download things. Solve that, and I can accept the rest.

Very valid criticisms! Sony needs to drop the card prices and release the 64GB card already, especially with the majority of titles being available digitally.

Rollers of the Realm looks like a brilliant title I didn't know existed 10 minutes ago

Atlus were wise to pick it up ;D

1. You forgot Gravity Rush 2

2. These are pretty much all indie games. Nothing wrong with that, but I really want some high budget 3D games. I don't need original games either, just some ports.

Has Gravity Rush 2 been confirmed or just teased with art? I do hope it'll be coming out :)

I would love more original content myself or at least more capable ports (the Lego games are good examples of ports done well, even if they are not that demanding).

Awesome OP.

Sony should hire you. I doubt anyone there in PR even heard of a tenth of these.

You are too kind good sir Faustek. I would be honored to keep Sony updated on this stuff as I feel they should give it far more attention themselves ;D

I'm importing a 64gb card for my vita for all the games I have for it. Excellent handheld

You have seen the light hodgy ^^

Did you miss Hotline Miami?
Or did I?

Can't miss a game that big bro ;D Up there on the list. If you noticed I missed anything do tell :)

What a great thread OP :D! I have been a bit negative about the Vita myself lately (its not like Sony makes hard; it seems like they say stupid things every week or something XD) but seeing that HUGE list of great games, I feel better about the system :).

Granted, I don't know if I'm going to get ALL of them but a great number of them look great and it further shows how the indie scene exploding on Vita really is giving the platform some new life. For some reason, Indie games just fell 'right' on Vita, either that is from the OLED screen in the 1000 model, the great D-Pad or just the ease of play via suspend/resume feature, they feel and play great the device, so the more of them the better :D!

It is also great to see more and more JP games get localized over here; while I am a bit irked about the whole Oaskoka thing, at least we are getting the game in US and EU :). I don't mind digital only if it means great games have a shot of coming over here.

Thank you for the thread OP, you are bringing some positivity back to talking about the Vita again :D!

Thanks a lot RK128! Glad you feel that way! On the surface it is easy to miss out on plenty of titles, but the truth is, as this thread has shown you, there is so much life in the little guy!

Personally, the beautiful screen really adds some shine to a lot of indie games (and more!) The wonderful thing about Sony's services (PS+) you'll get around two free lovely Vita games a month so you'll always get to try out games you missed out on :)

And yes, like you said, digital-only while not the best option for us is at the very least an option at the moment. More and more devs are taking the plunge. Some, like the awesome awesome devs at Xseed, Aksys, Atlus, NIS America, etc - they go for physical as well for many of their titles :)

And really, you are most welcome. Glad that we can share our love of gaming for a portable system that has a lot more to it!

yosp just retweeted this thread - hype. Awesome thread!

Wow, pretty awesome!! That is great, and you are most welcome EzioCroft!

Wow great work, there are even 5-6 games that i didn't know were announced for Vita. :)

Thanks for your kind words :)

As Vita owner i learned to ignore all the "Vita is dead" and "No gamez" crap long time ago i have been enjoying my Vita since launch i also have learned that the people who hate on Vita at every chance are people who don't even own it

Agreed. I know very few Vita owners who don't love their system. Once you get it and experience it, there's so much content it is insane.

Nice job OP. Way more thorough than my comparatively dinky list in the other thread.

Thank you Yasumi! You made a thread as well? That's awesome. I'd love to give it a look :]

Shizuka

Why bother listing the games that only have a japanese release planned? There are a shit ton of Vita games coming to the Vita that we never heard of, that may never get localized.

crinale

Why bother listing the games that only have a japanese release planned? There are a shit ton of Vita games coming to the Vita that we never heard of, that may never get localized.

Well Vita carts are region free so if you import you can play them.
For VN or other text-heavy games the language barrier is too high to over come IMO, though.

The problem with the Vita (besides memory card prices obviously) was NOT because of lack of games per say, it's not a lot of the games for example listed here are not localized!

Seriously where is God Eater 2? Where is Phantasy Star Online?

I want THOSE games and I bet those kind of games would do well in the US/Europe too just like they did in Japan.

...I really really want God Eater 2. :(

Hyper Light Drifter looks beautiful. And starbound is coming to vita? Sweeeeet. Heard it was good!

Starbound is currently in an unfinished state with extremely poor balancing, tedious combat, and generally boring gameplay. Not to mention, the dev team, Chucklefish, has not pushed an update (the game is still in Beta!) in almost six months, and they seem more interested in becoming a game publisher and seem somewhat incompetent. The game is years away from completion, and may never be completed especially since one of their lead programmers, Bartwe, left to make his own game.

Play Terraria instead.

Also, I am also very excited for Hyper Light Drifter; I will probably be getting it on PC though, but it is nice to see that the Vita has not be completely abandoned.

As Vita owner i learned to ignore all the "Vita is dead" and "No gamez" crap long time ago i have been enjoying my Vita since launch i also have learned that the people who hate on Vita at every chance are people who don't even own it

I do own a Vita, and while I don't hate it, the fact that I can play all the indie games the Vita has on my PC has made it somewhat useless to me.

dh4niel

How many of the games in the OP are already confirmed for PS4/3 though?

I'd never pick the handheld version of a home console game.

Shizuka

Well Vita carts are region free so if you import you can play them.
For VN or other text-heavy games the language barrier is too high to over come IMO, though.

I know that, but if we're listing them for the sake of listing, there are well over 200 Vita games coming. I do see that he doesn't claim to be listing all games getting a western release, but I'd think it'd give a lot more credibility to the list if it was so.

Top Bottom