• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Depends where you live, but there's a huge amount of them, certainly the FF games.

My particular PS1 favourites of FFVII, FFIX, Front Mission 3, Grandia, RE2 and Castlevania: SOTN are all there.

What you can't do is select a category for them- you have to search for them individually. Why not look at the SEN online store, check if your faves are available to download for Vita in your region, and let us know? :)

I'm from the UK, looking through the Sony store which is looking pretty good.

What are the Vita exclusives like? Genuinely good games?

redcrayon

I'm from the UK, looking through the Sony store which is looking pretty good.

What are the Vita exclusives like? Genuinely good games?
I'm a UK vitabro too.

Well, what kind of genres do you like? I love RPGs so Demon Gaze, Persona 4G, Ys: Memories of Celceta and Muramasa Rebirth all struck a chord with me.

Also hunting games- Freedom Wars and Toukiden are both pretty good. I don't play shooters much but I loved Killzone: Mercenaries, although I didn't think much of Uncharted. If you like action/adventure games, Gravity Rush and AC: Liberation have got you covered, and Tearaway for platformers.

I'm a UK vitabro too.

Well, what kind of genres do you like? I love RPGs so Demon Gaze, Persona 4G, Ys: Memories of Celceta and Muramasa Rebirth all struck a chord with me.

Also hunting games- Freedom Wars and Toukiden are both pretty good. I don't play shooters much but I loved Killzone: Mercenaries, although I didn't think much of Uncharted. If you like action/adventure games, Gravity Rush and AC: Liberation have got you covered, and Tearaway for platformers.

I'm into pretty much everything but love a game with a solid story that keeps me playing.

I just don't want to end up buying a Vita and not finding anything interesting to play.
But it seems that there's plenty to play haha.

redcrayon

I'm into pretty much everything but love a game with a solid story that keeps me playing.

I just don't want to end up buying a Vita and not finding anything interesting to play.
But it seems that there's plenty to play haha.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/03/playstation-20th-anniversary-discounts-go-live-today/

Hey, check out the sale that's just gone live, FFVII, VIII and Metal Gear Solid are all on sale an hour after you posted here, that's some real synchronicity! :D

Some good Vita stuff in that sale too- Metal Gear HD collection, Tearaway and AC Liberation are all worth a go for those prices. And you'll need a PS+ sub if you don't have one already- if you mean to buy a lot of games in the xmas sales the extra PS+ discount pretty much pays for itself.

Memory

Awesome thread OP, I picked up a Vita and Freedom wars in the BF sales along with Gravity Rush, Tactics Ogre and FF Tactics in the Anime PSN sales. Its great to see what other games are coming out once i get through replaying classics and the Vita games that i've never played so thanks for making the thread.

PS4 Remote play is awesome (not as great as my Wii U but its dam close) and its such a nice piece of tech that puts my 3DS to shame. I can't believe Sony have just thrown it to the wayside like they have, its a damn shame. I really hope they are going to do a final push with the Vita and not just let it slowly die.

redcrayon

La Mulana Ex, coming December 17 in Japan, Jan. 2015 for western release.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1lFo5EVntZI&feature=youtu.be

I'm shamelessly linking the gaf thread just so all the info and images are in one place for Fady's next update :)
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=944932

Also, Ultratron- looks like a psychadelic version of Robotron, the colour scheme reminds me of Pics the Cat.

http://thevitalounge.net/ultratron-coming-to-vita-next-year/

Speaking of top-down shooters, TheVitaLounge has put up a nice trailer for Project Root, a free-roaming shooter where you command an advanced hover-fighter. Looks like a nice take on the genre.

http://thevitalounge.net/project-root-will-be-at-playstation-experience/

Just arrived. I'll be also getting Ys next week and that should hold me over until 2015 (don't like buying too much at once). HELLDIVERS, Frozen Synapse Prime and Soul Sacrifice Delta are still on my short list and will likely be apart of my next Vita batch along with a 32GB Memory Card if I can help it. Christmas come early for ya boy.
IMG_20141204_182323.jpg

baekshi

Banned
Just arrived. I'll be also getting Ys next week and that should hold me over until 2015 (don't like buying too much at once). HELLDIVERS, Frozen Synapse Prime and Soul Sacrifice Delta are still on my short list and will likely be apart of my next Vita batch along with a 32GB Memory Card if I can help it. Christmas come early for ya boy.
IMG_20141204_182323.jpg

How much are you spending on the 32gb MC? If it's anywhere over $70, you should go for the 64GB instead since they cost around $80~

redcrayon

You beat me to it :D

What a bounty of cool stuff. Count me in for double-dipping on Shovel Knight. And Bastion, and Banner Saga.

Hey, I've finally been vindicated on RE Revelations 2! :)

Mildly confusing to get Towerfall: Ascension and Space Hulk: Ascension announced in the same week- it reminds me of when games were going through a phase of Series Title: Revelations/Redemption/Revolution/Rearmed/Re-everythingelse.

redcrayon

I know, but I've never played it before. Trying to find JRPGs in the UK was a nightmare back then.

In the same way, the PSP version of Tactics Ogre was a godsend for me.

Xenoflare

Bastion for Vita.

I am so, so excited for this. Day 1.

Cautiously optimistic for RE:Revelations 2, something about the game just rubs me the wrong way.

mellow

I'll be picking up a VITA at some point next week. I've built up a library that has some interesting titles over the last couple of years through PS+. I'm mostly going to use it to play JRPG's. I know most of the Vita physical games I'll be picking up. (MGS collection, Final Fantasy remaster, Persona 4 Golden)

couple of questions though; OLED or Slim? I believe I read that you can play a large chunk of the PSP library via digital download? any good JRPG's from that gen that are compatible? I had a PSP but was too young to care much and didn't play it after a month, so I missed out. EU store btw.

Shizuka

I'll be picking up a VITA at some point next week. I've built up a library that has some interesting titles over the last couple of years through PS+. I'm mostly going to use it to play JRPG's. I know most of the Vita physical games I'll be picking up. (MGS collection, Final Fantasy remaster, Persona 4 Golden)

couple of questions though; OLED or Slim? I believe I read that you can play a large chunk of the PSP library via digital download? any good JRPG's from that gen that are compatible? I had a PSP but was too young to care much and didn't play it after a month, so I missed out. EU store btw.

Get the Slim, it's cheaper and somewhat better.

ecurbj

OLED or Slim?
I had the Slim for a few months but had buyers remorse after playing around with my friend's OLED Vita. I sold it off to a family member and found a new unopened OLED at a local game store. Bought it and love it.

The Vita Slim is an improvement and the screen quality in not terrible or anything it is just that a lot of people you will see around the Internet prefer the OLED over the LCD.

The main selling points for the Slim over the original model are:

• Micro USB connection in lieu of the previous proprietary connection method
• Better Battery life
• The rear touchpad size has been reduced and the indents/grips on the back are larger. So it is easier to grip - especially for larger hands.

• 1GB of internal storage.
• 20% thinner and 15% lighter.

The main selling points for the original model over the Slim are:

• The OLED screen
• Looks more premium

It comes down too whether you think the OLED screen is worth it.

Hope I helped out with the "OLED or Slim?" question :)

18-Volt

All these announcements but still no word on Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and God Eater 2 Rage Burst localizations. Why do you hate us so much, Namco?

baekshi

Banned
We didn't even get a word about Sony's Oreshika.

There is playable demo at their booth. It's going to end up like Soul Sacrifice Delta, you guys will just have wait a week before release date gets announced for next week.

March seems likely because that's when big patch of games come...

There is playable demo at their booth. It's going to end up like Soul Sacrifice Delta, you guys will just have wait a week before release date gets announced for next week.

March seems likely because that's when big patch of games come...

That's good to hear, thanks. Still kinda weird that they didn't show it on stage. Are they afraid it might be 'too japanese' for their western PSX audience?

baekshi

Banned
That's good to hear, thanks. Still kinda weird that they didn't show it on stage. Are they afraid it might be 'too japanese' for their western PSX audience?

Oh, they didn't show few other games of their own that were western so this is not surprise.

No word on muppets for NA but that's a given stealth release here too.

I loved the Vita announcements yesterday, I can see me getting quite a few of them. The best of the bunch for me is Shovel Knight. I already own the 3DS version and love it, but I wanted a Vita version just because I prefer my Vita over the 3DS so I'll be buying that on day 1 (which hopefully means I won't have to wait so long this time, the Euro release for the 3DS/Wii U was months after the American launch).

Oh, they didn't show few other games of their own that were western so this is not surprise.

No word on muppets for NA but that's a given stealth release here too.

Honestly you'd be better off not getting Muppets. I got the game and its darn right terrible. Probably the worst game I've played this year :( I was hoping for a mildly fun platformer and it didn't even manage to be that.

antibolo

Banned

This annoys me too, it seems Sony always avoids talking about Japanese games in their keynotes, which is kind of the Vita's biggest strength. So you end up with people not owning a Vita thinking that it's only indie ports.

Fady K

Oh dear God, the games added to the Vita's library as of yesterday are freaking glorious. Can't wait to compile them up for everyone to see on the next update tomorrow!! BTW this is the first time in years that Sony gave this much time to the Vita at a conference.

baekshi

Banned
Honestly you'd be better off not getting Muppets. I got the game and its darn right terrible. Probably the worst game I've played this year :( I was hoping for a mildly fun platformer and it didn't even manage to be that.

I'm not interested in this game slightest bit. That and other recent Invizimal that came out in EU hasn't got announcement here. I wonder why they take so long....

Top Bottom