• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Damn I already bought Mario Tennis 64, one of the first games on there I ever bought. Oh well I made Platinum so I'm stoked.

Had 590 coins, had to spend $4 on ebay to finish the job. Finished the survey at 11:51 PM PST.

Ondore

Phwoar. Picked up 690 coins on July 1, but the site still has me as Gold for 2012-13. That should update soon, right?

(Had 590, and my only code was a WiiFit+ w/Board one. Oh well, easy Mario Tennis for me I guess.)

Oh, and yay for new thread.

EYEL1NER

Hope we get that Mario pillow.
I've seen several people in the old thread say they want a golden nunchuck. tbh, a golden nunchuck would be about as useful to me as the pillow would.

I think that pillow looks cool.
And nice OT, OP.

Clipper

Nearly home from my trip out to infrequent Internet land... Good to see some good reactions to the thread and that the transition has been made safely.

MarkusRJR

What was wrong with the last Club Nintendo thread? Someone could have just updated the older OP and it'd be fine.

Also, "US Club Nintendo" isn't correct. It's more like "NA Club Nintendo". I'm in Canada and it's the same here as it is for you.

A new year has begun and I have my first 80 coins as I work towards the next platinum.

But I can't wait until they announce the latest platinum prize. Please let it be awesome.

What was wrong with the last Club Nintendo thread? Someone could have just updated the older OP and it'd be fine.

Also, "US Club Nintendo" isn't correct. It's more like "NA Club Nintendo". I'm in Canada and it's the same here as it is for you.

Guess Canadians like us will use the old thread since we're not welcome here ;(

Clipper

Well, I'm in Australia, so it's not actually the same for you as it is for me :p.

In any case, that's just there to avoid the Euro questions we often ended up getting. At least I remembered to mention Canada addresses in most of the important places of the OP!

Goretrail

Already scored platinum for 2012, been saving codes since hitting plat last fall. Nice not having to stress at the last moment, lol.

Can't wait to see this years reward, Last years was ok, but I am so jealous of the Mario statue that I missed, would love to have a Zelda version... and get some damn pokemon stuff on the store ffs.

fatty

Just like with the Wii Homebrew thread, thanks Clipper!!

---

I had so many points from GBA and Gamecube games that I never entered. Somehow I knew about the hat and didn't care but I never knew about the 2010 Mario statue, which I would have loved to have. :(

DenisQc

Guess Canadians like us will use the old thread since we're not welcome here ;(

yeah, and naming that thread that way 1 day before our national fest is an outrage.

bagged milk bombing incoming ! :)

seriously, how is mario tennis 64 for a single player ?

MarkusRJR

Let me just nip the Second War of 1812 in the bud here. *changes title* ;)
Opens a bag of milk in celebration. :)

Is there any word on when we'll know the Platinum/Gold rewards? Are the usually announced right away or later? I ended up getting my pins 8 months after they were "available for choosing" so I don't really care all that much, but I'm still kind of curious.

Clipper

Opens a bag of milk in celebration. :)

Is there any word on when we'll know the Platinum/Gold rewards? Are the usually announced right away or later? I ended up getting my pins 8 months after they were "available for choosing" so I don't really care all that much, but I'm still kind of curious.

Usually happens around midday or so. They'll be shipped in November-ish regardless.

iphys

Lol, I was wondering how long it would be before they started offering up $2 DSiWare games for 100 coins. Wasn't expecting them to ever offer $10 games for 150 coins again though -- too bad I don't care for Mario Tennis. What a relief these games aren't going to be up all month.

Insaniac

hold up, if I was a 2010, 2011 and 2012 elite status platinum, I got the mario buttons, but I never got the mario and friends figurine :(

Clipper

hold up, if I was a 2010, 2011 and 2012 elite status platinum, I got the mario buttons, but I never got the mario and friends figurine :(

Stump beat me to it, but you would be the one I wrote this for:
Me said:
What happens if I qualify for Elite Status but don't answer the survey in July?
Nintendo assumes you don't want any prize and you get nothing.

iphys

Hmmm, they're showing 30 coins on the site for Pikmin 2 now, so I guess that confirms they are dropping it (to 20 once the early registration expires).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The Wall of Shame from the last thread.

Code:
User Name 	Posts

Clipper 	651
DavidDayton 	272
Roto13 	        259
Zeer0id 	235
Fuzzy      	202
donny2112 	121
jgkspsx 	117
Wario64 	110
Gravijah 	106
isny 	         97

Drago

July's games are really bad, especially when compared to last month. Hopefully the next games will be better, and its nice they will be coming sooner.

Hope we find out about the platinum award today. That Mario pillow would be an ok award, but I hope its something even better, and not Mario related. The gold Zelda statue or a special controller would be great :)

Jintor

Fuckin AU Club Nintendo gets the scraps as usual. I was so happy we even got those Zelda posters from last year.

zroid

Banned
The Wall of Shame from the last thread.

Code:
User Name 	Posts

Clipper 	651
DavidDayton 	272
Roto13 	        259
Zeer0id 	235
Fuzzy      	202
donny2112 	121
jgkspsx 	117
Wario64 	110
Gravijah 	106
isny 	         97

That's definitely not happening this time, nope.

Uh...

Code:
User Name	Posts

Zeer0id 	8
Clipper 	7
DavidDayton 	6

Crap

------------

So, are anyone else's progress bars not updating?

MarkusRJR

July's games are really bad, especially when compared to last month. Hopefully the next games will be better, and its nice they will be coming sooner.

Hope we find out about the platinum award today. That Mario pillow would be an ok award, but I hope its something even better, and not Mario related. The gold Zelda statue or a special controller would be great :)
I'd laugh and cry if NoA surprised us with a N64 controller for Wii. I'd be the ultimate troll for all the people begging for the SNES controller for Wii.

zroid

Banned
I'd laugh and cry if NoA surprised us with a N64 controller for Wii. I'd be the ultimate troll for all the people begging for the SNES controller for Wii.

That would be amazing (waaay better than a gimped Classic Controller with nostalgic colours)

Berordn

That would be way too much work for NoA. They'd be stickers of classic controllers.

Ondore

Same with me. As you can see here, I got two glitches at once - the "Platinum once you get 600 coins" and the no progress bar glitch.

zroid

Banned
Same with me. As you can see here, I got two glitches at once - the "Platinum once you get 600 coins" and the no progress bar glitch.

Haha yes, same here just now :p (with 605 coins)

Yeah thanks, I've been getting the coins fine, and it's being logged correctly under "July 1st" in the history, however no changes to the bar. I guess it's glitched then, no big deal.

Drago

If I learned anything this year, never do all surveys on the first day. I got 600 coins on July 1 last year, and then later on there were a bunch of extra coins to earn for that year (ambassador games, shorter survey timeframes)

I'm probably only going to do post plays and bonuses, and save registrations til the end when there wont be surprise surveys

Top Bottom