• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Synless

First year that I didn't hit platinum status. The thing I hate most is that I haven't been home in over a week and I had about 90 coins worth of codes I hadn't used yet that may have put me in the platinum status. Watch this years gift be awesome like the one two years ago.

zroid

Banned
If I learned anything this year, never do all surveys on the first day. I got 600 coins on July 1 last year, and then later on there were a bunch of extra coins to earn for that year (ambassador games, shorter survey timeframes)

I'm probably only going to do post plays and bonuses, and save registrations til the end when there wont be surprise surveys

That's my plan. I'll complete any pending post-plays now, which will all be expiring in a couple months, and register my two games which currently qualify for an early registration bonus (Pikmin 2 and Pokemon Conquest).

Everything else can wait.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I hate the fact that I get enough points to earn Platinum status three times over each year, but still can't pick up the prizes they have because I don't live in the US.

Prize... where is my prize!! I would like another figurine or a 3DS XL.

Thanks, bye.

Edit: it seems quite a few people forgot to make Plat this year, we should have made a giant reminder thread, soz.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I hate the fact that I get enough points to earn Platinum status three times over each year, but still can't pick up the prizes they have because I don't live in the US.
Sounds like you need to get someone in CAN/US to forward the prizes to you.

first time ever plat. I guess i never really bother buying much games until i got a tutoring job.

And those ambassador games sparked my interest in surveys lol.

zroid

Banned
Pikmin 2 is only worth 30 now? I thought that was worth 60 until like the second week in July? Lame.

Ugh. That sucks.

I managed to get 60 for it by registering last night, but apparently that was the short timeframe where the coin values hadn't dropped yet.

Ugh. That sucks.

I managed to get 60 for it by registering last night, but apparently that was the short timeframe where the coin values hadn't dropped yet.

Ya, the 4 weeks bonus was supposed to be until July so I thought the whole thing wasn't dropping instead it got cut in half and then will drop to 20. It's funny too because the registration page for it still says 60 but the suggestion thing at the bottom says 30. :/

zroid

Banned
So some games are still giving me full points (Metroid Other M) while others are giving me the lower amount (Kirby's Epic Yarn)

Daaaammit, I know there's no way I could have anticipated this would happen, but starting to regret registering those dropping Wii games last month :(

Daaaammit, I know there's no way I could have anticipated this would happen, but starting to regret registering those dropping Wii games last month :(

You'd be stupid to be regretting it. You don't know which ones are dropping and which aren't. I just got burned on pikmin 2 but yet they aren't burned on Other M. It's a crapshoot if you think you could tell which would and wouldn't.

pikmin 2 noooooooooooooooo

lol i should have used it but now its 30 points, oh well

time to get platinum asap for 2013 :p

lets go ............................. life size Samus helmet for platinum gift D: B^)

lol oops, i got 1120 coins for 2012 :/ stupid me i should have stopped at 600 :( wait, that doesn't make sense, need to add it up again

vdlow

Yeah, this is bad. This is my first year in Club Nintendo, I'm a Platinum Member and I'm also from Brazil. There are companies such as SC Liquidations that receive your package and then redirect for your country. If this year's prize is good, I'll try to use this service.

Poyunch

Shit I thought I had PLatinum status. Is it still too late?

edit: Mmm it says I have Platinum Status for 2012 but my Icon is a gold "G".

Coldsnap

Big shout outs to DavidDayton for reaching out and getting me in contact of someone selling Club Nintendo points. Only paid $7 for the 130 points I needed to slide me safe into platinum yesterday.

Drago

do you know if they email you about it? If not im just going to have to keep an eye out
Im not sure, but I think they do... dont remember. There may be a thread about the prize or a thread title change so you'll probably find out soon enough :)

Throwing my guess in for a crappy Mario themed stylus set!!!

though the pillows would be nice...Kirby or Mario or whoever but would rather a non mario item

Read the OP.

FEELS GOOD

LOL

Would LOL if they gave us all a NSAF.
What that? I tried googling but it made no sense >_<

anywayz: As always, since CN started, I hope for the Wii SNES controller. ANYTHING BUT THE PILLOW! Would probably be better than the pillow. If its the pillow, I shall get the calendars for the first time ever.

Disn't they reveal the prizes at midnight pst last year? It need to be sometime today right? Since the deadline for picking the prizes is the last day of July.

backlot

Disn't they reveal the prizes at midnight pst last year? It need to be sometime today right? Since the deadline for picking the prizes is the last day of July.

They haven't said anything about a deadline for picking a prize yet this year. If they wanted to wait a few weeks to announce the prize they could easily change the deadline.

Top Bottom