• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Elija2

I've already made it to Platinum. This is the first time I've made it so early in the year, and I still have CN codes to spare. You know, I wouldn't mind if they had a tier even higher than Platinum. That could be the tier where they give out the really good posters and greeting cards.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I've already made it to Platinum. This is the first time I've made it so early in the year, and I still have CN codes to spare. You know, I wouldn't mind if they had a tier even higher than Platinum. That could be the tier where they give out the really good posters and greeting cards.
Fingers crossed for Urban Champion 4D.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm finally registering my pokemons and smash today before I forget, even though I think I'm already platinum as well.

Unrelated question since someone here might know, is there a way to veiw the eShop sales online without starting up the Wii U?

VICI0US

Those pins look really cool. What is Club Nintendo NA doing? Get it together.

seriously, I just went to catch up on some surveys.. there are four rewards available, that's it?

guess I should be glad I blew a huge chunk of coins on that luigi's mansion statue as there's absolutely nothing else to spend them on and I'm already back up to over 1,000 with a lot more unregistered games.

-Horizon-

Sometime in jan 2015

Hopefully my Wii U will have shipped by then. BEST BUYYYYYYY!!!

a4a7vgn.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Did my Smash Post play survey. Already Plat and I'm over 1,000 coins. I know that's not anything big for most of you but for me it feels good man. :p

Roto13

I have 1405 coins and nothing to spend them on. They've given up on prizes, clearly. Hopefully that 3DS XL charging cradle will reappear at some point.

At least none of my coins are expiring this year.

donny2112

I have 1405 coins and nothing to spend them on. They've given up on prizes, clearly. Hopefully that 3DS XL charging cradle will reappear at some point.

At least none of my coins are expiring this year.

Yeah, but they've come out with special offers during the year the past couple of years, so they'll probably continue that this year, too. Those are typically high coin costs, so saving up is good. :)

Ondore

Funny thing I noticed with the Club Nintendo sheet being updated; Any release after October 16 (Wii U) or November 13 (3DS) will have at least a 10-point reg survey. No more 5s.

Man I coulda swore I was already platinum status but I check my account today and I am just GOld (150 points away). I'll go ahead and register a few games I was saving, but this is weird...

what is good that is coming out? i'm like 320/330 points shy of platinum. i apparently have never registered pokemon y, so i have that, and i have bayonetta coming. my friend is giving me his persona q code. might buy pokemon sapphire.

Balb

Kinda can't believe how pathetic the offerings are lately.

It's funny watching the stuff Sony has been doing lately in terms of being pro-consumer and adding value to being a Playstation owner. Meanwhile you look at Club Nintendo which is a very valuable program to Nintendo (encourages sales of new games and gets survey data which normally costs thousands of dollars to obtain) and the offerings have been absolutely dreadful. Fortunately the games themselves have been top notch but the company really needs to re-evaluate itself. Maybe for the next generation...

aechris

It's funny watching the stuff Sony has been doing lately in terms of being pro-consumer and adding value to being a Playstation owner. Meanwhile you look at Club Nintendo which is a very valuable program to Nintendo (encourages sales of new games and gets survey data which normally costs thousands of dollars to obtain) and the offerings have been absolutely dreadful. Fortunately the games themselves have been top notch but the company really needs to re-evaluate itself. Maybe for the next generation...

In Nintendo's defense, PS Plus costs money.

i-Jest

How would you guys feel about the Digital Deluxe Program integrated into Club Nintendo with purchase support for 3DS games as well? Seem like a good value?

Isotope

I wish DDP was for 3DS as well ever since it was announced. I would have gotten so many $5 codes from my 3DS purchases alone.

For some reason my Darksiders II post-play shows up as Costume Quest 2. When I open it, it is for Darksiders. But, in my history, the registration survey turned into Costume Quest 2, even though it was Darksiders when I did it.

donny2112

I wish DDP was for 3DS as well ever since it was announced. I would have gotten so many $5 codes from my 3DS purchases alone.

The DDP was to encourage digital purchases on the Wii U. 3DS didn't have so much of an issue, and the Ambassador games got a lot of people to hit the ground running on digital with 3DS. Still say the $0.39 (?) VC sales early on were the Wii U's equivalent "Ambassador" games. :p

Serious question. With the rewards in the state they are currently in and the lack of worthwhile gold/plat rewards in 2014, is Club Nintendo even worth it?

donny2112

Serious question. With the rewards in the state they are currently in and the lack of worthwhile gold/plat rewards in 2014, is Club Nintendo even worth it?

The big draw of CN now is the one-off items. The Luigi's Mansion statue for 1500 coins. The Smash CD if registering both games. The Gold/Platinum stuff is just a nice-to-have, and if the U.S. CN follows Japan, there may not be Gold/Platinum in the coming years, since they removed that in Japan.

No. Though there is a chance that rewards might be worth it again in the future. Hopefully everyone else who felt jipped at the reward offerings last year complained about it. This was Nintendo's customer service response.

Nintendo said:
I want you to know on behalf of all of us here at Nintendo of America how much we value your participation in Club Nintendo and congratulate you on having achieved Elite Status. It demonstrates your strong support and enthusiasm for our products.

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with this year's gifts. However, I appreciate your taking the time to share your comments with us. I will make sure that your feedback regarding the Gold and Platinum gifts is documented and shared with other departments to use as they see fit.

Again, thank you for participating in Club Nintendo-we hope you continue to do so!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We're suppose to get new games on Monday as well. Would be great if we got some new physical rewards in time for Xmas.

Lizardus

Slightly off-topic but if I need let's say $13 to complete a $5 voucher in digital deluxe promotion, do I have to buy a game that's worth $13 or can I just add $13 to my account?

Top Bottom