• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Gamer GT Sport impressions from GDC demo on PS4 Pro

fe7ws.gif

pswii60

The physics, sound effects, even the stuttering framerate of the PS3 games can all be criticised, but if there's two things that Polyphony always gets right with GT, it's the lighting and the jazzy music in the menus.

If those are legit in-game graphics then, once again, GT takes the crown in the graphics department.

Can't even tell that there are nearly 10 years between the trailer in the quote, and this old GT 5 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwcI66pcX9w

These "Vision" trailers are exceptionally well done, but they have been so for years. Let's wait for the GT Academy demo if this trailer holds up to ingame gameplay.

I'm really impressed with the latest showings, it's just too bad there's no damage model or better sound. This takes a lot of the fun away, at least for me.

_machine

Tried it out there for a couple of races as well, and it did leave me with a positive impression (especially having played GT6 again just a while ago). A lot of it was definitely the cockpit setup they had, but the general feel was definitely better than GT6 (compared to a G25, that is) and whilst the sound wasn't as good as pCARS or Forza, it was definitely a major step up from the horrendous GT6. Graphically it was great as well, especially the IQ was fantastic on the screen they had and I couldn't feel any framerate issues at all (but I'm not very sensitive to them either, and I mostly played time attack).

Pachimari

I'm glad I bought the G29+gear shifter yesterday. I just need some kind of seat and maybe a Pro and I'll be ready for Gran Turismo again!

That Vision GT car looks great.

xrnzaaas

If those are legit in-game graphics then, once again, GT takes the crown in the graphics department.

I know it's too early to talk (argue ;)) about this, but this would be a crown achieved under certain conditions. You can push the graphics to the limits if you don't have to worry about weather, dynamic time of day, a lot of cars on the screen, realistic damage model etc. And let's not forget that some shots are from the Photo Mode or replays and they often don't represent how the game looks during actual gameplay.

Mascot

And let's not forget that some shots are from the Photo Mode or replays and they often don't represent how the game looks during actual gameplay.

Lol, no need to dance around it - they NEVER look fuck-all like actual gameplay.

Everyone knows they're bullshots. Beautiful, beautiful bullshots, but bullshots nevertheless.

The bullshottery bullshittery just went stratospheric with Scapes, too. They are like bullshots cubed.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
With that sleek look of that car and that city shot, I was suddenly filled with sadness that we haven't got a new Ridge Racer title on this gen :(

Anybody know the song used in that trailer?

LOL.. I literally thought the same thing.

Azzawon

They've just announced a partnership with TAG Heuer on their timing systems in the game. Not sure exactly how that's going to work other than a little logo popping up like it used to on Formula 1 broadcasts, but yeah...

So when is the big announcement?

Before the weekend according to the guy that's been hinting at it. He said today that there would be a small announcement and a big one. The small one was accurate as the TAG Heuer time keeper announcement happened today.

They've just announced a partnership with TAG Heuer on their timing systems in the game. Not sure exactly how that's going to work other than a little logo popping up like it used to on Formula 1 broadcasts, but yeah...

i1d2u5ytcwmmdo0k0r.jpg

i1zigr3pgidenwuzj8b.jpg

gts3txjxg.png

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_5171798.html

Wiped89

Just bought my PS4 Pro thinking this was coming in spring.

Release the damn game already!!! Argh. Over three years into the PS4 and it still doesn't have a really good racing game!

Release the damn game already!!! Argh. Over three years into the PS4 and it still doesn't have a really good racing game!

If you've got a Pro and a wheel then try Project Cars, boost mode makes it almost a lock at 60 with most variables.

Pachimari

DriveClub says hi. It was not a Gran Truismo, but it was still amazing.

I hope GT Sport releases in November, so I can buy a Playseat first before we all start racing online against each other.

Wiped89

If you've got a Pro and a wheel then try Project Cars, boost mode makes it almost a lock at 60 with most variables.

I tried Project Cars and it was all right. Decent fun if a little un structured. I didn't have a Pro then though so maybe I should give it another try.

I hated Driveclub with a passion and deleted it. Seriously dull game all round.

I've played tons of Forza 6 and Forza Horizon 3 this year but on my PS4 all I have is Need For Speed Rivals and Need for Speed 2015, the first of which is okay and the second sucks.

Really looking forward to GT Sport.

CrayToes

Sounds and looks really fucking good. I CANNOT wait to see this in 4K HDR on my TV. I know Polyphony will knock it out of the park in that regard.

Top Bottom