• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Flash Sale 2/17 - 2/20

I know nothing about Bloodborne other than it received tons of praise. I played the first dark souls for less than an hour about two years ago.

Just bought Bloodborne. Wish me luck.

I was in the exact same boat but I bought Bloodborne at launch. I loved it. You have to stick with it and just be prepared to repeatedly die and be frustrated because it's all worth it. I still haven't played any other Souls game and don't really plan to until Bloodborne II.

ironcreed

Banned
It's not part of the sale, but I am thinking about picking up The Nathan Drake Collection for $20. Would not mind having that.

bman94

Heard so much about Bloodborne but scared that I won't like it. I tried Dark Souls on 360 for like an hour and I hated it.

I don't like overly difficult games to the point where they're frustrating. Especially since I'm working and usually can only get an hour or two of gaming a day I don't want those hours wasted not making any progress.

I really don't know if Bloodborne is the type of game that I would like. New PS4 owner if that makes a difference.

C-Drive

Heard so much about Bloodborne but scared that I won't like it. I tried Dark Souls on 360 for like an hour and I hated it.

I don't like overly difficult games to the point where they're frustrating. Especially since I'm working and usually can only get an hour or two of gaming a day I don't want those hours wasted not making any progress.

I really don't know if Bloodborne is the type of game that I would like. New PS4 owner if that makes a difference.

Don't get it, it can be very frustrating. I made the mistake of getting it because of the gaf-hype. Not my kind of game though.

Grabbed Adr1ft and DMC

I love space so Adr1ft even if mediocre calls to me especially for $5.
I started DMC on ps3 and liked it, but I am really wanting a good action game to play.

I got that $10 for $7 deal on PSN so I paid like $11 for both. Not bad.

Grabbed Sky Force Anniversary and have to say it's simple but great. I really enjoy repeat playthrough upgrade games plus this one harkens back to games like Raptor which I miss.

Not bad at all for $4

Darknight

Would Dark Souls 2 be better on PC like DS1 is?

I'd rather buy the PC ver down the line so I can do FX hacks to bring it closer to the alpha. Tempting for the game+dlc price tho.

Would Dark Souls 2 be better on PC like DS1 is?

I'd rather buy the PC ver down the line so I can do FX hacks to bring it closer to the alpha. Tempting for the game+dlc price tho.
As far as I know, the current gen versions of Ds2 are equivalent to the PC versions.

Bloodborne is a souls game and all of them are like that, if you have neither the time or patience to learn the mechanics then Bloodborne won't be for you.

While this sale has been underwhelming to some...I thought about it a lot, watched some let's plays, and finally bought ADR1FT, the Bloodborne bundle and Shadow of Mordor GOTY. Believe it or not, have never played those last two. Figured it was about time. I just got a PS4 Pro and am kind of binging PS4 games right now.

Planning to grab Horizon and Mass Effect Andromeda during the "buy $100, get x back" deal next week. Preorders usually count for those right?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Super tempted to buy Godzilla. I know it's not that great, but man I'm itching to play some movie monster destruction.

Docpan

Been years since I've played GTA 5. It's amazing how different the online vs single player modes feel.

The single player is one of the most polished, refined, and feature rich games I've ever played before. Holy shit it's even better than I remember.

The online portion is like a black hole of hollow, useless content with tons of choppiness and absurd loading times with no narrative themes or drive to keep you going. The online portion literally reminds me of Second Life and I mean that in the worst way possible.

i-Lo

I bought dark souls 2 at launch on ps3. It's absolutely fucking garbage.

At least you're joining the enlightened in the matter. It's better than the feeling of not knowing in a way lol

Dude, I just bought SotFS yesterday............

I was never going to buy the original DSII but I have read/seen a plethora of reviews about how SotFS rectifies quite a few missteps and also comes packed with DLCs. Here's hoping that it is not going to be complete waste of my money (CAD $15).

I was never going to buy the original DSII but I have read/seen a plethora of reviews about how SotFS rectifies quite a few missteps and also comes packed with DLCs. Here's hoping that it is not going to be complete waste of my money (CAD $15).

Same. I haven't played it yet either, so now there's some...concern.

You can tell me what you liked about the original and I'll tell you if this is or might be good for you. Because for me, it ruined everything I liked about the world design and enemy placement. The people who do like it are probably mostly in for PvP since it apparently does a decent job of it.

Even if the expansion adds some okay stuff, you still have to play through the trash to get to it. From what I played of the original it felt irredeemable but props to from if they managed to make it tolerable.

i-Lo

You can tell me what you liked about the original and I'll tell you if this is or might be good for you. Because for me, it ruined everything I liked about the world design and enemy placement. The people who do like it are probably mostly in for PvP since it apparently does a decent job of it.

Even if the expansion adds some okay stuff, you still have to play through the trash to get to it. From what I played of the original it felt irredeemable but props to from if they managed to make it tolerable.

I never played the original once the reviews started to roll in and it was made evident of the cut backs that took place in comparison to what they had shown off from the trailers and early walk throughs (most of it technological to fit on last gen consoles).

PS: I already have DSIII since launch but still haven't gotten around to playing it yet and I spent over 100 hours in DS1. IIRC DSII lore-wise isn't directly connected to DS1 and so I never bothered with DSII SotFSuntil this sale.

I never played the original once the reviews started to roll in and it was made evident of the cut backs that took place in comparison to what they had shown off from the trailers and early walk throughs (most of it technological to fit on last gen consoles).

PS: I already have DSIII since launch but still haven't gotten around to playing it yet and I spent over 100 hours in DS1. IIRC DSII lore-wise isn't directly connected to DS1 and so I never bothered with DSII SotFSuntil this sale.

Nah I meant dark souls 1. Because 2 is kind of a huge departure from 1. From the way it controls, to an unnecessary stat addition, to design philosophy. It killed my souls boner and I haven't even played dark souls 3 yet cause I just couldn't be bothered after that shit lol.

But you might like it, and there's nothing wrong with that...kinda.

i-Lo

Nah I meant dark souls 1. Because 2 is kind of a huge departure from 1. From the way it controls, to an unnecessary stat addition, to design philosophy. It killed my souls boner and I haven't even played dark souls 3 yet cause I just couldn't be bothered after that shit lol.

But you might like it, and there's nothing wrong with that...kinda.

I loved combat system the most; to be able to try out various weapons at their near best spec. Eventually, I fell in love with the lore thanks to various youtubers and respected their way of story telling.

PS: I was so OP when I started NG+ that I killed the Asylum Demon just by doing the drop attack on him on the first try.

Persona7

Banned

Probably not a good idea if early game Dark Souls frustrated you.

Plays great, looks great and the powers are really cool. But it's a bit on the short side and the map isn't as big as a lot of open world games are nowadays.
It's absolutely worth the sale price.

Infamous short? Can't remember. Don't think it was.

But yeah, great game. Looks amazing. Suckerpunch outdid themselves with this. Buy it and be in for a treat. Loved this.

Decided to get Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris out of this sale with $10 PSN card I got to pad out my Visa Checkout Best Buy deal. Don't remember a lot of buzz around the game, but I sure hope there's more actual tomb raiding in this one than in the ones with the fatter budgets; the IGN review vid I watched mentioned that there are actual puzzles in this one, so that's nice.

WetWaffle

Planning on buying Infamous SS, GTAV, and DMC4SE even though I already bought the last 2 already on steam, but my laptop can't run them and 'm not expecting to build the 1440p144hz pc of my dreams anytime soon. Fuck it, just gonna jump in

Velcro Fly

bought infamous. my record for finishing flash sale games so far in 2017 is pretty sparkling. bought five of them last month and finished four and i'm working on the fifth right now. PS4 backlog is deep but manageable right now. Adding another game onto that isn't so bad.

I loved combat system the most; to be able to try out various weapons at their near best spec. Eventually, I fell in love with the lore thanks to various youtubers and respected their way of story telling.

PS: I was so OP when I started NG+ that I killed the Asylum Demon just by doing the drop attack on him on the first try.

Well imo, combat system is...sort of okay except they added a stat that affects your invincibility frames lol. Actually things kind of feel off, but some people may feel differently.

And the lore feels like somebody took key words from dark souls 1 and wrote a shitty fanfic with it.

Top Bottom