• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Flash Sale Incoming 4/14

Zasa

Think I'm gonna pick up Siren, never got around to playing it back in the PS2 days & I'm in the mood for a horror game right now.

geestack

picked up day of the tentacle remastered and fantavision. very happy with day of the tentacle since it's cross-buy so i can play on my vita. fantavision is a classic of course

Remk

For those people wondering if a game goes on sale often or how much of a significant discount it is compared to other sales, I would recommend on checking out
Psprices.

I linked to Dishonored:DE there, so by looking at the graph it was released on August 2015, and it's biggest previous discount was $10 on November 2016, so this is its biggest discount so far, so it seems like a good idea to pick it up.

But the best advice I would give is that if it you don't intend to play it right away is best to just save your money and wait for one that gabs your interest right away,chances are it will go on sale again or you will have funds for a better purchase later,

Unless it's from a Japanese dev/pub that only puts their stuff on sale every 6 months or so those you have to take the chance when you see it.

Hot Shots Tennis is great. Enjoying moving up the ranks on the single player mode. I'm only on the third tier (intermediate, I think), and it's already starting to feel challenging. Had a blast playing against my son in the multiplayer mode. You can also team up with someone couch co-op for doubles games in the single player mode.

I miss the awesome story mode from the follow-up on PSP, but the gameplay is actually better on this PS2 game. It's easier to beat people with different shots, whereas the PSP game is almost too arcadey at times with people falling too often. I do miss the way the PSP game unlocks items and rackets that affect your attributes. But gameplay is king, and this PS2 game has some great simple arcade tennis for everyone. Totally worth 4 bucks.

Kind of reminded me of the difference between Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 on PSP and Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds on PS3. Open Tee 2 had far more content, but Out of Bounds had the better physics and gameplay.

For those people wondering if a game goes on sale often or how much of a significant discount it is compared to other sales, I would recommend on checking out
Psprices.

I linked to Dishonored:DE there, so by looking at the graph it was released on August 2015, and it's biggest previous discount was $10 on November 2016, so this is its biggest discount so far, so it seems like a good idea to pick it up.

But the best advice I would give is that if it you don't intend to play it right away is best to just save your money and wait for one that gabs your interest right away,chances are it will go on sale again or you will have funds for a better purchase later,

Unless it's from a Japanese dev/pub that only puts their stuff on sale every 6 months or so those you have to take the chance when you see it.

Thanks for the website, this will be useful in the future.

Magnus

Yeah, that Uncharted Collection price is insane. I'm glad I randomly popped into the PSN Flash Sale on the PS4 just now to scan the deals, and did a triple take on that price. So good. Easy $10 spent.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Purchased:

- Nathan Drake collection
- Last of Us Remastered
- Dishonored Definitive

Yes .. all remasters ... but all paving the way for me to retire my PS3. By retire I mean put it in storage .. ain't never selling it.

So, I bought the Nathan Drake Collection and the first game is broken. I can't even get past the intro where you shoot the pirates as they get close to your boat without it crashing 10 seconds in. I'm on my 5th round and no cigar. PS4 Pro here. Tried with and without Boost Mode. No fix.

mieumieu

So, I bought the Nathan Drake Collection and the first game is broken. I can't even get past the intro where you shoot the pirates as they get close to your boat without it crashing 10 seconds in. I'm on my 5th round and no cigar. PS4 Pro here. Tried with and without Boost Mode. No fix.

Have you finished installing everything before entering the game? Sometimes PlayGo for some games is just broken like that.

I was thinking that Valley looked to be one of the better games there, sort of like a non shooting jumping floating Halo of sorts. Also saw some really positive impressions on youtube but saw very few people talking about it here.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/valley/cid=UP2205-CUSA02790_00-VALLEYEXPERIENCE

I was really debating getting tlou since I never played it but all that dlc and stuff makes me feel a bit bad and I feel it will be plus one day

I am still wanting one more game, but wasn't sure if valley was better to get on xbox or pc since I started only getting exclusives on PS4 recently

Looking at Dishonored Definitive...

I already have Dishonored on PC, so is Dishonored Definitive on PS4 basically the PC version of Dishonored?

squall211

Ended up grabbing the Mega Man collection & Uncharted Collection.

Debated grabbing Dark Cloud 2 but I'll get it some other time.

So I picked up digital copy of TLOU, and tempted by a few others but trying to keep my wallet in order (plus Farpoint, VR Invaders, etc coming soon)

I was really debating getting tlou since I never played it but all that dlc and stuff makes me feel a bit bad and I feel it will be plus one day
The only DLC for TLOUR you need to know about is Left Behind, which is included. Otherwise the DLC is only for MP.

Looking at Dishonored Definitive...

I already have Dishonored on PC, so is Dishonored Definitive on PS4 basically the PC version of Dishonored?

Eh it's 30fps - and unless you have an ancient machine you probably can run it at 60fps on PC. It was a weird choice on PS4 but in retrospect probably was a calculated choice so as to not make the sequel look jarring. Does have all the DLC though

Uncharted collection, Wolfenstein the old blood, and Thomas was alone, now mine.
Ah man, I forgot about The Old Blood! Went to check on it but even though the link for Flash Sale is there, it leads to nowhere. Guess I'm too late. Oh well, probably better for my wallet in the long run to curtail my impulse purchases xD

How's the Bioshock Collection.

Personally I was really disappointed - mainly by the original. They failed to include a lot of the really atmospheric effects and the changed the lighting. It looks pretty different even when played on PC side by side with the original. Nice to have solid 60frames on console but was not impressed

I know I'm a sucker for getting the Marvel Ulti. Alliance games for $30 but it's been worth it, playing it with my son and it's been a blast. I wish they'd make a new one.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How's Killzone HD?

Not great. I played about 2/3rds of the way through and abandoned it. The punishing checkpoints are the largest offense as death often sends you back to the very beginning of a level. This alone will put off most newcomers easily.

Beyond that, the controls and visuals do not hold up well at all. Even by PS2 standards it feels lifeless and the gunplay is sluggish. Audio is terrible and in many cases non-existent(no ambient noise or music even, just awful garbly Helghan grunts mostly). The AI won't impress either and the stage layouts are droll, both visually and through design. Very straightforward with obvious spawn triggers and some occasionally infuriating placement for cheap 'gotcha' hits by snipers and heavies.

I adored KZ2 and was excited to try KZ1 out, but its a rough game.

Spinluck

Personally I was really disappointed - mainly by the original. They failed to include a lot of the really atmospheric effects and the changed the lighting. It looks pretty different even when played on PC side by side with the original. Nice to have solid 60frames on console but was not impressed

Well this sounds like a let down.

Have no idea why they changed the lighting. Wish they had some options or something.

I still might go for it just for the 60fps, but I already own the original 3 on PC. I really like the games so I was willing to buy again.

netguy503

In addition to Mad Dog McCree and Fast Draw Showdown the unlocks for Mad Dog 2 and The Last Bounty Hunter, the other Cowboy light gun games, are also 75% off to $2 but not listed.

I'm getting all 4.

I have the physical disc of both Mad Dogs and The Last Bounty Hunter on Wii. Fast Drawn Showdown was released on WiiWare but I never got it.

Where is the sale on Mad Dog 2 and The Last Bounty Hunter? They both show original prices (and yes, I looked during the flash sale to and they were still original price). Would of bought all three as well. :(

aadiboy

tfw you buy a $10 PSN card for a sale that already ended
image.php

Top Bottom