• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Flash Sale Incoming 4/14

It's one of the Vita's best games imo, very good Japanese style/Mystery Dungeon roguelike. Beautiful sprite work too.
Edit: oh you meant the PS2 horror game Siren, not Shiren the Wanderer, lol. It's an interesting game, if you like horror I say give it a try. It's a little dated, but has some unique ideas compared to other horror games during that time.
To be honest I was looking into Shiren as well so I may just get both!

sibarraz

Banned
This review by Jeremy Parish explains it far better then I could on mobile.

It's like the pinnacle of the genre. One of the oldest mystery dungeon games and this is the best in the series. Tons of content and gorgeous spritework throughout.

Just recently read this, but since I have to buy prepaid cards to get psn games, and I was set on to buy DMC trilogy, I bought the game

I really like the spritework, and in the OLED looks beautiful, it reminded me a lot of Fatal Labyrinth (the summary of the ps3 genesis collection even namedropped shiren, so I always have wondered how good the game was)

I think that I will love the game, thanks for the answers!

Ettie

Picked up TLOU:R and Uncharted Collection for the PS4 that I don't have yet. Fully expect them to be on PS+ for May/June.

autoduelist

The game is super long. I liked it but after 8 hours it got redundant to me.

Okami is awesome.

You'll play it, and love it, and then when you finally beat the game you'll be like, why does everyone say this game is so long? Then you'll discover the game isn't actually over, and you'll keep playing, and it'll start to feel longgggg and you'll finally get to the end and be like, whew, people were right, this game was long. Then you'll realize you still haven't beat the game and have a long way to go, and this is when you suddenly understand why even those people who love the game always talk about how long it is.

It's an all nostalgia sale for me:

Uncharted Collection
Fantavision
Hot Shots Tennis
Dark Cloud

Even with how 'bare bones' it seems, I'm surprised how good Hot Shots is. I LOVED the PSP game, and this feels very close. No involved campaign, but there's a ladder to climb and stuff to unlock.

cj_iwakura

I was gonna buy Fast Draw Showdown, but it requires Move. :(

It's one of the most hardcore, spilt-second-timing-required games I've ever played. The final gunslinger is INSANELY fast.

watdaeff4

Got the Lego Harry Potter collection and Mega Man collection for the kids for <$20.

Had the other games I wanted, as stated numerous times, the UC Collection price is amazing for anyone who doesn't already have it.

memphisba

Double dipped on Uncharted 1080P. Got the ps3 versions but it hard to go back 720P after experiencing crisp 1080 on PS4.

Got Shiren as well. Bit pricey even after discount. But it looks and feels like Shining Wisdom which is my fave genre therefore I caved in.

Menitta

Bought Uncharted Collection. Never played them before. I'll finally see what the deal is. For starters, UC1 feels jank AF. I don't doubt it gets better in UC2 though.

Also, all I've played of Uncharted was the beginning of 4 and I didn't know that Drake wasn't married to Elena at first.

The 60 fps cutscenes feel like a soap opera though. I don't like it...

I turned 40 last February and my mom got me a $50 Steam Gift Card. Bless her heart, we went over for dinner tonight and she says "I'm really embarrassed about this... don't tell anyone." She hands me a card... it's got a $50 PSN Gift Card in it. She completely forgot that she'd already bought me a birthday present when she got me the Steam card. Great timing! I got Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and the Uncharted 1-3 collection and still have a few bucks to spare.

Pein

Banned
It is necesary to play DMC 2 to enjoy the trilogy or I will be perfectly fine with only playing 1 and 3?

2 isn't necessary. chronologically its the last game in the series.

Got Harry potter, I was hoping it was $30 like best buy but saw it on sale, score lol.

I want to try out one of the PaRappa games, but which one? I understand the first one is more remaster and less port, but is it worth spending more money on?

Laekon

$22 for Uncharted Collection, Tomb Raider, and Dishonored is a good reason to final buy digital on consoles. Now I need to sort my storage situation out. Can you download the games multiple times?

McCHitman

Banned
I was gonna buy Fast Draw Showdown, but it requires Move. :(

It's one of the most hardcore, spilt-second-timing-required games I've ever played. The final gunslinger is INSANELY fast.

Go on... I've never heard of this game. What is it?

I want to try out one of the PaRappa games, but which one? I understand the first one is more remaster and less port, but is it worth spending more money on?

I want you to try PaRappa, but that game just doesn't hold up today. It's really frustrating when you are rapping on beat and the game says you're doing it wrong. It's not a flaw of the HDTV generation, it's a flaw in the game. OG PS1 PaRappa is the same way.

Crayon

That's a pretty good looking sale. I can't actually play anything more rn but I'll get dark cloud 2 for a rainy day.

I need to be sold on the cheap games I haven't bought yet, so please sell me on:

Tomb Raider DE
Hot Shots Tennis
Mark of Kri
Dark Cloud/Dark Cloud 2
Anything else that's worthy.

Yes. An unlimited amount of times.

Can you save your games to an external HDD yet? If so, can you connect that through a multimedia hub, or does the HDD have to be directly connected with a cable to the PS4?

I've been on a PS2 kick lately. Currently playing through the Team Ico HD Collection and I just bought Okami HD and Price of Persia HD. I guess this is technically a "PS3 kick," but the general sentiment remains the same. Excited to check out these older classics that I've never had a chance to play.

HYDE

Banned
I need to be sold on the cheap games I haven't bought yet, so please sell me on:

Tomb Raider DE
Okami HD

These are my picks for you.
I loved TR 2013 and hated the older TR games. Okami HD is beautiful and both sequels come packed in. A joke of course, it's just a really long game.

It is necesary to play DMC 2 to enjoy the trilogy or I will be perfectly fine with only playing 1 and 3?
DMC 2 is the game you boot up AFTER you've played and beaten the rest. You boot it up to see just how bad it truly is.

Man o man I hate that game, still one of the biggest letdowns ever.

Thanks! Must have missed that.

Lucky me, I got a Pro.

Now if only that Bioshock collection was worth picking up...

No tape for this guy. Yeah I wish that Bioshock Collection was a better game, I would gladly play through both again. For as good as 1 was, I really enjoyed 2 and the story even more.

Top Bottom