• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Flash Sale Incoming 4/14

Salarians

How's Bioshock? Pls respond.
Here's Digital Foundry's article.

BS 1 and 2 have heavily reworked visuals and most would say the originals look better. There are also some oddities with the sound compared to the original versions. Performance isn't perfect either.

Infinite is more of a direct port. Unfortunately, performance is all over the place. The opening area of the Burial at Sea DLC was exceptionally bad in my experience.

Disappointing package and I wouldn't recommend it if you can play these games somewhere else.

Is Okami worth playing after all these years, or has it not aged well? I want to play this game but if the mechanics are outdated I can pass.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Here's Digital Foundry's article.

BS 1 and 2 have heavily reworked visuals and most would say the originals look better. There are also some oddities with the sound compared to the original versions. Performance isn't perfect either.

Infinite is more of a direct port. Unfortunately, performance is all over the place. The opening area of the Burial at Sea DLC was exceptionally bad in my experience.

Disappointing package and I wouldn't recommend it if you can play these games somewhere else.

Thank you. Uncharted it is!

tempted to get primal. I have it on ps2 but never played it, and I'm interested to see what it would be like on ps4 with the upres versus the original 480i graphics.

Primal was alright. The story is the reason to experience it as the gameplay is rather limp and its very cutscene heavy. Not certain if even the narrative holds up well today(barely recall much), but fans were smitten by it in the early days of PS2.

Kri and Kasai don't hold up very well. The first game especially is wrought with technical hangups that make the game design feel unpolished. It's an interesting foundation for what would eventually lead to the popular Arkham/AC combat formula, but what appeared novel and unique back then is quite archaic and fussy to deal with today.

Still if willing to spend a few bucks, they are an interesting academic curiosity.

I loved Primal when I played it back on PS2, but I can't imagine it being all that fun to play at this point. It felt clunky at the time, but I really enjoyed the story and characters.
Kasai games were pretty cool, but I have no idea if that game holds up today. I just loved it for being a bloody Disney looking game. All I can recall is you had to use a analog stick to target enemies for combat, and it was a button combo masher.

Thanks for the detailed impressions and recommendations!

Demoskinos

Man I bought the RE Trilogy while it was on sale during that RE sale and now its on sale again for 10$ cheaper. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

TheFatMan

Uncharted 1-3 for 8 dollars?

Holy christ that might be the best deal in gaming I've ever seen. If you haven't played those games you would be out of your damn mind not to for 8 dollars.

Seriously, that shit is crazy.

Deku Tree

Should I buy the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection – $7.99 ?

Worth it?

Is it gonna go free on PS+ at some point? I already have a huge backlog but I never played UC3.

Got:

UNCHARTED The Nathan Drake Collection (Full Game) - $9.99
Dead Rising (Downloadable Game) - $12.49
Geometry Wars™ 3: Dimensions Evolved (Downloadable Game) - $4.94
Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (Downloadable Game) - $1.59

Good day for me!

Necrovex

Got Prototype 2 and Bioshock Collection. Been wanting to replay former for quite a while, and never got to play Bioshock 2

Bioshock 2 is secretly the best Bioshock game. Not to discredit the first game at all, since the world-building was astounding in it, but I saw BS2 taking the game even further because of the world being already established. Plus the gun play feels so much smoother in it.

Is Okami worth playing after all these years, or has it not aged well? I want to play this game but if the mechanics are outdated I can pass.

The game is super long. I liked it but after 8 hours it got redundant to me.

Should I buy the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection – $7.99 ?

Worth it?

Is it gonna go free on PS+ at some point? I already have a huge backlog but I never played UC3.

Hell yes. This is a steal at this price

Weiss

Banned
Decidd to go with Okage Shadow King and Steamworld Heist.

Heist just seemed interesting as a 2D strategy game and Okage is a precious little gem.

Bought Risen 3. A game I was debating on getting for quite a long time. Having never played the games before I was expecting them to be somewhat like Gothic since you know, same dev. Fuck the combat is just so damn terrible. Played about an hour, regret my purchase. This is where Sony needs to follow Microsoft and allow refunds. I know it's only 7 CDN, but It's still money wasted and it happens too often.

8 freakin bucks for all 3 uncharted games remastered in 1080p/60fps

8y2z9uE.png

Some of the best value you can find anywhere in gaming. Holy shit. Gonna buy it to have a digital copy.

Z_Y

I just bought it. I don't even want to play it again now, have so much stuff to finish first, but i couldn't resist.

Good work Sony...

Same.

Now how about R&C?

Some of the best value you can find anywhere in gaming. Holy shit. Gonna buy it to have a digital copy.

True but a reminder that there is no multiplayer. Only reason I can't part with the originals. :-(

Crumpo

Everyone buy Steamworld Heist, then ND collection. Now I have a US PSN account I may as well switch my disc copies for digital. What's the easiest way to get US PSN credit from the UK? Is it some Samaritan in the BST thread?

J3ffro

Damn, was hoping that Nioh, Nier, or Horizon would be on sale, but I won't say no to TLoU for eight bucks.

Agreed, as well as Yakuza 0 or Ratchet and Clank. Those are what my PS4 is waiting for in order to get used again. Building a gaming pc six months ago has not been kind to my PS4.

jacobeid

Banned
I gave away my Dishonored: DE code that came with my copy of Dishonored 2 earlier in this thread. When I pulled out the code I realized they all expire in about two weeks (May 1). If any other D2 owners still have their codes lying around, consider being generous to someone :)

In addition to Mad Dog McCree and Fast Draw Showdown the unlocks for Mad Dog 2 and The Last Bounty Hunter, the other Cowboy light gun games, are also 75% off to $2 but not listed.

I'm getting all 4.

I have the physical disc of both Mad Dogs and The Last Bounty Hunter on Wii. Fast Drawn Showdown was released on WiiWare but I never got it.

Fuck yes!! Both Wolfenstein games under $10 again, been waiting ages. I fucked up and missed them both for that low a year ago, not gonna fuck it up again!

Grabbed me some Ape Escape 2 for memories and Wolfenstein to replay the New Order.

Highly recommend the Uncharted set.

Ha thats what i was gonna do lol.

Uncharted is a great deal. I just finished 3 and it could be cool for someone new to the series, it was okay for me.

Oh if you don't have TLou remastered. get that. I held off to play it by skipping ps3 and just finished that early this year. Still top tier stuff.

How's the Megaman Legacy Collection on the PS4?

Bought it at launch. They patched it a couple of times and is really good, IMO. 100%'ed the trophies (doesn't have a Platinum, sadly), so I don't think there's any real issue with input lag or anything. Challenge mode provides some pretty neat replay value, makes you think like a speedrunner, which is pretty great because I've never "speedran" the games before.

Any opinions on Siren?
It's one of the Vita's best games imo, very good Japanese style/Mystery Dungeon roguelike. Beautiful sprite work too.
Edit: oh you meant the PS2 horror game Siren, not Shiren the Wanderer, lol. It's an interesting game, if you like horror I say give it a try. It's a little dated, but has some unique ideas compared to other horror games during that time.

Top Bottom