• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Flash Sale Incoming 4/14

So far I've bought:

Record of Agarest Series War Bundle
Parappa the Rapper 2
Disney's Hercules for my Vita.

Don't know what else to get.

lawnchair

Banned
i want last of us but i don't know if i need it. i don't even know if there's room on my ps4 right now haaaaa .... ah. i guess it'll go on sale again before the sequel, yes?

Shin

Banned
Bought these:

Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection
The Last of Us
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Metro Redux
Wolfenstein: Old Blood
Siren
Okami HD
Wolfenstein: New Order

Don't even any current gen consoles, but those prices were quite nice.
Waiting LG 32UD99 monitor to come out then I'll pick up a PS4 Pro + Scorpio.

dickroach

just finished Parappa 2. never got a chance to play it back on PS2.
not bad, definitely worth the $4. but Jammer Lammy was definitely a better sequel to Parappa The Rapper, though.
sitll, the game looks good, the cutscenes are as goofy as ever, there's a few cool song...

also it seemed pretty easy. I went through a few tracks twice because it was so easy to get Cool, so I couldn't even really hear the song.
and what's up with Practice Time? such a dumb thing.

Ricker

Very interested in Wild Arms 3, but I have never played a Wild Arms game. Is it worth it?

Yes,if you dont mind old style turned base battles...and look at the art style to see if you dont mind that either...its cel shaded but I liked it...if I go by your avatar you should also ;)

Having just got a PS3 a few weeks back to compliment the PS4 I've dived in and bought okami, beyond good and evil, dmc HD collection and wipeout HD bundle. The PS3 playlist is slowly growing!

Bought these:

Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection
The Last of Us
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Metro Redux
Wolfenstein: Old Blood
Siren
Okami HD
Wolfenstein: New Order

I bought the ones in bold. I already have and played Wolfenstein: TNO; it was amazing, and that comes from someone who doesn't even like FPS's in general. But Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us... Two of the greatest games of all time, at those prices, ooooffff...

Oh shit, I forgot, I was buying these games on the PSN Store on the PS4, but from your list I remembered I wanted to get Okami as well. But my question is... I'm a huge fan of the Zelda series, so how does Okami compare to the Zelda games?

LiquidGabx

Neo Member
Yes,if you dont mind old style turned base battles...and look at the art style to see if you dont mind that either...its cel shaded but I liked it...if I go by your avatar you should also ;)

Thanks for the recommendation. Just bought it! Saw the video at the psn store as suggested, and I got to say the turned base battle looks a little ahead of its time. Also summons ftw! For $5 ? Got it!

Vic_Viper

Are we still getting an Easter sale like EU got!? There was like 3 games in that sale I want but they are of course not included in the flash sale.

I've always heard good things about the Utimate Alliance games but $30 still seems steep.

Are they worth it for two player couch co-op?

Does it actually have " RPG elements" or is it just a basic brawler?

urfe

I've been JP store only for years and this is my first US flash sale. A question:

Do certain things always go on sale on flash sales? I'm kind of interested in Tomb Raider and Wild Arms 3, but wouldn't be able to get to either this year prob.

Picked up Uncharted collection because it seemed too good to be true.

Demoskinos

I've been JP store only for years and this is my first US flash sale. A question:

Do certain things always go on sale on flash sales? I'm kind of interested in Tomb Raider and Wild Arms 3, but wouldn't be able to get to either this year prob.

Picked up Uncharted collection because it seemed too good to be true.

Yeah, you'll def notice that some games hit sales way more often than others.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Wow Lego Harry Potter is damn good.

I had almost forgotten how charming these Lego games were when grunt-miming the narrative, before they added vocal sound bytes. So much better than recent Lego games. Really appreciate how focused this game is on puzzles too, other Lego games often get muddled with poor combat arenas that distract from progression and serve only to have you hammer on a button. This removes that almost entirely and instead just throws gags, and humor filled light puzzles at you constantly. Pleasant progression as well.

What? It's classic. Way better than the imitations they had to come up with when porting to other platforms with only one stick like the PSP.
I just like being able to move my camera and walk at the same time without having to claw, even if the camera controls were on L1 and R1 id be good, oh shit I can change that system wide huh?

I saw Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits is also on sale. Anyone know if it's any good? I don't even see many reviews on it on Youtube outside some super amateurish ones.

autoduelist

I saw Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits is also on sale. Anyone know if it's any good? I don't even see many reviews on it on Youtube outside some super amateurish ones.

Yeah, it's really solid. Plays like a jrpg with sort of free flow srpg combat. You can move each character up to x distance (free move, no grid) and each attack has a circle of effect. If another character is close enough, you can trigger joint attacks. I really enjoyed the combat, though there arenas in the cities that I first found fun, then ended up OPing my characters and burning out.

Story is solid, it has multiple main characters that switch from act to act. Overall, definitely a classic and I'm surprised you couldn't find reviews. It's a popular franchise with lots of fans.

Wow, that 60fps adds a lot to the experience in Uncharted 1. Haven't played these games since when they launched and never even played 3 but this seems like a fine remaster. Totally worth the $8. Doing a playthrough of 1-4 is going to be fun.

gar3

Hi all,

I'm having a little bit of difficulty and I'm hoping someone can push me in the right direction here. This morning I bought:

Sony PlayStation 3
Zombie Driver HD Complete Edition - $1.49
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tion/cid=UP4380-NPUB50124_00-B000000000000505

But when I go to download it instead of 1.16GB or whatever size the game is I'm just downloading 6MB worth of zombie avatars. I checked around and tried to download some of the pieces like Tropical Rage DLC but it, again, downloads 6MB worth of 1/16 avatar pics. Signing into my PSN account on the 'Net shows I do indeed "own" the version in the above URL which states:
Zombie Driver HD Complete Edition includes: Zombie Driver HD full game, Apocalypse Pack DLC, Tropical Race Rage DLC, Burning Garden of Slaughter DLC, game soundtrack and 20 awesome avatars!
Also, when I checked my receipt e-mail from PSN I noticed this wording:

Zombie Driver HD Complete Edition (Add-On Content) ................ $1.49

Does this mean I only paid for a bunch of avatars? If so, why would the main URL state the game comes with the Complete Edition I bought?

Thoughts?

Hi all,

I'm having a little bit of difficulty and I'm hoping someone can push me in the right direction here. This morning I bought:

Sony PlayStation 3
Zombie Driver HD Complete Edition - $1.49
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tion/cid=UP4380-NPUB50124_00-B000000000000505

But when I go to download it instead of 1.16GB or whatever size the game is I'm just downloading 6MB worth of zombie avatars. I checked around and tried to download some of the pieces like Tropical Rage DLC but it, again, downloads 6MB worth of 1/16 avatar pics. Signing into my PSN account on the 'Net shows I do indeed "own" the version in the above URL which states:

Also, when I checked my receipt e-mail from PSN I noticed this wording:

Zombie Driver HD Complete Edition (Add-On Content) ................ $1.49

Does this mean I only paid for a bunch of avatars? If so, why would the main URL state the game comes with the Complete Edition I bought?

Thoughts?

Did you check your download list?
It's separate from your transaction list. The game, add ons and avatars should be on there to download separately.
You're not wrong, that definitely says the game included.

gar3

Did you check your download list?
It's separate from your transaction list. The game, add ons and avatars should be on there to download separately.
You're not wrong, that definitely says the game included.
Hmm. This is interesting.
When I'm on the PS3 and check my download list all I see are the individual avatars I can download one-by-one; however, when I check my download list on the 'Net I clearly see and can download Zombie Driver HD Demo for 1.0GB as well as the soundtrack and all the DLC (and all the avatar stuff, heh).

Whatever. I guess I'll click "download to your PS3" via the 'Net and go from there. Thanks!

Top Bottom