• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Flash Sale Incoming 4/14

Bought TLOU, Uncharted, DOTT, and Dishnored even though I don't have a PS4 yet. Also got Thomas was alone since it was free. Still debating whether or not I should get Tomb Raider and anything else.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Oh, cool! The Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Bundle is on sale - let's see the price.

$29.99

4csmjbjx36ms4d5.gif

Qwark

I remember the second one being widely regarded as the better of the two.

Looks like that is indeed the case. It's backlog stuff but I'll take it at that price. :p

I prefer the first one, it's got some charming simplicity and the second one felt overwhelming at times. Though I do agree that the second one is the more polished and generally better game. Love them both though.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
you plan on playing all those games at once?

Maybe, sometimes I get itchy to go on a Drunken Platinum Bender

If this is your first time playing those games, holy fuck you're in for a treat. Jealous.

Have Platinmued Uncharted 1-3 PS3, time to revisit them again
Beat Thomas was Alone on PS3 too, so revisit

Everything else 1st time playing

Meanwhile a mother is pulling her child out of the rubble in Syria.

Ok Debbie Downer, relax yourself

Kremzeek

ok i'll bite for that price for Transformers.

anyone play this remaster/port?

as long as it doesn't play WORSE than the 360 version, i'll be happy.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Maybe, sometimes I get itchy to go on a Drunken Platinum Bender

Holy fuck that trophy level dude. I thought I was a hotshot for being level 21.

.... Can we be friends?

Did the performance of the two Dead rising 2 games get patched? Last I heard they were iffy

How are the Dead Rising ports now? Remember reading that 2 had issues, but have they been patched by now?

I'm in the same boat. I don't think they've been patched, BUT I suspect they improve with PS Pro Boost mode on. I'm going to go do some googling.

Just how bad were those Dead Rising remasters? I'm interested in Off The Record.
Ok so I found a couple videos comparing with Boost Mode on Pro and the tearing on 1 is gone (it was minor). On DR2 the frame drops is almost non-existent now! Originally 2 would drop to 40-47'ish FPS in the outdoor sections, on the video with Boost it doesn't appear to drop at all! I would say that if you have a Pro it's a buy at this price.

I'm buying all the Dead Risings :)

EDIT: Just saw in our own GAF Thread all the DR's are mostly 60 FPS Locked.

Alright GAF, which of these PS1 Disney games are worth grabbing? (Already have Hercules in the cart as it is the only one I played and loved).

A Bugs Life
Monsters Inc
Toy Story 2
Toy Story Racer
Hercules
Lilo and Stitch
Peter Pan
Little Mermaid 2
Emperors New Groove.

A Bug's Life no doubt. Loved it when I was a kid. You know what? I'm getting that now myself. A shoutout to Lilo & Stitch as well.

Thetinman

So I don't have a PS4 but my boyfriend does could I sign in using my PSN sign-in buy Uncharted play it on his and then later sometime in the next few months when I do get a PS4 download it on to my PS4?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Dark Cloud 1 or 2?

Same question. I've never played either.

Dark Cloud 1 is more focused and straightforward. I actually prefer it. Just a good loop of dungeon crawling, combat progression, and building your base.

Dark Cloud 2 stuffs in a billion mini-games, activities, and other nonsense to keep you busy largely outside of the core progression. It also looks prettier. Most would argue its the superior game, but it can be overwhelming and it will constantly pull you in many directions losing the focus. But its still a fine game to try out and you will learn real quick if its a timesink you wish to stick with or not.

Clipse

Ok so I found a couple videos comparing with Boost Mode on Pro and the tearing on 1 is gone (it was minor). On DR2 the frame drops is almost non-existent now! Originally 2 would drop to 40-47'ish FPS in the outdoor sections, on the video with Boost it doesn't appear to drop at all! I would say that if you have a Pro it's a buy at this price.

Thanks for looking into it! Much appreciated!

So I don't have a PS4 but my boyfriend does could I sign in using my PSN sign-in buy Uncharted play it on his and then later sometime in the next few months when I do get a PS4 download it on to my PS4?

Yes. You can buy it with your account, make a profile on his PS4 and play it. Once you get your own PS4 you can play it on there as well. Doesn't matter if you sign out of his or not. You can share it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How are Primal and the Kasai games?

Primal was alright. The story is the reason to experience it as the gameplay is rather limp and its very cutscene heavy. Not certain if even the narrative holds up well today(barely recall much), but fans were smitten by it in the early days of PS2.

Kri and Kasai don't hold up very well. The first game especially is wrought with technical hangups that make the game design feel unpolished. It's an interesting foundation for what would eventually lead to the popular Arkham/AC combat formula, but what appeared novel and unique back then is quite archaic and fussy to deal with today.

Still if willing to spend a few bucks, they are an interesting academic curiosity.

How are Primal and the Kasai games?

I loved Primal when I played it back on PS2, but I can't imagine it being all that fun to play at this point. It felt clunky at the time, but I really enjoyed the story and characters.
Kasai games were pretty cool, but I have no idea if that game holds up today. I just loved it for being a bloody Disney looking game. All I can recall is you had to use a analog stick to target enemies for combat, and it was a button combo masher.

Smasher89

Beat Rive from the eu 10 euro getback, and seeing this many recomendations for uncharted collection made me get that (had to put in 10 usd even though i had 5 on that account already it seemed). Time to see what this series is about, I know it inspired the Tomb raider reboot, but will see how it is for my taste, seems like decently short but polished movie game experiences.

Alszem

How are the Record of Agarest War games? They've been on my radar for a while, but I never bought them. At 10$ for the 3 games, it's tempting.

kvothe

Yeah, but what if I don't have a Pro...

GeoramA

Guess I'll grab TLoU now that I own a Pro. Haven't played it since it launched on PS3, plus I never played Left Behind.

How are the Record of Agarest War games? They've been on my radar for a while, but I never bought them. At 10$ for the 3 games, it's tempting.
Mediocre. $10 is a good price, but AW 0 actually includes the entire story of 1 so it's not quite a 3 whole games deal you're getting. :p

The artstyle isn't convincing me on shiren, but I like roguelikes, why is so good?
It's like the pinnacle of the genre. One of the oldest mystery dungeon games and this is the best in the series. Tons of content and gorgeous spritework throughout.

Top Bottom