• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Golden Week sale 5/2-5/8

SephLuis

I need help GAF, I need help.

TALES OF BERSERIA or Gravity Rush Remastered?

I only have $46 in my wallet.

Either buy Berseria or both Gravity Rush.

Berseria is a great Tales of. Great characters and story for the most part.

Gravity Rush is a great game, but also a slow burn. Especially Gravity Rush 2 since the game in LOOOOOOOONG.

autoduelist

Definitely getting:

MeiQ - ($3 drpg! yes!)
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Lost Dimension

Would love feedback on:

Legend of Korra
Wild Guns Reloaded
Assault Suit Leynos
SAO Lost Song
Fate / Extella
Rive
Astebreed
Croixleur Sigma
Deception IV
Mimana Iyar Chronicle

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Bought stiens gate zero for PS4, haven't played the 1st game but saw the anime and movie thing am I good?

BamFuller

Neo Member
Muramasa Rebirth Complete Colllection is 10$ as well. I've heard good things about it but now I'm definitely in.

LiK

Bought stiens gate zero for PS4, haven't played the 1st game but saw the anime and movie thing am I good?

If you saw the anime then you know how the story went but the first game is way better than the anime. The anime cut out a lot of stuff including all the alt endings which were amazing. The first game is only $3.

You guys aren't really making this easy...

For reference, I've played and loved both Xillia games, and I don't have any experience with GR series. But I do wanna try GR as well, and I've heard a lot of good things about Berseria...

I'm on a tight budget right now, but I'll probably get my salary in just a few days so I may be able to save some cash from there and get whichever gets left behind later.

Toki767

Kind of tempted to grab Fate/Extella.

Even though I know it's just a Musou game.

Everything else I already have.

Eylos

Banned
Never finished valkyrie, played on my brother's house, i think i Will get this time.

Legend of Korra is good its a Platinum game isn't?

13randO

I'm familiar with the anime, but not the game, what kind of game is it?

It's a visual novel, so there's a lot of reading with limited 'gameplay'. It has audio, but it's all the JPN VO. It's definitely the best way to experience the story though. EDIT: Made dumb analogy

lt519

Still waiting for a cheaper I am Setsuna...

Same, I'm waiting for bargain bin price on that one. Like $10 at most, I can be patient, it'll age well. Rather have it on the Swtich but I doubt we'll see a price that low there.

Weiss

Banned
On one hand, why is it that as soon as I buy FF15 its price drops dramatically.

On the other, omg Odin Sphere for 40 bucks.

I wish Muramasa was a PS4 game.

Never finished valkyrie, played on my brother's house, i think i Will get this time.

Yeah, it is made by Plat. I think it was rather decent. Just go in with your expectations in check. It is low budget and it had a short dev time.

It's a visual novel, so essentially a book on tape with super simple animation and limited story paths. It's definitely the best way to experience the story though.

Thanks and I love visual novel games, especially on handheld so will be picking it up for sure.

HardRojo

Wait, the Steins Gate PS4 remaster never made its way as a standalone release? Was it available on US copies of SG Zero?

Hexa

SAO Lost Song

I wasn't much of a fan of Lost Song despite enjoying Hollow Fragment quite a bit which it is absolutely nothing like. Weaker plot, weaker character stories, worse sprites/cg, less content, and super clunky combat. Liked the new characters and songs though and it did look pretty flashy cool at times. Only get it if you REALLY like the franchise.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is Steins;gate 0 worth it? Also how is it compared to the first game?

Wild Guns and Assault Suit Leynos to fill my SNES nostalgia needs. Can't turn down Gravity Rush and Tales for those prices either. Feels good to hold back on releases to save money as I use to day 1 everything years ago from 2004-2012. Seriously, use to buy like a game or 2 a week and wasted tons of money as they sit in my backlog.

SephLuis

You guys aren't really making this easy...

For reference, I've played and loved both Xillia games, and I don't have any experience with GR series. But I do wanna try GR as well, and I've heard a lot of good things about Berseria...

I'm on a tight budget right now, but I'll probably get my salary in just a few days so I may be able to save some cash from there and get whichever gets left behind later.

If you loved both Xillias, you will probably love Berseria. I think this is more of a guaranteed like since you already like past titles.

GR is also great, but as I have said is quite a slow burn sometimes.

Definitely getting:

MeiQ - ($3 drpg! yes!)
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Lost Dimension

Would love feedback on:

Legend of Korra
Deception IV

Korra is a budget Platinum title. I really liked considering it came out cheap ($15 at launch IIRC).

The battle system is nowhere close to Bayonetta, but I would say it's something akin to the Transformers games (simple battle system, but with enough depth to be fun)

Deception IV is a great puzzle game. The main objective is to chain traps and the game is filled with content that will keep pushing your skills.

Sometimes you have to use the scenario in the middle of a chain. Other times there are enemies invulnerable to some traps, while vulnerable to others. Other times the game requests you to chain traps in a specific way and a lot more.

It takes a while to learn, but you can play this game for a long, long time if you end up liking it.

It's a good budget game. Read above for impressions.

dumbnumb

Neo Member
Would you guys recommend 'Nights of Azure'?

Already have Steins Gate, Digimon and Gravity Rush so I only bought Sorcery Saga. Watching the gameplay videos its seems its a bit like the PS1 game Azure Dreams.

Top Bottom