• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Golden Week sale 5/2-5/8

For someone like me that has no interest in visual novels because I don't see how it makes for a good game, so I donno whether I'd say I'm making a mistake.

In the gameplay department, yeah there is nothing much to it. Its just literally text and you can change the endings via how you interact with people in SMS messaging. But the story, writing and characters are out of this world. The whole concept of time travel, and science overall was executed really well. I was blown away the first time I played it.

There is some guy on GAF who did a HUGE thread on Steins;Gate and pretty much exactly summed up how I felt about this game.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Decisions...I have $12 on the wallet.

Steins Gate (never played a visual novel on Vita but I'm open to the concept)

Ys Memories of Celceta )Couldn't go wrong with this, right?)

Trails of Cold Steel (It's a bit more expensive than my budget and it's coming to PC too but I really want to play this)

What to get?

Wait for Trails on PC as it sounds like it will offer a few exclusive extras(more voice acting for one), but the performance should likely be improved as well. These games go on sale very often also, so don't feel you are missing out by passing this round. (I got both both games like a month ago on a similar PSN sale before the PC announcement)

Reminder for a new page: If you like a good story and don't mind lots of reading with little gameplay (treat it more like, well, a novel)

BUY STEINS;GATE

$3 is absolute madness for this game.

I've already bought pretty much every Star Wars game. I wish that Episode 3 was on PS4, I remember it having a really cool 2 player fighting mode.

Nothing in the Golden Week for me, the few titles I'd like I already own (DBZ, Korra, Transformers) and I don't like Japanese games generally.

joe2187

Banned
Yeah, this is what I was waiting for. Not a great sale personally. Already own most of the things I would want.

I do really want to finish Valkyrie but I also own it on steam.

How's Estival Versus?

If you like Senran Kagura, then you'll Enjoy EV, same but upgraded and more characters.

I wish Sony would do a big PSP sale.

There's a bunch of those that I want for the Vita that rarely seem to go on sale (like the PSP Tomb Raider Anniversary).

Personally 4 Golden for $11-12 definitely seems like a good deal. Might pick that one up.

Calvinpewpewpew

Neo Member
Reminder for a new page: If you like a good story and don't mind lots of reading with little gameplay (treat it more like, well, a novel)

BUY STEINS;GATE

$3 is absolute madness for this game.

I'm signed in, I'm looking at the deals, and this one shows up at like $13.99 for me. What am I missing?

Getting Nier Automata, Tales of Berseria, Gravity Rush 1&2, and some vita games. So glad I haven't used up my 20% off code I received when I bought the Pro. It's set to expire next month so now is as good a time as any to put it to use.

I'm new to PS4, have 20$ in wallet. Is original Gravity Rush worth it?

Haven't played the Remastered version but the original Vita game is absolutely worth it, and I've only heard good things about the PS4 remaster, so I'd say yes.

Looked up reviews for Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization. I know nothing about the franchise. I didn't realize it was so, um, cheesecake.

SephLuis

Going in on Nights of Azure. Any GAFsters with some impressions on that title?

Don't. It's really boring.

Combat is spammy and incredibly easy. The world is interesting but characters are bland and the story is pure wasted potential, and cliche as all hell.

Avoid. Maybe the sequel will be better.

I liked Nights of Azure, but as he said the combat is mostly very simple and it gets repetitive.

However, I really liked the setting, story and characters and those carried the game for me. The OST is also amazing.The game should be 20 hours long if you get all endings.

Atelier Escha or Sophie? Either worth playing?

And fucking finally! Deception IV: Nightmare Princess will be mine. Been waiting to get it for a good price for a while now!

Both Ateliers are worth playing. From those I liked Escha a lot more than Sophie.
E&L, IMO, has a better story, world, setting, battle system and alchemy systems.

They simplified a lot of things for the current trilogy that started with Sophie

Yeah. I stopped buying PSOne classics a couple of years ago for this reason - I still have a PS3 but don't want to have to dig it out for a PSOne game every once in a while.

Leaving money on the table as far as I am concerned.

Well Sony would have projected how well these games are likely to sell, and how much it'd cost to get them running on PS4 (along with the relevent licensing issues, etc) and it may well be that it just isn't cost effective.

I mean, take something like Final Fantasy Tactics. Disregard all the people that have bought it already, take off the cut that Square-Enix will take, and how much money do you think Sony will make by engineering compatibility on PS4? Is it definitely going to be profitable?

Maybe it would be, but there's no reason to just assume they're leaving money on the table.

Decisions...I have $12 on the wallet.

Steins Gate (never played a visual novel on Vita but I'm open to the concept)

Ys Memories of Celceta )Couldn't go wrong with this, right?)

Trails of Cold Steel (It's a bit more expensive than my budget and it's coming to PC too but I really want to play this)

What to get?

Can't say for the others but Steins;Gate seems to be one of the best, if not the best, visual novels on the Vita - for $3 (or $5 if you don't have PS+) it's really a steal. I've been playing it for about 2 months and did 7 hours both yesterday and the day before if that tells you anything. Slow beginning but once it pulls you in you're really going to be in for a ride.

yyr

Does anyone have any opinions on

LetsFishHookedOn.jpg

Is it a competent fishing game?

I bought it on sale for $1.99 one time, I think, and I feel that I paid about $1.99 too much.

I was expecting something along the lines of Sega Bass Fishing. I remember it being really slow-paced, with a clunky interface and poor performance. I uninstalled it.

Maybe you'll like it more than I did but watch some videos first.

Nothing to see here. Just a bunch of trash tier Japanese games.

Ban the junior drive-by shitposter, if you ask me.

autoduelist

If you don't yet own Wild Guns: Reloaded, please buy Wild Guns: Reloaded. Those guys deserve it.

Tell me why. I'm interested.

In the gameplay department, yeah there is nothing much to it. Its just literally text and you can change the endings via how you interact with people in SMS messaging. But the story, writing and characters are out of this world. The whole concept of time travel, and science overall was executed really well. I was blown away the first time I played it.

There is some guy on GAF who did a HUGE thread on Steins;Gate and pretty much exactly summed up how I felt about this game.

I absolutely despise VNs, but I will drop $3 on this and give it a shot. Given the praise here, if I hate it too I'll know I can safely and forever avoid all future GNs. I do like time travel and such so genre wise it should be fine.

Why do season passes never go on sale?

It's the business model. They can sell the main game at deep discount and know some % of those people will enjoy the game enough to buy the DLC. Since DLC rarely goes on sale, people are less likely to 'wait it out' like we do with main games, which we know always go on sale. The rare dlc/season pass sale lets those on the fence pick it up without training us to wait because 'it'll go on sale eventually'. It's not dissimilar to the freemium model, except on a higher price scale. It also adds more value to the 'ultimate' editions, etc, which include said DLC since the DLC generally holds price.

Obvious exceptions exist, but that's basically why season passes rarely go on sale.

Shit this is one hell of a sale for the Vita. Already own Persona 4 on PS3. but will pick up Golden on the Vita.

Power Stone Collection on the Vita doesn't let you play over the internet does it?

Top Bottom