• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Golden Week sale 5/2-5/8

Will Persona 4 feel old and archaic if I already played 5?
IMO, the characters and story are so much better. You'll enjoy it a lot if you can look past the outdated visuals.

If you loved both Xillias, you will probably love Berseria. I think this is more of a guaranteed like since you already like past titles.

GR is also great, but as I have said is quite a slow burn sometimes.

Okay, thanks Seph. Berseria it is.

I'm certainly tempted by that Final Fantasy XV price but I'm not sure.

I've waited this long, should I just wait for a cheaper deal and more patches?

The FF series has never been that tempting for me truthfully but the combat in this one looks a lot of fun plus that whole road trip feel is something I know I'd really enjoy.

Not sure if asked, but can I buy persona golden right now even if I don't have a vita or pstv?

Plan on buying a pstv here soon to play persona 4.

Literally just ordered Nier from Best Buy on a whim before seeing this thread. Promptly cancelled that order and picked up the digital version from PSN. Good lookin out, Gaf.

Also, if a game says PSN / PS3 does that mean I can play it on PS4 / Vita? Super Puzzle Fighter is an all time fave but I don't have a PS3.

SephLuis

Would you guys recommend 'Nights of Azure'?

Yes, but keep expectations in check.

The battle system is interesting, but the game itself is too easy which leads to button mashing in 99% of the game. Thankfully, the game isn't too long (20 hours for all endings I guess).

The main qualities of the game are it's story, characters and OST. The game places a lot of focus on the relationship between two characters and I think it did this very well.

Nauren

Weird... I'm getting "Bad Request" through Chrome but I can get to the Playstation Store just fine through IE.

kevin1025

Banned
Literally just ordered Nier from Best Buy on a whim before seeing this thread. Promptly cancelled that order and picked up the digital version from PSN. Good lookin out, Gaf.

Also, if a game says PSN / PS3 does that mean I can play it on PS4 / Vita? Super Puzzle Fighter is an all time fave but I don't have a PS3.

Is it the Turbo HD Remix version? That is PS3 only, from the looks of it.

EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T OWN IT BETTER BUY STEINS GATE.
Felt I needed to get that off my chest.
I loved it but LOL at thinking it's for everyone. Game is pretty much just reading stuff with almost no interaction. And some of the anime tropes might be a huge turnoff for some.

I'm buying Steins Gate Zero for PS4.

HardRojo

Holy shit 2 step verification on PSN fucking sucks! I'm trying to log in on my laptop to buy the items and the code will simply not arrive. I already wasted one backup code about a month ago because of the same issue.

Rolf NB

Nope! No BC with PS3!
Check the "playable on" thing left on the detail page, under the price.

Problem with this sale is games like Gravity Rush 2, Nier, and Steins Gate 0 are all games I want physically. MIGHT have to try out trails.

Man I really wish the FFXV Season Pass was on sale and not just the bundle. I already own FFXV and want the DLC so was hoping they would discount it

ChrisD

Well, just now (yes, I know...) put 2FA onto my account. Tried to log in on my iPod to see PS+ prices, but I couldn't. Whether I actually forgot my password or it was someone trying to hijack my account, I don't know. Was still logged in on my systems, and could play online games, but couldn't sign in when prompted elsewhere! Trying to reset my password, it was telling me my Date of Birth was incorrect, and I knew I didn't lie on that form seven/eight years ago.

Got on Customer Support's Live Chat ASAP and got a password change from them. They were super quick with it, and didn't turn me down when I bombarded them with like three different phone numbers (because I don't remember which one is on my account). Thank goodness I got a good agent.

I now feel much safer. Put it off out of laziness, and because I have a Tracfone and.. didn't think it'd work, or something. Probably just more laziness and my mind concocted a reason when 2FA was first introduced. Ugh.

Anyways

Tempted to buy Stein;Gate on PS3 just to have it. I mean THREE FRIGGIN DOLLARS? THAT'S IT?

I want Trails of Cold Steel, but still haven't played through Trails in the Sky that I bought last year. Or was it the year prior?

Aru

Legend of Korra is a decent action game. Bought it for less than 4€ on PC and I had fun with it. It's a short game, but I think it serves the game well.

Weiss

Banned
Well I bought Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. Wanted a physical copy but eh, I'll take it half off digital over an $80 physical copy.

Odin Sphere on PS2 sucked so I hope the changes made to the combat are up to snuff.

Shin

Banned
Well I bought Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. Wanted a physical copy but eh, I'll take it half off digital over an $80 physical copy.

Odin Sphere on PS2 sucked so I hope the changes made to the combat are up to snuff.

To me it is, I bought the storybook edition for PS4 and just cuz I couldn't wait I bought it on PSN for Vita last month.
It's a really fun game (first game I've platinum-ed).

Syril

Never played any of the Monster Hunters before. How's Freddom Unite?
Somewhat antiquated by current standards, but all the fundamentals are there, and there's still a lot of content in it. The only make thing missing is online multiplayer since the portable ones were local only at the time. You can still do the multiplayer quests solo, but the monsters' stats are scaled with the expectation of multiple players.

Top Bottom